What is our clubs biggest problem(s)

RangersMedia

What is our clubs biggest problem(s)  

305 members have voted

1. 1. (Select 2 Options) What do you think is currently think are the biggest issues currently facing Rangers?

• Lack of financial backing on signings
    • Poor tactics/management on a matchday
    • Poor coaching and/or lack of club philosophy
    • Poor signings/scouting
    • Unrealistic expectation/demands
    • Lack of stability/financial security
    • Poor youth system
    • Weak board room
    • Media
    • Other (please state)
  2. 2. Has Warburton been backed enough

• Yes - winning league is realistic
    • Definitely enough to finish 2nd
    • Maybe enough to finish 2nd
    • No

Craig Houston... 

we have made poor signings imo and as Kai has says we have bought players who really are not to standard that we all grow up with. But then maybe we do expect to much? But then if sell all our season books followed all over then fans should be rewarded for that with better players but i don't trust manager with anymore money and the board will only listen to club 1872 they don't speak for me and never will. The list could go on about problems we have and so could the blame 

56 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

The whole club requires investment with king we will be struggling with all of this and it's why I didn't want him involved.

We need someone whom is willing to pump money into the club with acceptance they will not recoup. This initial investment is required to get us back on top and doing well in Europe.

Without this we will be second for many years to come.

You and others keep saying this and want King out because he won't throw billions in.  You want him out and someone in who'll do that, but, fuck me, where is this person?????   Trust me, I'm no "kingaling" and I'd love that, but in the absence of anything else the current lot are doing what should have been done when we went to Div 3.  

Cue "aye, but where were they when we went to Div 3...." :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Sorry but that's bullshit, the main elements are there except from willingness or ability to finance.

We have one of the best stadiums in Europe,  worldwide fan base, most successful club in the world and a recognisable brand.

Its embarrassing you're hugely overstating kings influence on the club. Not many people have the assets we have to run a business. If an owners intentions were 100% for the club it should be easy to repeat if not better what king has done.

King starting from scratch and building us up brick by brick?

Embarrassing.

That shows an alarming lack of awareness.  There are few investors prepared to just throw money away....whether that's Abramovich, Desmond or King.  They're nearly all looking for some kind of return.  We can argue till the cows come home on levels and "promises", but that's another discussion being discussed to death in the boardroom.  An oft overlooked quote has been the desire to ensure we're self-sustaining....which, given where we've been (and are), takes building.  That's where the loans to equity come in; to help get us there.  We're behind the curve because of Whyte/Green/Ashley et al., but at least there's a line in the sand now...  The last thing I'd wan't is a sugar daddy throwing money at us then getting bored, pulling out and taking his money with him.  We're screwed.  Again.

And for info, we don't have one of the best stadiums in Europe.  We have the best in Scotland.  Having been around several on the continent and in England, I sadly have to report otherwise. When you compare Ibrox to others (facilities, access, condition etc.), and throw in the nightmare it is to get to and from the ground, then we're miles behind many.  Although, once inside, the atmosphere is up there with the best.

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Sorry but that's bullshit, the main elements are there except from willingness or ability to finance.

We have one of the best stadiums in Europe,  worldwide fan base, most successful club in the world and a recognisable brand.

Its embarrassing you're hugely overstating kings influence on the club. Not many people have the assets we have to run a business. If an owners intentions were 100% for the club it should be easy to repeat if not better what king has done.

King starting from scratch and building us up brick by brick?

Embarrassing.

Bang on with that.

9 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Here's an idea - last year we got used to pumping the diddy teams when we went there & only really stepped up for Hibs and Falkirk games. But we still won the league. When I watch us v Partick etc, part of me thinks that our squad turns up at the likes of Partick and Hamilton and can't be much arsed, thinking it's an easy win, we're Rangers, etc. They need to change this attitude.

I predict you'll see a lot more effort out of the side in the next ten days - Hertz, Aberdeen, Hertz. But that's the wrong approach, as we all know: we need to pump the diddy teams so we have a decent goal difference, etc.

Oh, and while I'm here - Waghorn is definitely off in January, just from looking at his expression on the bench yesterday.

I think the team and the fan base underestimated the step up from championship to premier league. We are struggling to go on decent winning runs and establish a gap between 2nd and the rest of the pack and I think it's due to poor performance/confidence and assuming we are better than the rest.

Celtic are miles ahead in squad depth, finances and quality and it's going to be a difficult few years watching them dominate the game. I think the board will eventually invest to stop 10 in a row a bit like they did when we were going for it. I suppose until then the plan is for gradual improvement season by season and the board should be sourcing investment from somewhere. A bit of a bleak outlook I know but a realistic one IMO

Lack of honesty at board and management level. 

Lack of a secure financial footing relying on loans and digging ourselves deeper in debt.

No real leaders in the boardroom or on the field.

Taking no responsibility at board or management level.

our biggest problem is the manager that's in place at that dump.. The day he was appointed was the day the gap extended even further.. I believe if the clown was still manager we'd of been right in with a shout of the title...

The effect we had in the semi last year has forced them to act and our board and management must take massive credit for that for turning us into a threat had the status quo remained.

However its now our boards job to better what's going on across the city either by backing the manager or replacing him.

6 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

That shows an alarming lack of awareness.  There are few investors prepared to just throw money away....whether that's Abramovich, Desmond or King.  They're nearly all looking for some kind of return.  We can argue till the cows come home on levels and "promises", but that's another discussion being discussed to death in the boardroom.  An oft overlooked quote has been the desire to ensure we're self-sustaining....which, given where we've been (and are), takes building.  That's where the loans to equity come in; to help get us there.  We're behind the curve because of Whyte/Green/Ashley et al., but at least there's a line in the sand now...  The last thing I'd wan't is a sugar daddy throwing money at us then getting bored, pulling out and taking his money with him.  We're screwed.  Again.

And for info, we don't have one of the best stadiums in Europe.  We have the best in Scotland.  Having been around several on the continent and in England, I sadly have to report otherwise. When you compare Ibrox to others (facilities, access, condition etc.), and throw in the nightmare it is to get to and from the ground, then we're miles behind many.  Although, once inside, the atmosphere is up there with the best.

I think the lack of awareness is on your part as I at no point said king should be kicked out. Im not kings biggest fan and wish a rangers fan with money and great business sense was in place or that we had some kind of sugar daddy, we don't though.

All I'm saying is exercise caution with king, he certainly is not our savior or the business genius or sugar daddy that will take us to where we want to be.

I was replying to a ridiculous comment that king built us up brick by brick. That is it.

The fans saved the club.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Last two games it's his subs that's saved us. 

The exception that proves the rule. and putting on on a sub isn't isn't a tactical change its putting on a sub.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I just don't understand this we don't have a manager that knows how to change things.

Warburton shouldn't need need to change formation or tactics. He should be allowed to go and get the players he needs to make his style work.

He doesn't have a plan b though for the times when his style doesn't work. Signing players won't change that.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He doesn't have a plan b though for the times when his style doesn't work. Signing players won't change that.

The biggest clubs at the highest levels don't change formations. Better players will make our system work better obviously

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The biggest clubs at the highest levels don't change formations. Better players will make our system work better obviously

It will make it work better but it still won't work in every game and he doesn't know how to change the system when that happens.  That's a problem.