What is our clubs biggest problem(s)

RangersMedia

What is our clubs biggest problem(s)  

305 members have voted

1. 1. (Select 2 Options) What do you think is currently think are the biggest issues currently facing Rangers?

• Lack of financial backing on signings
    • Poor tactics/management on a matchday
    • Poor coaching and/or lack of club philosophy
    • Poor signings/scouting
    • Unrealistic expectation/demands
    • Lack of stability/financial security
    • Poor youth system
    • Weak board room
    • Media
    • Other (please state)
  2. 2. Has Warburton been backed enough

• Yes - winning league is realistic
    • Definitely enough to finish 2nd
    • Maybe enough to finish 2nd
    • No

Both lack of financial backings on signings and I had voted for poor signings/scouting but I would change that to "poor tactics/management on match day" instead as our signings are only poor because there's been no financial backing so it kinda cancels that out leaving Warburton's faults to come to the fore.

There's times the 4-3-3 doesn't work, or his double substitution on 70 minutes as it's sometimes too late to make an impact, he leaves the worst players on and sometimes takes the better ones off and I don't think he knows his best XI with everyone fit.

Warburton hasn't been backed. Let's be honest. As I said earlier we have a squad full of average players from the likes of Swindon, Wigan, Hearts, Walsall, St Johnstone, Accrington Stanley, Leicester reserves, Kilmarnock, Preston etc. That's just not good enough. One or two gems from those teams provided they are good enough but the are neither.

But the second option is every bit as relevant for the reasons mentioned. 

In short Warburton hasn't been backed financially to get the standard of player needed to execute his style of play, but he's made managerial mistakes too so he's not blameless, either which then leads people to question trusting Warburton with any serious money if it ever becomes available which puts us in a right shitty position.

Faults all round. 

All of them but mostly for me the refusal to change shape or formation when it's not working and the quality of signings in the summer have been shambolic

The wages offered to Barton Kranjcar and Senderos could have probably got us a decent defender and attacker, although I like Joe Garner he isn't worth £1.8m

I think the English leagues are the worst for players, the market is so overpriced it's unrealistic, plenty cheap gems surely found in the Nordic or Eastern Europe.

Shopping in England guarantees a bang average player for too much money

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Both lack of financial backings on signings and I had voted for poor signings/scouting but I would change that to "poor tactics/management on match day" instead as our signings are only poor because there's been no financial backing so it kinda cancels that out leaving Warburton's faults to come to the fore.

There's times the 4-3-3 doesn't work, or his double substitution on 70 minutes as it's sometimes too late to make an impact, he leaves the worst players on and sometimes takes the better ones off and I don't think he knows his best XI with everyone fit.

Warburton hasn't been backed. Let's be honest. As I said earlier we have a squad full of average players from the likes of Swindon, Wigan, Hearts, Walsall, St Johnstone, Accrington Stanley, Leicester reserves, Kilmarnock, Preston etc. That's just not good enough. One or two gems from those teams provided they are good enough but the are neither.

But the second option is every bit as relevant for the reasons mentioned. 

In short Warburton hasn't been backed financially to get the standard of player needed to execute his style of play, but he's made managerial mistakes too so he's not blameless, either which then leads people to question trusting Warburton with any serious money if it ever becomes available which puts us in a right shitty position.

Faults all round. 

It's hard to work out.

I think everything I've put in there is a factor. I mean we ARE Ranger, expectation is never too high - but..... being realistic, we were NEVER going to win the league spending just £3.5m over 18mths from McCoists disastrous reign. We are asking for a Leicester type miracle if we expected too. 

I am unsure about Warburton. I think he is a good football man with good idea's, but.... does that translate to being a good manager? I've said a few times I think he'd be a good Sporting Director/Director of Football, but that is a very different roll for Manager. 

I'm very unsure he can topple Celtic, but is philosophy will see us good in the medium/long term - whether he is the man to see it through though....

Imho, it is a mix of it being a lack of Financial backing on signings, poor tactics/managment on match day and poor signings/scouting, it isn't like we haven't spent anything in the summer as we payed that 1.8 million on garner in which Warburton looks to have wasted as of now. If he was to be given the money I still wouldn't be 100% confident that he would use it wisely!

Think there's a complete disconnect between the youth team and the first team.

For all the effort and money that's put into training the lads at Auchenhowie there isn't often much of a reward for anyone involved.

That's a two-way street, no reward for the first team and no reward for the youth team.

Here's an idea - last year we got used to pumping the diddy teams when we went there & only really stepped up for Hibs and Falkirk games. But we still won the league. When I watch us v Partick etc, part of me thinks that our squad turns up at the likes of Partick and Hamilton and can't be much arsed, thinking it's an easy win, we're Rangers, etc. They need to change this attitude.

I predict you'll see a lot more effort out of the side in the next ten days - Hertz, Aberdeen, Hertz. But that's the wrong approach, as we all know: we need to pump the diddy teams so we have a decent goal difference, etc.

Oh, and while I'm here - Waghorn is definitely off in January, just from looking at his expression on the bench yesterday.

You could've had an option of ::: All of the above!

They're all reasons why we're not doing as well, in the league, as the BIG SUPPORT demands.

When Warburton arrived, our first competitive game, against hibs we won 6-2, everything after that result was never going to be good enough. We became arrogant, thought that we were a better team than we actually were.

1. The team not having the right mentality going into games. Although it's easy to label games vs Kilmarnock, PT, ICT and so on as "easy games" they really aren't. The boys have to go into each game like it's a cup final (preferably not the Scottish Cup final) or an old firm. Every team, especially after we went down is going to bring their A game and then some. We need 100% from 100% of the team. 

2. Media bias is a massive thing, we do something bad it's the worst thing since Hitler. We do something right it'll be glanced at from the wrong end of a telescope between two continents. We face flak everyday and night, we get tied to negative stories and so on

3. Gaining Capital. Need to get fat mike out so we can get profits from shirt sales. There are people pissing their pants to get their hands on the strips, Adult and child alike. If a packed Ibrox all got a new shirt at 50 quid each the club is looking at a potential 2m at the very least. That alone would cover Joe Garner who by all rights should be a back up striker with some 10m striker being at the helm. 

6 hours ago, Badger said:

It's hard to work out.

I think everything I've put in there is a factor. I mean we ARE Ranger, expectation is never too high - but..... being realistic, we were NEVER going to win the league spending just £3.5m over 18mths from McCoists disastrous reign. We are asking for a Leicester type miracle if we expected too. 

I am unsure about Warburton. I think he is a good football man with good idea's, but.... does that translate to being a good manager? I've said a few times I think he'd be a good Sporting Director/Director of Football, but that is a very different roll for Manager. 

I'm very unsure he can topple Celtic, but is philosophy will see us good in the medium/long term - whether he is the man to see it through though....

I have said exactly the same about MW many times.

Maybe he needs a good coach workingunder him. Weir hasn't really stepped up 

The signings made over the summer is the main problem for me. Look at all the signings we made, how many have made a serious impact this season? Bearing in mind its now the end of November so we have had 4 months of competitive football (League cup included). Hill? A player at 38 years old to make the biggest impact out of 11 summer signings is embarrassing. Nothing against the guy, I think hes done a job in our defence and we are a better side with him in it. Garner and Windass seem to be the only other 2 who have played a decent amount of games this season, Windass has looked good in flashes (when fit) and with Garner I think there is a player there but he doesn't fit our system. Why was he signed if thats the case? Dodoo has played well in the past two games, I would like to see him get a run in the team. The rest have either been injured, squad players or Joey Barton! If someone picks up an injury that can't be helped but we seem to pick up a lot of injuries in training which is a concern. Add to that Crooks and Rossiter who were signed injured. 

With this squad we have at the moment there is no chance we will topple Celtic. More investment is needed. I'm not sure if Warburton is the man to get that investment. 

Warburton has built an average Premier League  team and nothing more. I cant see decent investment in the playing side anytime soon and I wouldn't  trust him with money anyway. 

We are in a rut that could continue for a while. Apart from Rossiter to come in he has very little to make any kind of difference - the next few weeks could see a lot more points dropped. 

We could see a pish Aberdeen side coming to Ibrox and winning comfortably 

Expectation management i.e built on looking too far into the past.

We've had the club totally dismantled and almost destroyed in front of our eyes over the last few years.  Only in the last 18 months has there been people in the club with a genuine desire to shake of the shackles and allow us to reconstruct the club from the bottom, brick by brick by brick.  There's still a way to go to rid of us of a few shackles but the intent is there....along with the intent to ensure we don't go back there.  Bizarrely, a lot of people seem to think it's past us now and we should be in a position where we can reach for the top almost immediately.  Until we're stable, in control of funding streams and markets and lenders have confidence in the "company" then we do have to be very careful financially.

So, yes, there's a lot that needs improving, and a lot of these are as mentioned in the "poll", but expectation needs to be tempered and not measured against the success of, for instance, the 90's.  That was entirely a different era when money wasn't an option.  I see progress all over the club, and I see a few hurdles in the way.  I also see most trying their damndest to get us over these hurdles safely.  Cut them (especially the team), get behind them and keep driving them on.  They want to succeed, we want them to succeed....keep pushing them on and second is a given...and, who knows what can happen under pressure.

The whole club requires investment with king we will be struggling with all of this and it's why I didn't want him involved.

We need someone whom is willing to pump money into the club with acceptance they will not recoup. This initial investment is required to get us back on top and doing well in Europe.

Without this we will be second for many years to come.

5 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Expectation management i.e built on looking too far into the past.

We've had the club totally dismantled and almost destroyed in front of our eyes over the last few years.  Only in the last 18 months has there been people in the club with a genuine desire to shake of the shackles and allow us to reconstruct the club from the bottom, brick by brick by brick.  There's still a way to go to rid of us of a few shackles but the intent is there....along with the intent to ensure we don't go back there.  Bizarrely, a lot of people seem to think it's past us now and we should be in a position where we can reach for the top almost immediately.  Until we're stable, in control of funding streams and markets and lenders have confidence in the "company" then we do have to be very careful financially.

So, yes, there's a lot that needs improving, and a lot of these are as mentioned in the "poll", but expectation needs to be tempered and not measured against the success of, for instance, the 90's.  That was entirely a different era when money wasn't an option.  I see progress all over the club, and I see a few hurdles in the way.  I also see most trying their damndest to get us over these hurdles safely.  Cut them (especially the team), get behind them and keep driving them on.  They want to succeed, we want them to succeed....keep pushing them on and second is a given...and, who knows what can happen under pressure.

The scum are under no pressure from us and they know it.

With lack of investment by DCK it pretty much guarantees them a 25 mil plus CL windfall for the foreseeable and that gap will not be closed by scouting in the lower reaches and a youth system.

DCK is NOT the man.