Davie Provan

Falkirk bear

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad news I remember sitting in the stand at parkhead back in the late 80s and he was in the row in front with his daughter and you realised that although you were virtually viewing the game through the same eyes as a true legend he would be seeing so much more than you were 

RIP

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Mr Provan was the inspecting officer when I was a youngster at the 3rd Johnstone BB. The inspection went on forever as he stopped to talk to every boy and made us all feel special. At that time (81 or 82?) he was Rangers Chief Scout. A Gentleman.

That's where I was :)

Sad to hear this. 

Davie had a big job in filling the boots of leg-break victim Eric Caldow, then he had his own leg broken by the despicable Bertie Auld.

My abiding memory of him is from my first ever away game, Ayr United at Somerset Park, when Davie hit a clearance so far out the park it must have hit Ailsa Craig. Last time I saw him he was sitting in front of us at the League Cup Final against Motherwell a few years ago.

RIP to a true Ranger.