*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

Guest Lloyd72
20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

This is what I'd like to see:

1.JPG

I don't however think we'll see that team.  McKay and Miller will be on the wings as always.  Kranjcar and Halliday will probably be in there again.  I don't think the team will be that different from last time which is a bit concerning.

Asking Tav to play both fullback positions is a bit much imo, also why the fuck would you want Kiernan to start alongside someone who has been a shite defender at LB let alone CB. Honest to fuck I don't think you watch football sometimes.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Asking Tav to play both fullback positions is a bit much imo, also why the fuck would you want Kiernan to start alongside someone who has been a shite defender at LB let alone CB. Honest to fuck I don't think you watch football sometimes.

:lol:

I don't know what happened there.  I'll need to go back and edit that team.

I think we are maybe looking at the same line up as yesterday. Wilson for kiernan maybe. We need to be hard and tight in midfield and play with pace upfront. Niko's passing was a lot quicker,and the movement was better. Id love to see Dodoo play against them from the start,but cant see any of the front 3 being dropped for him

Is Gilks still gonna start the league cup games?

Also, I wonder if MW fancies going more defensive and plays Hodson instead of Tav?

Gilks

Wallace, Hill, Wilson, Hodson

Holt, Halliday, Windass

MOH, Miller, McKay

Windass, MOH and McKay to give us pace to get in behind their defence.

All I ask is we go at them and give them a game and see what happens , if we give our all and still get beat it will still be a bitter pill to swallow but just give us some pride rangers and nothing like that shambles the last time . It's a one off game , anything can happen . 

No surrender :uk:

Personally I think we have done well to reach semi final, other's, may have another opinion.  Don't know why but I can't really get too excited for this game.  I am sure that I will get my usual bout of nerves and my excitement will become fever pitch nearer the time.  I just hope that whoever plays gives it their all and put in a fighting performance that is befitting of the Jersey.  Hoping for a victory, however, sad to say I might accept a narrow defeat.

20 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

3-5-2 for me..

The wingers just are not doing it so, put an extra defender in and let Tav and Wallace bomb on..

Wes

Kiernan,Senderos,Hill

Tav,Halliday,Holt,Kranjcar,Waldo

Miller and Dodoo

I wouldn't pick that team personally, but I like the idea of 5 in midfield. 

31 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Gilks? FS! ?

This is nothing to do with Foderingham. I am a huge fan of his and believe he has been our best player this season. But Gilks is the league cup keeper and he hasn't made any mistakes so I think he deserves to keep his place. I would understand and not have a problem if Wes played. I know this is a huge game but what was the point in buying Gilks if he can't play in these games. If Wes got injured he would have to play.