Physical prowess

gsa

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

I hope Crooks and Rossiter make a difference and are not a let down like some of the others.

I'm worried Rossiter and Crooks are going to turn out like Prodan.

Unfortunately at the moment I'm always hoping that someone not in the starting 11 can come in and improve us. Yet imo only MOH has shown desire and ability to get himself into the team. Our subs yesterday were again abysmal.

Can only hope though not really expect the two mentioned can come in and improve us.

we need something.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game we leave ourselves wide open ..His philosophy has to change or were in soapy...everyone who comes up against us  know we're weak all over and canny defend.. Hearts and the beggars will pump us and we'll be fighting for top 6 if we continue like this .

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Our midfield is weak as fuck.

Time for changes.

It's always the defence or the strikers that take the flak.

But the root of the problem is that midfield, not creating chances for the forwards and are piss weak and offer no support to the defence.

After the summer transfer windows dealings we are in no better shape than when we were with Law, Sheils and Zelalem.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

But the root of the problem is that midfield, not creating chances for the forwards and are piss weak and offer no support to the defence.

After the summer transfer windows dealings we are in no better shape than when we were with Law, Sheils and Zelalem.

Yesterday the chances we missed were criminal. The midfield played their part in creating 4 one on ones v the keeper. In addition we had times when we vastly outnumbered them on the break but fucked up.

Our defensive record is 3rd best in Scotland, same as league positioning, so consistent to where we're at. 

If we take chances we win games. Our scoring ratio is fucking awful.

So yes an improvement in midfield is needed.  But we weren't dominated in midfield.

Defensively we have improved, yet our scoring is shocking and that's what hurts us.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yesterday the chances we missed were criminal. The midfield played their part in creating 4 one on ones v the keeper. In addition we had times when we vastly outnumbered them on the break but fucked up.

Our defensive record is 3rd best in Scotland, same as league positioning, so consistent to where we're at. 

If we take chances we win games. Our scoring ratio is fucking awful.

So yes an improvement in midfield is needed.  But we weren't dominated in midfield.

Defensively we have improved, yet our scoring is shocking and that's what hurts us.

Fair enough, we could be more clinical in the final third but after a good opening spell we were totally outfought imo.

Decision making from the forwards can be brutal at times.

That midfield just does not fill me with confidence at all, i thought Holt was an empty jersey.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Fair enough, we could be more clinical in the final third but after a good opening spell we were totally outfought imo.

Decision making from the forwards can be brutal at times.

That midfield just does not fill me with confidence at all, i thought Holt was an empty jersey.

Holts worst game imo. Midfield not aided at all by Miller who seems to start left mid, then move into a sort of free role, doing nothing of note.

Our problem is we have nothing better to replace them with unless Rossiter or Crooks come good and stay injury free. Doubtful.

But as I say, we take chances, put teams to bed, get more points and move up the table and all of a sudden the midfield problems lessen.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

The problem with football in this country is the style of play and tactics adopted by Ross County. 

I'm bored and fed up with fouling and the disrupting of the game.

One team try to play the other set up to stifle, foul and frustrate.

You choose to call our player a poof for highlighting it, crazy.

It's the way it is and always has been, it's the way football is in general at all levels. Real Madrid do it to Barcelona for fuck sake. For one of our players to come home crying about that after the performances of our players is what's crazy. He won't ever make it here if that's his mentality. 

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Holts worst game imo. Midfield not aided at all by Miller who seems to start left mid, then move into a sort of free role, doing nothing of note.

Our problem is we have nothing better to replace them with unless Rossiter or Crooks come good and stay injury free. Doubtful.

But as I say, we take chances, put teams to bed, get more points and move up the table and all of a sudden the midfield problems lessen.

It's up to the manager to tell Miller to do the job he has asked him to do, if that is the job he has asked him to do then he takes the blame.

Miller is cutting a frustrated figure just now, much like the Miller we seen when Ally was in charge.

We don't have anything better, poor transfer dealings have seen to that.

What promised to be a decent season is becoming a nightmare.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Iike many others, Holt hasn't stepped upto the mark in Premiership.

Halliday is a piss poor CDM, if he's going to play move him forward one.

I think Windass will be ok but needs a run of games.

It's time for Crooks to be given a start and as for Rossiter, you've got to wonder what is going on with him.

24 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Iike many others, Holt hasn't stepped upto the mark in Premiership.

Halliday is a piss poor CDM, if he's going to play move him forward one.

I think Windass will be ok but needs a run of games.

It's time for Crooks to be given a start and as for Rossiter, you've got to wonder what is going on with him.

Holt is inconsistent, on his day he is a great wee player but tends to go missing at times.

Agree about Halliday, too weak to play the role he has been forced into playing.

Crooks needs to be given a shot to at least add a bit of physicality to the middle, i know he looks thin but he's a big lump of a lad who can put himself about, from videos i have seen of him he also reads the game well.

Rossiter is just a mystery, something aint right thats for sure, shame because he looks like he could be a real asset.

Is rossiter still injured think he'd have been a cracking CDM with windass AM and garner and miller up front ? Also why has Wilson been dropped ? The guy seemed to thrive in his first spell with the club being alongside an experienced CB like weir so why not give him a run of games alongside hill he seems to be the most experienced CB we have ? Don't rate Kiernan at all and the 4-3-3 seems to have had its day clubs now know our system and are exploiting our faults in dire need of a rethink. 

9 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Agree 100% when we are on top and playing well we don't finishes our chances and then later in games it comes back to haunt us because we usually don't keep clean sheets.

we should of been out of sight with the garner and Miller one on one and if they go in game over its simple as that 

Neil McCaan summed it up at the end when he said that most games we are dominating but we are not finishing the game off.Look at the goal stats for our forward line and that tells it's own story.To many chances missed by the whole front line all season.

Personally for me the biggest problem near enough every game is our midfield gets bullied and ran over far too easily. Halliday should be no where near that team he's simply not good enough to play that position (but he's a rangers fan so it's ok :sleep1:) The sooner Rossiter gets back the better someone who's actually disciplined and understands the position. 

On 07/11/2016 at 9:44 AM, Dazzler said:

The problem with football in this country is the style of play and tactics adopted by Ross County. 

I'm bored and fed up with fouling and the disrupting of the game.

One team try to play the other set up to stifle, foul and frustrate.

You choose to call our player a poof for highlighting it, crazy.

If I was the Ross County manager that's exactly how I would have told my players to act. break up the play, don't let them break with fluency. We moan like woman cause we can't beat them. go figure.

It's something I'd like to see too.

I know some folk think we should be moving away from that type of philosophy but the way I like to see my football played perfect example the way Borussia playing against the tarriers (barring the last 20 minutes of the game last week) when you watch them they are strong in the tackle, take 50-50's with ease and come out with the ball with a presence & confidence - and they're just an average German team.

Even Smith's teams before McCoist took over had some of that presence too especially at the back with Weir and Bougherra, 

I know Garner is physical but that's a moot point - you've got to be able to play football too to make it work. 

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

If I was the Ross County manager that's exactly how I would have told my players to act. break up the play, don't let them break with fluency. We moan like woman cause we can't beat them. go figure.

I find games like Sunday to be very very boring.

I know Ross County have to play to their strengths and it's been part of the game for years.

I'm too old these days to sit through matches like that, I have better things to do with my time.

It's the main reason I stopped watching Scotland games years ago. Being set up ultra defensive and hoping not to loose and trying to frustrate the opposition is not something I want to watch.

8 hours ago, HalfwayLoyal said:

Personally for me the biggest problem near enough every game is our midfield gets bullied and ran over far too easily. Halliday should be no where near that team he's simply not good enough to play that position (but he's a rangers fan so it's ok :sleep1:) The sooner Rossiter gets back the better someone who's actually disciplined and understands the position. 

Fuck off idiot. Amazing the amount of folk raving about Rossiter , he's hardly kicked a ball and is another injury prone player but he's a world beater.

One of the Facebook pages saying wee Barry moaning about it being a matter of time before someone picks up an injury because of the oppositions style, fair point barry but your reluctance to try and beat a man and go for a 50/50 should see you allright wee man.

3 hours ago, Dazzler said:

I know Ross County have to play to their strengths and it's been part of the game for years.

I'm too old these days to sit through matches like that, I have better things to do with my time.

It's the main reason I stopped watching Scotland games years ago. Being set up ultra defensive and hoping not to loose and trying to frustrate the opposition is not something I want to watch.

Its terrible to watch , granted.

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuck off idiot. Amazing the amount of folk raving about Rossiter , he's hardly kicked a ball and is another injury prone player but he's a world beater.

Nothing against the kid, he's looked OK in the 3 games or so he's played but IMO (only based on what I've seen so far) he doesn't really do anything Halliday doesn't.

It's just the way it is - the longer you don't play the better you are to some - especially if your a youngster from an EPL side. 

The only thing that gives me some hope is the fact he's a regular in the England U20's so he must have something about him but I don't think he's suited for the way we play (or have to play)

Would like him to come back and prove me wrong though.

10 hours ago, Dazzler said:

How did you enjoy our run to the UEFA cup final?