Football Manager 2017 - Beta

TMB

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 wins on the trot with Edinburgh City! Fotheringham has been an inspired signing! Up to 5th with a game extra played. Won 4, drawn 2, lost 4. Beat top of the table Elgin at home after they spanked me up there! Every single game ive won with the exception of the Leith friendly has been 1-0 though. Really need to score more goals.

On 1/9/2017 at 2:48 PM, 50ShadesofBlue said:

Well I got the squad playing again and won the league in the second last game by beating Celtic 3-0 at Ibrox. Glorious stuff.

Won the league by 3 points. Celtic 2nd and Hearts 3rd. Thistle lost their way and came 4th. 

Capped off the season with a Scottish Cup win over Ross County by winning on penalties. Great end to a long season for the lads. 

New contract for the prodigal Govan boy Hamish Alexander(me but not my real name). Asked for better training facilities and youth recruitment which was agreed. 

Squad development going well, new coaches and individual training regimes making the difference. Billy Gilmour, Zak Rudden and Liam Burt looking like great prospects.

New youth intake produced 1 excellent prospect called Samuel O'Connor (MC). Straight into the first team for development and featured in a couple games.   

Ended up bringing in 12 players on mostly pre-contracts and freebies. Notably signed Jon Toral, Emerson Hyndman (loan), Jack Harper (loan) and my new star striker Duje Čop. He will be the difference in Europe. 

Sold Halliday, Holt, Gilks, Krancjar. 

Loaned out Dodoo, MoH, Crooks and about 12 youth players. Also signed a bunch of 18/19s on frees that look promising. 

Pre season playing all the big names at Ibrox to cash in and experimenting with my squad went well.

Managed to see my way through the Euro qualifiers and beat Qarabag 6-1agg to qualify. £11M banked. Asked for more transfer funds - rejected. Dicks.

Slow start to the SPFL campaign. Couple draws and a win but bigger fish to fry with PSG in the Champs League. 

Watch this space... 

(I'll get some screenshots up next time)

It's now the business section of my second season at the helm of Rangers. 

Sitting at the top of the league with a 4 point cushion over Celtic going into the last 2 games of the season. Next up...Celtic at Ibrox. If I beat them I win the league for the second year running by beating them. C'mon! 

Just before Celtic I have the small matter of ICT in the Scottish Cup Semi Final with Celtic already booked their slot in the final. Could it be the treble for me or will Celtic finally stop me in my tracks. 

Player development is going well. Rudden is sitting 2nd top goal scorer in the league and Billy Gilmour has been playing plenty games along with Robbie McCorie. 

U20s got to the quarters of the U19s Champions Cup only to lose to PSV Unders. This is with most of my better talents out on loan too. 

I had found a defensive star in Tiago Llori and he was having a fantastic season only for me to lose him in January for £2M (Non negiotable clause) to Stoke. Now worth £6M. Raging. 

Starting to think about my squad for 2017/18. My 'star' striker Duje Čop turned out to be pretty average after a couple games and now is unhappy as I've left him out in the cold. It's affecting the squad too so he's for the off. C***. 

Current squad: 

image1.JPG

3 hours ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

Sitting at the top of the league with a 4 point cushion over Celtic going into the last 2 games of the season. Next up...Celtic at Ibrox. If I beat them I win the league for the second year running by beating them. C'mon! 

Just before Celtic I have the small matter of ICT in the Scottish Cup Semi Final with Celtic already booked their slot in the final. Could it be the treble for me or will Celtic finally stop me in my tracks. 

Player development is going well. Rudden is sitting 2nd top goal scorer in the league and Billy Gilmour has been playing plenty games along with Robbie McCorie. 

U20s got to the quarters of the U19s Champions Cup only to lose to PSV Unders. This is with most of my better talents out on loan too. 

I had found a defensive star in Tiago Llori and he was having a fantastic season only for me to lose him in January for £2M (Non negiotable clause) to Stoke. Now worth £6M. Raging. 

Starting to think about my squad for 2017/18. My 'star' striker Duje Čop turned out to be pretty average after a couple games and now is unhappy as I've left him out in the cold. It's affecting the squad too so he's for the off. C***. 

Current squad: 

image1.JPG

Alt+F9 ingame takes screenshots for you.

38 minutes ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

Aye...internet was down for a while hence the mobile photo post. 

Just thought i'd let you know just incase you weren't aware :).

I've had a disastrous first save. Sacked by us in December, then by Bolton in February of the same season. Ended up at Dunfermline in the May then got sacked the following February. Took a 5mth sabbatical to spend sometime with the family/punditry :P

Now i'm at Sporting B and doing not bad. Have a ridiculous amount of good youngsters as expected, it's just shame that they get sold/loaned out by the actual Sporting manager or if they do really well get promoted to the 1st team. I know i'll never get promoted but i'm using it to rebuild my rep :lol:

On 1/15/2017 at 1:06 PM, 50ShadesofBlue said:

Current squad: 

image1.JPG

Well I done it. The Double Treble! I am now a legend in the making. The board and fans love me. 

I drew 1-1 with Celtic to win the league at Ibrox. Amazing. I lost 2-1 in the final game against Dundee but I fielded all my squad players so I don't mind.

Next up was the Scottish Cup where I destroyed Celtic 3-0. Great stuff.

Pre-season has went well with various players coming and going. I managed to pick up Vladimir Weiss on a free but the wee basturt took £35K per week to tempt. Worth it though. McKay an Weiss on the wings.

The board gave me...£18M to spend. Unreal. I blew £12M on Nouha Dicko from Wolves to play upfront with Rudden. He's already made an impact scoring in various friendlies.

I've now setup affiliates with  Livingston and QoTS(existing) and loaned out 8 players in total. Further players have went out on loan to the Premiership. I've made it a rule never to loan to Aberdeen, Hibs or Dundee Utd muahaha. 

I have now turned my attention to signing solid U20s in the hope of winning the U19s Euro Cup. 

Requested the board develop the training and youth facilities again. Completion due in 1 year. 

Completed various glamorous friendlies following a training camp in Spain. The coffers are looking good going into the new season. Bring on the Champs League money! 

New season has begun and I've managed to beat RB Salzburg on an away goal to progress to round 3 of the qualifiers. I'm now up against Ludogrets. Easy peasy. 

Sadly lost Toral for £2.5M to that pesky contract clause allowing foreign clubs to match the free. He's off to Atlanta of all clubs and now worth £5M. Raging. 

Opened the league by beating St Johnston 5-0. Rudden picking up a hattrick. The boy is a goal machine. 18 years old, worth £3M, tied down to a 4 year deal and the sky is the limit for this young man. 

Billy Gilmour has now become a first team regular at 18 years old with Rossiter in the centre of midfield. Robbie McCorie is now my first choice goalie too. Hoping to bring through 1 or 2 more youth players this season into the team in leu of being first team regs next season. 

Onwards...

Finished my season with Sporting B, came 3rd wasn't too upset with that as I can't get promoted so finishing 1st or 2nd would've been pointless.

Just sitting back now as the main manager takes all my decent players into the first team or sells them all :anger:

Well thats Warburton got the sack in my game. Probably far too early for me to have any chance of getting it :lol:  

Paul Lambert is the bookies favourite... Then Billy Davies then Ray Mckinnon

Wasn't surprising given they have played 14, Won 4, Drawn 4 and Lost 6. One point above relegation playoff.

Celtic are 11 clear with 2 games in hand over second placed Hearts. They are unbeaten so far.

I've got a Scottish Cup replay with Berwick up next and Airdrie await in the next round.

Right im done for the day. Pleased with the turn around in fortunes as I thought I wasn't going to get anywhere. Still early days mind you but the start of the season saw me lose 8 out of my first 11 games.

Ive now gone on to lose only 2 of my last 16 with 6 draws and also saw of Berwick Rangers in the cup replay 2-0 to set up the tie with Airdrie.

At my half way point and im now into promotion spot in 4th place but I have a game in hand over the two teams underneath me who could jump over me with wins.

I've got a lot of players not really in my plans at the moment but nobody wants them and its tough bringing players in. I managed to get a young boy on loan from Wolves but other than that, struggling. Annoyed at losing one of my hibs loan players (who started the season at Edinburgh City) after his loan deal was up and he knocked back extending it... Still feel like my strikers are not scoring enough goals though. My left back who I got slated by the fans for signing just scored the winner and has 4 assists to his name, his stats have been improving recently too which has been good as a few of my players seem to just be losing in stats.

Brought in - 

Itumeleng Khune - £230k (GK)

Jason Denayer - £5m (CB)

Denervon Daniels - Free (CB)

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Loan, option to buy (CDM)

Vladimir Weiss :love: - Free (LW)

Adam Armstrong - £3.8m (ST)

Takuma Asano - £3.8m (ST)

Got rid of all the deadwood like Kranjcar, MOH, Crooks. Forrester etc. Garner, Windass, Thompson etc out on loan.

Sold Diego Poyet to Wolves for over £6m, no bad considering I picked him up on a free 2 seasons ago and he served me well.

Qualified for the CL and got Atletico Madrid, Bayern and Lyon in my group :lol:

Going for my 3rd title in a row, Taigs are a mess.

Having a nightmare third season.

Probably to be expected, sold a lot of first team players.

Sold Ryan Gauld for £12.5m, Chelobah for £20m, and a young german regen for £30m.

Cant bring in anyone decent at all, tried to bring in Lewis Cook who was transfer listed and he wanted £75k wages.

Having to rely on youngsters who are just about keeping me in the title race.

Good thing is that the board have improved my youth and training facilities to 5*.

Just got humped by Liverpool 3-0 in champions league.