The players failed our manager today

Gaz52

Halliday was awful. 

McKay was awful

Windass was awful 

Wallace for the goal was an embarrassment and ruined the hard work of Kiernan, Hill & Gilks. 

Warburton had the nuts to change things today and it was a good system, the players who have shown they can play football just decided they didn't want to try and bet a ball down and pass it. We were so wasteful in possession. They deserved their win but at least there's been a lot of progress - especially defensively - since last month. We've got enough about us to beat them at Ibrox. 

The whole front three needs revamped. I'd call Hardie back from St Mirren and play him with Garner up top, at least Garner battles for the ball and holds it up well, wins flick-ons etc. 

We'll bridge the gap eventually but we need to spend big in January and next summer. 

No surrender. We welcome the chase :crabflute: 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Spend big, you're at it, king wouldn't give you the change out his purse unless he got your house for it 

Well it's either that or he's never getting the Champions League money he so badly craves 

9 minutes ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

nah m8, the players didn't fail the manager, the manager failed the players

He can only put them over the line. He put 4-5 good footballers in the midfield and they just didn't look interested. They shat out of everything. They've showed they can play before so there's no excuses 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Our players just aren't good enough. Championship winners,  Premiership mid-table level.

I don't agree, I think they are good enough but tactics are often questionable.  Played Aberdeen off the park last month and they're touted as the mhanks nearest challengers. We need to cut out sloppiness and take our chances, which we haven't done. We played as a counter-attacking team today but have no pace up top. They may well not be the answer, but if you're going to do that then you either play Garner to hold up play and break from midfield or you play pace up top. We didn't threaten Gordon (who is shite) or their back four (who are shite) or break away from their midfield of Bitton and Brown (who are shite by the way). 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Our players just aren't good enough. Championship winners,  Premiership mid-table level.

Feels awful admitting it but this is spot on the money.

Teams can punch above their weight if everyone pulls together and are well organised both defending and attacking. We don't have that therefore we rely on the quality of our players on an individual basis and they just don't cut it.

The trouble is even if the board make £15m available in January, will Warburton use it since he has so much faith in the current squad as is shown by his constant refusal to drop underperforming players.

The score line might not have been as embarrassing as the last time but the performance was terrible, with the exception of Gilks.

Just now, Gaz52 said:

He can only put them over the line. He put 4-5 good footballers in the midfield and they just didn't look interested. They shat out of everything. They've showed they can play before so there's no excuses 

oh i most earthly agree with you, however our strikers need a partner and not players playing miles apart but again it doesn't help matters when your playing passy pass with each other in the middle of the field and the strikers are so far down the wing doing nothing being marked out the game because we're too slow to release the ball

Warburton failed the fans, the board and the players today with his stupid decisions. Can't defend, can't attack, can't find quality players, the guy needs shown the door now. Our defending has been fucking shite since day one, it's literally agony to watch us. 

Defence was much better. 3 out of the four were pretty good. Wallace had a bit of an up and down game. More down than up. But a great tackle. 

Mckay needs dropped. Windass was ineffective. 

I liked Tav at right midfield. 

Garner is a dud  

Still a work in progress and while they were worthy winners, we are getting closer. 

2 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Warburton failed the fans, the board and the players today with his stupid decisions. Can't defend, can't attack, can't find quality players, the guy needs shown the door now. Our defending has been fucking shite since day one, it's literally agony to watch us. 

What a lot of absolute shite.

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I don't agree, I think they are good enough but tactics are often questionable.  Played Aberdeen off the park last month and they're touted as the mhanks nearest challengers. We need to cut out sloppiness and take our chances, which we haven't done. We played as a counter-attacking team today but have no pace up top. They may well not be the answer, but if you're going to do that then you either play Garner to hold up play and break from midfield or you play pace up top. We didn't threaten Gordon (who is shite) or their back four (who are shite) or break away from their midfield of Bitton and Brown (who are shite by the way). 

We might have looked as though we played the sheep off the park, but did we? Maybe they were being too respectful     They hadn't played the present team before, the next time they'll know what they're up against.

We have not remotely bridged the Championship/ top of Premiership gap.We are a championship team against a premiership team who are far better than they were last year. Our signings have all been either rubbish, injured or arseholes and the gap has got wider. Theres only one thing that will bridge it and that is money to buy better players. Without that investment we will be also rans.

7 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Defence was much better. 3 out of the four were pretty good. Wallace had a bit of an up and down game. More down than up. But a great tackle. 

Mckay needs dropped. Windass was ineffective. 

I liked Tav at right midfield. 

Garner is a dud  

Still a work in progress and while they were worthy winners, we are getting closer. 

Have you been smoking crack? Tav was fucking abysmal today, an absolute failure of a decision. 

8 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

What a lot of absolute shite.

Well, if you want to make a positive case for us having no shots and why being comprehensively dominated was a good thing then go right ahead. I'd love to hear your opinion. Let's see if you can delude me into thinking we played well today.

We were fucking shite, it was a performance on a par with our OF match under McDowall.