Physical prowess

gsa

We need some physicality somewhere in the team, preferably at CM. 

Halliday is (just about) good enough technically, decent passer, worth a goal or two and try's his heart out. Physically he's a joke. So so weak. Lacks pace, power and endurance. Chasing shadows because he just can't get close to people and when he does he's outmuscled. Holt is always going to be limited physically just because of his stature. 

Up front Miller is understandably fading physically because of his age, Garner is strong and aggressive but very slow. Waghorn is cumbersome. 

The only real athletes we have are Tav and MOH. And MOH doesn't have the brain to use his pace. 

Pace and power are needed ASAP through the middle of the team. I'm not one of these guys that thinks you need big strong players just because it's the  backwards SPL but every team needs an athlete or two. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we need is the players to take risks and shoot at the goal, if it goes wide it goes wide but one will go in or the keeper will palm it out to be taped in. Tav last year would run at defenders drop his left shoulder go inside and shoot scoring more than his fair share. Now he is alway trying to go on the outside and get a cross into Garner and co.

Back to basics , see the goals shoot.

I said in another thread that Warburton has signed players to fit in with his style of play.

I thought Barton was going to give us something, but we know how that went, rossiter may give us something but that's if he's ever fit again.

Windas,, holt and Halliday offer very little in this respect. Crooks physique would make you think he'd be a suitable candidate but I might just be reading between the lines too much and besides he never gets long enough to show what he can do.

would love someone in the Ian ferguson mould (also if they were one of us that would really help too). Even guys like Albertz who wasn't a hard man but was certainly physical enough to have other players just ping off him.

Our play isn't varied enough and our squad isn't varied enough and I doubt if Warburton was given 15m in January that this would change.

13 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I said in another thread that Warburton has signed players to fit in with his style of play.

I thought Barton was going to give us something, but we know how that went, rossiter may give us something but that's if he's ever fit again.

Windas,, holt and Halliday offer very little in this respect. Crooks physique would make you think he'd be a suitable candidate but I might just be reading between the lines too much and besides he never gets long enough to show what he can do.

would love someone in the Ian ferguson mould (also if they were one of us that would really help too). Even guys like Albertz who wasn't a hard man but was certainly physical enough to have other players just ping off him.

Our play isn't varied enough and our squad isn't varied enough and I doubt if Warburton was given 15m in January that this would change.

Barton had to sit in the hole trying to protect two of the worst central defenders in the league. When did Barton ever play that role, far less with two as bad behind him. Who the fuck would want to. No wonder Barton told him he was clueless. We should have two imposing central defenders, with an arial prescence and decent pace. You know just the basics and to fuck with all this protecting them shite and let midfielders go foward and be creative, taking a few out along the way as Barton is used to. Yes Barton has under performed, but there are much worse than him and it isn't only down to the players. The whole system is a total cluster fuck and as you said giving MW 15 mil wouldn't change it.

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

No chance :lol::power_of_anguish:

That boys a fucking poof man

Why, for pointing out that they booted him up in the air every opportunity they got? 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Why, for pointing out that they booted him up in the air every opportunity they got? 

If thats his main take away from todays game - that poor old him got kicked a few times and it spoiled the game, then he'll never ever make it here. 

I'll say it again, a fucking poof of a player if thats his mindset. 

12 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Barton had to sit in the hole trying to protect two of the worst central defenders in the league. When did Barton ever play that role, far less with two as bad behind him. Who the fuck would want to. No wonder Barton told him he was clueless. We should have two imposing central defenders, with an arial prescence and decent pace. You know just the basics and to fuck with all this protecting them shite and let midfielders go foward and be creative, taking a few out along the way as Barton is used to. Yes Barton has under performed, but there are much worse than him and it isn't only down to the players. The whole system is a total cluster fuck and as you said giving MW 15 mil wouldn't change it.

When did he say he was clueless?

supposedly our defence is our weak point but I would in fact say our midfield is our weakest part of the team and that is where most games are won and lost,for a much as they try the simply fact holt and Halliday are just not good enough for us to be challenging the scum.

when watching games other teams seem to get past our midfield as if they were not there hence putting pressure on our suspect defense,as thread says we need someone physical in there who will put a challenge in and tackle even when they know they can't get the ball at least to let the opposition know it won't be a walk over!

we are just to power puff all over the park!

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

supposedly our defence is our weak point but I would in fact say our midfield is our weakest part of the team and that is where most games are won and lost,for a much as they try the simply fact holt and Halliday are just not good enough for us to be challenging the scum.

when watching games other teams seem to get past our midfield as if they were not there hence putting pressure on our suspect defense,as thread says we need someone physical in there who will put a challenge in and tackle even when they know they can't get the ball at least to let the opposition know it won't be a walk over!

Our midfield is pretty poor.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

We are third place and have the third best defensive record in the league.

But in terms of goals for we are ranked 6th, and have scored less than half what the bheasts have.

We move into forward plays reasonably well but our biggest deficiency is we just don't score enough.

Yesterday Miller x2, Garner and Tav all had clear cut chances. Over and above that we had a good few plays where is was 3 on 2 or 4 on 2. We fucked them all up.

If the team, and forwards in particular, would finish off decent chances we would pick up more points and remove some of the negativity and pressure. But not one of them appears clinical.

11 hours ago, Vanoli said:

If thats his main take away from todays game - that poor old him got kicked a few times and it spoiled the game, then he'll never ever make it here. 

I'll say it again, a fucking poof of a player if thats his mindset. 

The problem with football in this country is the style of play and tactics adopted by Ross County. 

I'm bored and fed up with fouling and the disrupting of the game.

One team try to play the other set up to stifle, foul and frustrate.

You choose to call our player a poof for highlighting it, crazy.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

But in terms of goals for we are ranked 6th, and have scored less than half what the bheasts have.

We move into forward plays reasonably well but our biggest deficiency is we just don't score enough.

Yesterday Miller x2, Garner and Tav all had clear cut chances. Over and above that we had a good few plays where is was 3 on 2 or 4 on 2. We fucked them all up.

If the team, and forwards in particular, would finish off decent chances we would pick up more points and remove some of the negativity and pressure. But not one of them appears clinical.

Your not wrong in your post but Laudrup1690 has a point. Our midfield is not very good going forward or defending. Halliday is pretty poor in the position he is playing.

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Your not wrong in your post but Laudrup1690 has a point. Our midfield is not very good going forward or defending. Halliday is pretty poor in the position he is playing.

I'm not going to disagree that the midfield is weak.

But on the whole it's enough to handle most teams in this league. 

Yesterday was lost points due to missed chances and being suckered at a well drilled corner move.

We had at least 10 phases that should have resulted in a goal and yet we hardly worked their keeper.

Rossiter imo will improve the midfield. Crooks might if he's ever fit and selected. Time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Agree 100% when we are on top and playing well we don't finishes our chances and then later in games it comes back to haunt us because we usually don't keep clean sheets.

we should of been out of sight with the garner and Miller one on one and if they go in game over its simple as that 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yesterday was lost points due to missed chances and being suckered at a well drilled corner move.

We had at least 10 phases that should have resulted in a goal and yet we hardly worked their keeper.

Rossiter imo will improve the midfield. Crooks might if he's ever fit and selected. Time will tell.

Miller should have made two-nil, very easily; and Garner should have hit the target twice. I think those chances came before they scored.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I hope Crooks and Rossiter make a difference and are not a let down like some of the others.

I'm worried Rossiter and Crooks are going to turn out like Prodan.