What player did you want to be growing up?

GTMLivo

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Laudrup. I remember i got my mum to get me a pair of Patrick boots because he wore them. They were shite looking compared to my pals but i didn't care. I tried to run like him, play like him, have my hair like his. Always wanted number 11 shirt number if we played in a team.

Paul Gascoigne.

We are very fortunate in that we had the privilege of seeing him week-in, week-out. When Cryuff did the Cryuff turn, every little boy did it and when Gazza bleached his hair, so did every little boy. That's the type of player we had. An icon.

I'll never forget his performance in the 8IAR game against Aberdeen.  

My avatar- John Greig 

There's been some great names and players mentioned but come on they don't get any bigger or better than The Legend. The man lived and breathed our club. Captained us through the best and worst of times and every week left nothing on the pitch.

The archetypal Rangers player and I just loved the man, and still do. 

McCoist, growing up no else even came close to McCoist for me he was my hero and I thought he was the greatest ever and not even the likes of Gazza or Laudrup got the praise from me like Ally did, ye just epitomised Rangers for me when I was a kid. I remember copying all his goal celebrations from videos I'd seen and falling out with my friends if they said they were playing as Ally :lol:

Thinking about it now is quite sad, you never see kids out playing football pretending to be their favourite players any more, there's at least 3 footy pitches within a mile of me and none of them ever get used, when I was wee we had a big back garden and as far as we were concerned my back garden was Ibrox park and every day we'd all play football till dark but it seems that's a thing of the past

1 hour ago, Willis said:

McCoist, growing up no else even came close to McCoist for me he was my hero and I thought he was the greatest ever and not even the likes of Gazza or Laudrup got the praise from me like Ally did, ye just epitomised Rangers for me when I was a kid. I remember copying all his goal celebrations from videos I'd seen and falling out with my friends if they said they were playing as Ally :lol:

Thinking about it now is quite sad, you never see kids out playing football pretending to be their favourite players any more, there's at least 3 footy pitches within a mile of me and none of them ever get used, when I was wee we had a big back garden and as far as we were concerned my back garden was Ibrox park and every day we'd all play football till dark but it seems that's a thing of the past

post of the weekend from Willis .

It is sooooooooooooooooooo right

Remember the conversation " ok what we playing " world cup ?

Ok I will be Denis Law ,naw I'll be Jim Baxter . Who you going to be ? I will be Lato . WTF :ohmy:

What about you plonker fud  face ? ................I will be Jimmy Johnstone :angsum:

Fucking plonker right enough doh

The best days ,none of the young ones will just never know of