Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Born and Bred in Scotland, I moved to England 30 years ago when i was 21 for work and over the years have made many friends who are english, I did however alway's remain fiercely patriotic to my country of birth and used to feel absolutely gutted if Scotland lost to England but with the rise of the Nationalists in Scotland who detest all things assosciated with the Union of the United Kingdom including Rangers i now find my patriotism for Scotland being severely tested, I am not english as i was not born or brought up in England but i do now find myself hoping that England fucking pump Scotland on Friday night as the thought of seeing The Poison Fucking Dwarf grinning like a fucking cheshire cat and gloating like fuck if Scotland miraculously managed to beat England makes my skin fucking crawl, I know we should be able to separate sport from politics and still support our national country regardless of politics but you just fucking know that if Scotland win this match these poisonous and odious nationalist supporting cunts will celebrate as if they won a fucking war and not a football match, Sorry to say but it looks like nationalism has drained The Patriotism from my very being

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Born and Bred in Scotland, I moved to England 30 years ago when i was 21 for work and over the years have made many friends who are english, I did however alway's remain fiercely patriotic to my country of birth and used to feel absolutely gutted if Scotland lost to England but with the rise of the Nationalists in Scotland who detest all things assosciated with the Union of the United Kingdom including Rangers i now find my patriotism for Scotland being severely tested, I am not english as i was not born or brought up in England but i do now find myself hoping that England fucking pump Scotland on Friday night as the thought of seeing The Poison Fucking Dwarf grinning like a fucking cheshire cat and gloating like fuck if Scotland miraculously managed to beat England makes my skin fucking crawl, I know we should be able to separate sport from politics and still support our national country regardless of politics but you just fucking know that if Scotland win this match these poisonous and odious nationalist supporting cunts will celebrate as if they won a fucking war and not a football match, Sorry to say but it looks like nationalism has drained The Patriotism from my very being

It's your country too.  In fact the majority of people in Scotland voted for it to remain in the union, remember?

Don't let the nationalists steal your country or your patriotism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

It's your country too.  In fact the majority of people in Scotland voted for it to remain in the union, remember?

Don't let the nationalists steal your country or your patriotism.

I agree with this. I'd love it if Rangers infiltrates the Scots support and took their national team back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of either patriotism or nationalism tbh. The latter quite often develops from the former and the latter is really only the former having been influenced, corrupted and radicalised by other things. Seems to me that those kinds of sentiment are rarely positive. They can also be taken advantage of all too easily by cynical scoundrels and tyrants.

Let's go for a dramatic analogy!... Patriotism is the volcano, nationalism is the eruption. With wee devastated, hawf buried communities in their wake and deed cunts everywhere.

Willing to play at it for the purposes of football, though. :7326:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2016 at 1:14 PM, coopsleftboot said:

It's your country too.  In fact the majority of people in Scotland voted for it to remain in the union, remember?

Don't let the nationalists steal your country or your patriotism.

They have already taken our flag as their own :( which is very annoying and I now have a Lion Rampant and a Union flag on our car. So I agree while it is not easy supporting Scotland at the moment I still do with gritted teeth because I cannot let the bastards take our country from us. We are not in the minority, although it feels like it most of the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2016 at 3:52 PM, Inigo said:

I'm not a fan of either patriotism or nationalism tbh. The latter quite often develops from the former and the latter is really only the former having been influenced, corrupted and radicalised by other things. Seems to me that those kinds of sentiment are rarely positive. They can also be taken advantage of all too easily by cynical scoundrels and tyrants.

Let's go for a dramatic analogy!... Patriotism is the volcano, nationalism is the eruption. With wee devastated, hawf buried communities in their wake and deed cunts everywhere.

Willing to play at it for the purposes of football, though. :7326:

Per Orwell:

 

Quote

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. By 'patriotism' I mean devotion to a particular place and a particular way of life, which one believes to be the best in the world but has no wish to force on other people. Patriotism is of its nature defensive, both militarily and culturally. Nationalism, on the other hand, is inseparable from the desire for power. The abiding purpose of every nationalist is to secure more power and more prestige, not for himself but for the nation or other unit in which he has chosen to sink his own individuality."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Per Orwell:

 

 

With his patriotism, I could be a patriot. The 'place' would be the place I live, inhabited by the people I know. It wouldn't be a country. My problem is other people. Other people let patriotism become nationalism too often. Their patriotism tends to relate to a country, which seems to me a bit blind and tends more towards being about prestige and exaggerated differences and ego and less about belonging. Nationalism, in other words.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a proud Scotsman I feel I have been severely tested by the going ons in the last few years.

I used to shout for the national team and thought this would never change but sadly not anymore.

I do hope we beat England but I really want change and Strachan and Mcghee out so I am conflicted and confused.

 

All I do know is my Love for Rangers and that will never change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fans hate us.  The manager and coaching staff hate us.  The blazers upstairs hate us.  The majority of the players are taigs.

I get told from people who run about in skirts and timberland boots, constantly screaming anti-English and British bile, that I'm a bigot and full of hate. 

Fuck them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2016 at 3:06 PM, Thermopylae said:

It's a nice touch that both sides will be wearing a poppy it reminds us that there is a whole lot more across the old 1707 border that unites us than divides us 

 

Both sets of support were also wearing poppies and had homemade poppy banners. 

I felt genuinely heartened by that.

The united silence was extremely moving.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...