Player autobiographies - best and worst?

I've read Novo's, Numan's, Ferguson's, McCulloch's, Weir's and Gascoigne's.

I found McCulloch's story interesting; Wishaw to the Premier League, plus he was open about the money down south which is always a novelty, eg. Puma paid him £1,000 for wearing their boots every match and he was on £1,500 per-point at Wigan.

Numan's and Weir's were, as has been mentioned, a bit dull.

If you're wanting an interesting read, have a look at Andy McLaren's; the ex-Dundee United and Killie one. He was an alcoholic and when he went down to Reading, used to try and fill his hotel with empty bottles of Bud.

I want to buy Barton's, but...

15 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

Bob McPhail's. It is great to read about the Rangers of his time especially the stories about Mr Struth also Eric Lidddell. The club should try and get it re-released. Or better still get the current management team & players to read it.

Havent read it but met him quite a few times, a real gent and a great Ranger.

3 hours ago, WGOH said:

I horn Gazza's book a while ago but haven't actually read it (no a big fan of books) is it worth the read? 

Seen his DVD and it's immense. 

Yeh man. Really good read, full of hilarious and harrowing stories. Doesn't hold back. 

25 minutes ago, wully said:

I got Steven Gerrard's for Christmas last year and it's yet to be opened.

Just started reading this not too bad so far , best I have read is Paul mersons book very funny and outrages stories , Andy grays book is worth a read as well 

Read quite a few but GAZZA stands out for me. Ian Redford was quite good to start with but ended up a bit of a dirge. Coop was alright but you would have expected more given the man.  Other than Rangers books i would recommend

The secret footballer

Paul Merson

Bobby & Jack (charlton)

Kevin Twaddles...... book purely for the amount of times you think....."ya fuckin robbing/stupid bastard"  all the way through it

Barry Ferguson's was decent IMO.

Novo's wasn't the best and Goram's was shite.

Started Davie Weir's book but never actually finished it.

Outside Rangers players I've read the autobiographies of Andrea Pirlo, Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Robbie Savage and Harry Redknapp. Of them I'd say Pirlo and Redknapp are the best. Savage wasn't great.

Got Drogba's book somewhere as well but haven't even started that.