Waghorn/Garner

gsa

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bam74 said:

They're both hopeless. £1.8 million for Garner just seems like a bad joke. Spends most of the game arguing or on his arse.  Kenny Miller, at 36, is our best striker. Frightening

This is it, we brought in 11 players and are having to go with most of the team from last season as the players are either injured or considered not better than what we have by the Manager who signed them.

Just now, Smile said:

1 minute ago, Smile said:

This is it, we brought in 11 players and are having to go with most of the team from last season as the players are either injured or considered not better than what we have by the Manager who signed them.

Still not convinced by Garner,Think he's pretty poor in what i've seen of him and never off his arse ... Pretty hard to believe the money that was paid for him.

Just now, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Still not convinced by Garner,Think he's pretty poor in what i've seen of him and never off his arse ... Pretty hard to believe the money that was paid for him.

He must look better in training as i've yet to see him have a good game.

Waghorn is definitely off form at the moment, just does not seem to strike the target when under pressure.

Not impressed by Garner, seems more interested in diving and trying to be the hardman up front.

Fodringham

Tavenier        Wilson             Hill               Wallace

Halliday

Windass                    Holt

Kranjcar

Dodoo                   Miller

4 hours ago, MasterD said:

Neither are helped when they don't get a run of games in 1 position. Waghorn starts in the middle 1 game then moved to the right the next to make way for Garner or Miller, then the next game Garners a sub again and someone else comes in.

No spine to the team in general. From CBs, CMs, "front 3", rarely any of them are the same 2 or 3 games in a row.

But it's all about the squad bro, they aw need a wee shot

5 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Waghorn and Mckay just aren't up to it.

great against Allloa, East stirling etc but posted missing when it matters.

Someone wants to tell Garner that his job is to score goals, not fall about looking for free kicks..

BTW, Miller is still comfortably our best striker..

Am quite sure Garner is looking for some mongo on a Rangers forum to tell him how to play as a striker

Dodoo looks better than both of them. I'd start him. He makes things happen. Waghorn is rotten, offers nothing to the team at all. Garner needs more chances and he'll start putting them away. Dodoo actually comes on and plays like an guy with a point to prove, he's impressed me a lot the past two appearances he's made 

Waghorn needs a hand, better service or a bit of space (yes he can play on the right but he's not gonna score much there what's it to be?!).

Garner needs space, low level defense and cross balls for the head. (Not seen much from him to prove his former fans wrong that he's a League 1 player tops and effective primarily where a teams defense goes on holiday. I also think my suspicions that the rumoured £1.8M was nonsense are proving to be true.)

Dodoo needs 1 or 2 more seconds than what he's got.

I personally think we'd see far more from all of them if we changed to attacking more directly with pace rather than walking it to the edge of the area but I'm not the manager. I also think O'Halloran should be on the right at present or tried through the middle in my suggested approach even if his subs appearance at left wing the other week made him shite and other things in the eyes of many, he creates goals and can run like a whippet.

Waghorn playing wide right makes about as much sense as having an ashtray on a fucking motorbike. His right boot is only for standing on and half decent defenders can read him like book and make him either go wide or try his luck at going through them.

Just as Barton and Rossiter were a liability in our system, Miller and Waghorn are not a good mix against Premier league defences and make us lopsided. I'm not sure whether Waghorn has the ability to get us goals playing through the middle, but sure as fuck he won't get them playing wide right.

9 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

Don't rate either. Waghorn is not quick/clinical/decisive enough and Garner pisses me off with his constant diving and getting involved in stuff he shouldn't, not seen any bit of play from him that even suggests he is worth the 1.5 million we paid for him.  

Garner over acting is pissing me off also. He needs a stern warning on both the fronts you mention, diving and involvement.

Tom Daly's diving partner at this rate.

The Gaffer is a fidget. 

Fidgeting with our selection, where and who does what, fidgeting with strikers, subs and what not. 

No wonder half our team run about not knowing/forgetting what this weeks game plan is all about. 

Thing is - I think MW thinks this is "management" when it's actually just "fidgeting". 

Nothing the matter with not disrupting our momento with subs

Nothing the matter with playing players in their strongest position 

Nothing the matter with speculative shots as every striker wants to 

Like my old mum used to say "leave that alone or it will fall off". 

Garner is the better option IMO but he needs service. 

Stop trying to walk the ball into the net and start whipping crosses into the box for him to attack and he'll thrive.

He looks isolated at times and, when he's already a bit of a fiery character, the frustration that will bring isn't going to help his temperament any.