Clint Hill

Hill is nowhere near as bad as he is made out to be. 

For all this pace talk the guy hasn't been caught out once at the back. His problem is whoever is next to him, hes basically trying to do 2 CBs jobs at times.

I actually think his experience and defensive skills will see us much more solid this weekend. Cellic hardly set the heather alight against us and I'm 100% sure Dembele gets nowhere near that header if Hill is marking him. I feel a bit more confident when other teams get set pieces now

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Hill is nowhere near as bad as he is made out to be. 

For all this pace talk the guy hasn't been caught out once at the back. His problem is whoever is next to him, hes basically trying to do 2 CBs jobs at times.

I actually think his experience and defensive skills will see us much more solid this weekend. Cellic hardly set the heather alight against us and I'm 100% sure Dembele gets nowhere near that header if Hill is marking him. I feel a bit more confident when other teams get set pieces now

Boyd outstripped him for the goal at Killie to be fair. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Boyd outstripped him for the goal at Killie to be fair. 

Not IMO. That was Kiernan's fault. If you watch it back Boyd turns Kiernan(10 years younger than him) and outpaces him which means Hill is dragged out of position and RUNS PAST Kiernan to try and make the challenge. Kiernan, regardless of the whipping boy etc etc is our main problem

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Not IMO. That was Kiernan's fault. If you watch it back Boyd turns Kiernan(10 years younger than him) and outpaces him which means Hill is dragged out of position and RUNS PAST Kiernan to try and make the challenge. Kiernan, regardless of the whipping boy etc etc is our main problem

Think both were partly culpable to be honest. 

48 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Hill and Wilson are probably our best partnership,can't see warburton not playing Kiernan though on sunday

he loves him ,disgraceful if he does he's clueless defensively 

All these pointless digs at the manager are starting to do ma fucking nut in. What is the need in it? How does he love him? Cause he plays him over Wilson all the time? He has played 2 or 3 more games than Wilson over the last 15 months. Cause he gave him an extension? Hardly showing he loves him, maybe he was just securing him incase we sold him etc and wanted to recoup some of the fee. 

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

No papers had any Rangers player in their team of the week. I'd like to see what Djoum from Hearts and Barton for Partick done that Niko didn't do with consummate ease to get the central midfield slots

Dont read them, then don't get upset, though I am shocked the don't just put Teirney in every position 

To be fair Hill has done a job when called upon recently and I hate to knock the big man however he is far from the quality needed for us to win titles imo and if we get a half decent central half he would be the one to drop. Still hoping Senderos comes good but for now the jury's pretty much out on him until he gets more game time to see what he can do.

Guest Lloyd72

Hill and Wilson have both improved massively, Wilson looks a bit quicker than last season too and is a changed man when playing as the RCB. Hill hasn't ut a foot wrong since the Killie game and looks to have sorted out our defence but cracks appear whenever Kiernan is in the side so I'd keep him as far away as possible.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Also at the end his positioning was rank and he flapped aboot like an emu playing with a toy ferret, allowing one of their players a headed chance, before berating everyone else.

You thought the emu/toy ferret comparison was a bit bizarre? 

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Rob Kiernan defending (or is it an emu playing with a toy ferret? Hard to say)...

Where on earth did you find that????

Or, I know you got it off T'Internet - HOW did you find that?

At least Rob didn't pick the ball up!

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Where on earth did you find that????

Or, I know you got it off T'Internet - HOW did you find that?

At least Rob didn't pick the ball up!

Murray Park mate. Clip from our scouting archives, subsection 'Centre Halves'.

3 hours ago, soulboy said:

Folk were saying in another thread Wilson is suspended for Sun not sure how accurate that is

Dear god i hope not. I'd 100 % start Senderos over Kiernan, if he starts then we're losing multiple goals guaranteed. He makes my head hurt just thinking about his positioning.