*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

11 hours ago, left winger said:

Ahh cool, thanks for that, ignore my previous post Wilson ain't suspended, hopefully him and Hill then though I have a feeling it will be Wilson and Kiernan.

Warburton's  plan A is far too predictable and plays into tims high press game.If he goes with type then I fear the worst and feel Rangers must go with a back 5 playing long till tims run out of steam.Then our young midfield of Halliday, Holt and windass will out run them . Rangers must show respect to a team +18 goals in the league to our +0 and I feel if Warburton doesn't use a plan B in this game it may cost him his job . I know it seems like a very negative post but I'd say it's realistic and Walter Smith put tims to the sword many a time using these exact tactics.

Gilks

Tav    Wilson       Hill       Wallace

Halliday

Holt            Forrester

Dodoo        Miller          Windass

Foderingham

Wallace Hill Wilson Tavernier

Halliday Rossiter

Holt

Miller Garner Windass

Team full of legs.. went for Wilson and Hill as I feel Kiernan bottled it last game v them and Senderos not inspiring me at all...Feel like Hill and Wilson will at least have the stomach for the fight if nothing else...Bring on McKay and Kranjcar later on in the game...when they r tired so McKay can run at them and Kranjcar can find more space to play

3 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Im torn for this game, i want to see krankcar playing in an advanced role with halliday and rossiter starting or halliday with holt and windass. 

I'm the same but how can we drop Holt ?...I like Kranjcar but he got a bit too excited last time and we could do with legs...keep him for 60 mins when there is more space for him to play

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Gilks

Tav    Wilson       Hill       Wallace

Halliday

Holt            Forrester

Dodoo        Miller          Windass

I'd go for this. Dodoo and Windass deserve their chance, whereas Waggy and McKay deserve to be dropped. If he wants to use the squad on merit then this is the time to prove that.

2 hours ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Isn't Wilson suspended for this game?  Also believe we have another player who is suspended?

I know we state our preferences but wouldn't be surprised if the manager surprises us with his starting line-up.

Picking Sinclair at left wing would really surprise they cunts

12 hours ago, port_bear said:

My team would be ...

Foderingham – Hasn’t really done much wrong in recent weeks, still don’t think he’s the answer but he keeps his place.

Hodson – It’s time for Tavernier to have a seat on the bench, he’s been a shadow of the payer he was last season, his recent performances just haven’t been good enough.

Hill – Again hasn’t put a foot wrong in recent weeks and has used his experience, his lack of pace is a huge concern, however with no real alternatives he keeps his place.

Wilson – I think he’s been the best of a bad bunch this season, again pace is an issue but again who else is there?  If he’s fit he should start.

Wallace – Still not performing at the level he should be, did well for the assist the other night and we need to see more of that from him, a captain has stand up and be counted in games like this.

Halliday – Has been superb since the Barton fiasco, almost seems like he’s got a new purpose about him, lets hope he replicates his performance in the semi last season.

Kranjcar – Some will question his inclusion however imo he has been different class in the past few games.  His range of passing and vision is on another level to anyone in the league, we need to get him on the ball and let him dictate.

Windass – Again was tough to leave Holt out of the starting 11 however against Caley I thought he was poor and too many times in games he goes missing and the game almost passes him by, this isn’t the game for passengers.  Windass has looked superb and will provide more direct and better runs, he will also link better with Niko.

Waghorn – Been slightly off the boil since the injury, however his pace and energy is something we need and hopefully he can put in a performance we all know he’s capable of.

Garner – Another tough decision and some will want Miller to start after his winner against Caley and no one can questions is attitude and commitment.  However, far to often the other night he tried to get too involved and was back deeper than Halliday and Niko leaving us with no one in the box.  Garber for me will provide a better focal point and this could provide him the opportunity to start showing why we paid £1.5m for him.

Forrester – Surprised he hasn’t started more games recently and with McKay really off form it’s time to give Harry another crack at the whip.  Not sure what is wrong with McKay these days but against Caley he almost seemed afraid to take his man on, electing on almost every play to cut inside and find the easier 5 yard pass. 

Stopped reading when you said Tav on the bench...

4 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Warburton's  plan A is far too predictable and plays into tims high press game.If he goes with type then I fear the worst and feel Rangers must go with a back 5 playing long till tims run out of steam.Then our young midfield of Halliday, Holt and windass will out run them . Rangers must show respect to a team +18 goals in the league to our +0 and I feel if Warburton doesn't use a plan B in this game it may cost him his job . I know it seems like a very negative post but I'd say it's realistic and Walter Smith put tims to the sword many a time using these exact tactics.

Spot on there mate

We only have 1 game plan which has always worried me

9 hours ago, ChrisMcb said:

Am I the only one who thinks tav has been fairly good this season ?

Also I'd drop waggy atm and play dodoo

Agree with both points. Tav has been okay.

Dodoo brings a different kind of threat as well. Waggy is looking like he's trying too hard right now. It's not happening for him.

if we don't take the chances that come our way then it doesn't matter who mw picks. but if we keep a solid back line and take our chances I think we might just sneak this. surely we will come out on top against these tarrier bastards at least once this season and I think the cup will be our best chance to do it.

I'd stick with Waghorn, despite his form.

Dodoo is unproven and if I'm honest, I haven't been impressed by him. I thought we had stolen the Premier League champions' up-and-coming star during the summer, McParland was being touted for a knighthood, but he's struggled to break into the side and when he's played, he hasn't looked great. To put my criticism into perspective, he's older than Celtic's Dembelé, the first team one, not the child.

Waghorn has it in his locker to have an impact on the fixture; we should stick with him. McKay won't lose his place, either.

Foderingham, Tavernier, Hill, Kiernan (I understand Wilson's suspended), Wallace, Halliday, Holt, Forrester, McKay, Miller and Waghorn. That's my starting eleven.