Leipzig

Carsons Dog

17 hour bus journey ?

Never again. Done Austria on the Toryglen bus years ago, repetitive loyalist tunes (some of which are depressing as fuck to listen to) being played to the point you know what song comes on next before it even starts. Always that one lunatic normally sat behind you that doesn't sleep and knows every word to said depressing song.

19 minutes ago, jackunion said:

17 hour bus journey ?

Never again. Done Austria on the Toryglen bus years ago, repetitive loyalist tunes (some of which are depressing as fuck to listen to) being played to the point you know what song comes on next before it even starts. Always that one lunatic normally sat behind you that doesn't sleep and knows every word to said depressing song.

I done a school trip to Italy on a bus a few years ago, same situation with Christmas songs.

38 minutes ago, jackunion said:

17 hour bus journey ?

Done the bus to Sturm Graz as well. if I mind right it was 30 odd hours all in. Done Dortmund and Paris as well on the bus but so many flight options these days that it's no worth the hassle of the bus anymore.

8 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Done the bus to Sturm Graz as well. if I mind right it was 30 odd hours all in. Done Dortmund and Paris as well on the bus but so many flight options these days that it's no worth the hassle of the bus anymore.

I remember walking out the stadium in Seville years ago as well and few lads where boarding the bus that was heading back Home after the final whistle. 

Fuck that, at that point in most trips your at your most fucked stage of the journey and I could think of nothing worse than sharing a bus with 50 other lads on a 30 hour road trip through Europe.

21 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Yeah I know people enjoy the European bus trips but I just don't see why anyone would considering for the same price you can get a cheap flight almost anywhere in Europe and share a nice hotel with yer mate/s .. stroll about the pubs, decent sleep etc.

It had it's place 20-30 years ago before the internet and budget airlines etc. Unless you were loaded your average Bear couldn't do the trips.

1 hour ago, brazz1972 said:

Fuck the game did you manage to make it to the Luna bar in Graz 

Spoiler

:wink:

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah I know people enjoy the European bus trips but I just don't see why anyone would considering for the same price you can get a cheap flight almost anywhere in Europe and share a nice hotel with yer mate/s .. stroll about the pubs, decent sleep etc.

It had it's place 20-30 years ago before the internet and budget airlines etc. Unless you were loaded your average Bear couldn't do the trips.

The worst journey for me was Parma in the grapes bus, my knees were knackered for about a week after it.

8 hours ago, jackunion said:

17 hour bus journey ?

Never again. Done Austria on the Toryglen bus years ago, repetitive loyalist tunes (some of which are depressing as fuck to listen to) being played to the point you know what song comes Always that one lunatic normally sat behind you that doesn't sleep and knows every word to said depressing song.

You'd hate @Rfc52 and I then :D 

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

True. Just time of year etc I wasn't sure but every second bear I'm talking to is going :lol:

Might see ye over there :D

Think it's been the delay in European games against decent opposition in a good country. Germany is excellent 

Tried flights to Berlin but because that many are going the prices ur through the roof ! Now flying the sat morning 6am Glasgow to Amsterdam and get connecting flight a hour later to Hamburg . Stayin in Hamburg in holiday inn Reeperbahn and will get train through to Leipzig on match day . Buzzing for this one everywhere gonna be packed wae bluenoses !??

1 minute ago, Ambrogio said:

Tried flights to Berlin but because that many are going the prices ur through the roof ! Now flying the sat morning 6am Glasgow to Amsterdam and get connecting flight a hour later to Hamburg . Stayin in Hamburg in holiday inn Reeperbahn and will get train through to Leipzig on match day . Buzzing for this one everywhere gonna be packed wae bluenoses !??

There's still good deals there if folk don't mind a wee bit extra travelling like yourself 

All booked up. 6 of us going on the Friday and back the Monday. The flights are £120 which I'm not too fussed about but it's the hassle I'm a bit wary off. Fly from Glasgow to Amsterdam, then from there to Berlin... followed by an hour train journey to our digs in Leipzig. 

Should be a cracking trip right enough.

13 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I'm sure the players would have preferred a winter break in the canaries or somewhere else rather than a cold Germany. There's a higher risk of injury due to the climate which I don't think is worth taking for a friendly ???

Fuck the players this trip's for us :party::beer1::crabflute: