What player did you want to be growing up?

GTMLivo

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Bremner and Gray were great players. Didn't realise they were from the dark side :angry:

They were great, although Eddie was a bit injury prone & did well to see out a full career.

Was fairly common knowledge at the time that he was a tim - possibly emerged when Leeds played them in 1970?

His lad, Stuart, went on to play for them a bit.

Not sure where I heard about Bremner, but I'm sure I was told he was a particularly bitter one!

6 hours ago, Misteral said:

Great player for us and hated it when he left for Spurs and shall we say i was a tad disappointed after that :) 

gathered that from the original post, hero of mine growing up,

Now the first goal was scored Parlane, the second by Alfie Conn the third by big Tam Forsyth and the Gers went marching on.

the ref he blew for full time and 3-2 was the final score

couldnae hear the whistle blow for THE SASH MY FATHER WORE.

6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Nah, left a good few years ago.  Still have family there though so visit pretty often.  

The Ardencaple was scene of a few episodes...:beer1::hump::lol:

Haha! I'll bet!

I was a bit young first few times but been a couple of times more recently (once for a CL game in 92/3 & for work & a game 5-6 years later.

It was looking a bit sad last time I passed (7-8 years back) - has it been done up since?

5 hours ago, HG5 said:

Haha! I'll bet!

I was a bit young first few times but been a couple of times more recently (once for a CL game in 92/3 & for work & a game 5-6 years later.

It was looking a bit sad last time I passed (7-8 years back) - has it been done up since?

I've only been in it a couple of times recently, once for a funeral wake and once for a friends 50th birthday.  It was a wee bit different than it was 30 years ago, as in the back area is remodelled and the clientelle base has totally changed, but then not sure what I expected...!

9 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

I've only been in it a couple of times recently, once for a funeral wake and once for a friends 50th birthday.  It was a wee bit different than it was 30 years ago, as in the back area is remodelled and the clientelle base has totally changed, but then not sure what I expected...!

I'd have thought the likes of you, FSM and Mitre Mouldmaster would have wanted to be more of a Alaistair Hood, Lawrence McIntyre, Kenny Scott, David Martin going up than any Rangers player.