What player did you want to be growing up?

GTMLivo

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Had the privilage of buddying up with Bobby on my coaching badges. An absolute gentleman and great knowledge of the game. Mentored me through it, as I was for chucking it. 

My son came back from one of them Rangers training roadshows a few years back. Said this old boy with a funny name  did about 200 keepy ups and ran rings round all the young coaches. 

Bobby Prytz 

4 hours ago, billsim1984 said:

:lol: aye it does look like that when I read it back. Just he asked me if I could find out the price of the hearts tickets for him so he knew for sure what it was.

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Ally mccoist, look where that got me.

When I was just a little boy I asked my mother what would I be, would I be Protestant would I be taig here's what she said to me, join the UVF and grab yerself a gun and make those bastards run, sing the sash the sash.

if any of the PC brigade have a problem with my songs then deal with it.

11 hours ago, Smile said:

Peter Lorimer as he could kick the ball hard. I'm sure i got him in those Champion chews you got back in the day with the wee footballer card inside. It was before decimalisation so i cant really remember if that was the proper name of the chewy sweets maybe someone with a better memory will remember.

Football chums (the name of the sweet)maybe?

Peter Patrick Lorimer, never had you down as wanting to be a tarrier :mutley:

Mark Hateley was the player I tried to emulate but my actual playing style was a mixture of Kenny Black, Terry Hurlock and  William 'The Refridgerator' Perry. I didn't get picked for my primary school team again despite being second choice striker after I nearly broke a star winger's leg. He played for us and I dived in to get the ball in midfield when he was messing around and tried to get round a guy and I went crashing in and won the ball...

18 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Peter Patrick Lorimer, never had you down as wanting to be a tarrier :mutley:

Always wondered about him!

A few others kicking about in that Leeds team - Bremner, Eddie Gray.

Still see EG out running round these parts.