What is our clubs biggest problem(s)

RangersMedia

What is our clubs biggest problem(s)  

305 members have voted

1. 1. (Select 2 Options) What do you think is currently think are the biggest issues currently facing Rangers?

• Lack of financial backing on signings
    • Poor tactics/management on a matchday
    • Poor coaching and/or lack of club philosophy
    • Poor signings/scouting
    • Unrealistic expectation/demands
    • Lack of stability/financial security
    • Poor youth system
    • Weak board room
    • Media
    • Other (please state)
  2. 2. Has Warburton been backed enough

• Yes - winning league is realistic
    • Definitely enough to finish 2nd
    • Maybe enough to finish 2nd
    • No

Are our players good enough to comfortable secure second place? Yes. Do the tactics and formations we set our with help to achieve this? No. I'd say it's the managers tactics that are our biggest problems followed by a lack of funding, as one or two good players signed with the correct formation would be enough to challenge.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

The biggest clubs at the highest levels don't change formations. Better players will make our system work better obviously

Agree with this. Warburton is trying to change the culture to have all the club's teams playing the same way and same formation. That is correct and admirable IMO but we are let down by limited ability of our 1st team players. If Barton had worked out and the majority of our summer signings had managed to avoid getting injured we might be talking about things differently. 

I think one reason he won't change is 1) it is his favoured style and 2) he would need to change things throughout the whole club. I think there has to be more flexibility shown with the first team though, especially when injuries and poor form mean that the preferred line up is not the most suitable for our players. 

10 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Agree with this. Warburton is trying to change the culture to have all the club's teams playing the same way and same formation. That is correct and admirable IMO but we are let down by limited ability of our 1st team players. If Barton had worked out and the majority of our summer signings had managed to avoid getting injured we might be talking about things differently. 

I think one reason he won't change is 1) it is his favoured style and 2) he would need to change things throughout the whole club. I think there has to be more flexibility shown with the first team though, especially when injuries and poor form mean that the preferred line up is not the most suitable for our players. 

The thing is, Ronnie bhoy had similar ideas with better players than ours and he got sacked. BR comes along and turns them into superstars, relatively speaking of course. They won the cup with pretty much the same players and won it at a canter. Just shows you what a difference a decent manager can make to get the best out of a player and that is was Warburton is not doing. He is still trying to shoe horn players into a system they are clearly uncomfortable with and that is why he still doesn't know what his best team is IMHO..

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The biggest clubs at the highest levels don't change formations. Better players will make our system work better obviously

Sshhh!! It's common knowledge on here that every manager except warburton will use at least 2 different formations in a game depending on the score line.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The thing is, Ronnie bhoy had similar ideas with better players than ours and he got sacked. BR comes along and turns them into superstars, relatively speaking of course. They won the cup with pretty much the same players and won it at a canter. Just shows you what a difference a decent manager can make to get the best out of a player and that is was Warburton is not doing. He is still trying to shoe horn players into a system they are clearly uncomfortable with and that is why he still doesn't know what his best team is IMHO..

I think your underestimating the impact of Sinclair and Dembele. Stick them and either of their centre backs in our side and we're a totally different proposition. All had a bit of cash splashed on them. 

In all honesty, a lot of our players just aren't good enough. We've a decent return given the little investement, but we're bringing in lower league English players and ex SPL - which is fine, but needs to be supplemented with real quality. 

I'd argue that 4-3-3 serves us reasonably well. We create a good handful of chances most games, and Celtic aside we've not been outplayed or created less chances than our opponents yet this season.

Our biggest problem is Warburton. king has let him bring in a load of players but most of them are nowhere to be seen. the biggest signings are gone, injured, or under peforming. 

I believe the guys we have are more than capable of winning the premiership but simply just not being managed properly. 

How long do we give warburton and if he goes who do we replace him with?

50 minutes ago, one55 said:

Our biggest problem is Warburton. king has let him bring in a load of players but most of them are nowhere to be seen. the biggest signings are gone, injured, or under peforming. 

I believe the guys we have are more than capable of winning the premiership but simply just not being managed properly. 

How long do we give warburton and if he goes who do we replace him with?

I can't buy that this team would win the league if not for Warburton.

Who from the current team would get into (for example) Walter Smith's team in his last year? 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I can't buy that this team would win the league if not for Warburton.

Who from the current team would get into (for example) Walter Smith's team in his last year? 

Ageee with this completely.

Our current squad has a lot of decent players in it but there's absolutely no players with real match winning quality.

People who think this crop of players could win the league with a different manager are kidding themselves on.

Combination of lack in proper investment and a poor use of what investment we've had.

Hindsights brilliant, but surely the wages given to barton and Kranjcar should have been used for the young hungry players Warburton spoke of during his first season, its not as if the risks of signing both weren't clear, really disappointing and concerning that the vaunted Frank McParland couldn't come up with better options tbh

1 hour ago, one55 said:

In no department do we have anywhere near the quality to win the league, no matter who the manager is, not really surprising given the tarriers have invested a lot on bringing in the tranny rattler, have a settled team that they have spent a lot of money on, not even convinced we have enough quality to finish second, the next 3 games should tell us alot and will be a big enough test for us, let alone the tarriers on hogmanay. That's just realism not defeatism.

Lack of income is a major issue. Poor levels of income from retail and sponsorship, as well as no European football are massive hindrances.

Hopefully next years we will play in Europe and if we could get into the Europa League that will improve finance. 

With our tight budget, it important to spend wisely. MW managed to do this in the Championship but this year has been disappointing.

Why did we bring  in 4 players over 30. Adding value?

But Rossiter, Dadoo, Crooks and Windass could prove to be good investments.

Without trying to sound biased , I think our biggest problems don't lie just with the players. I would suggest that our players are not being afforded anywhere close to the same level of protection that other clubs are.  how many times can a blatent assault on our players be passed off as a 'professional foul'?  ie elbow to hills face, haliday being almost garroted with his own top because the opposition player, who he's beaten for pace, has hauled him back .

There are countless examples , now these don't excuse the lack of performance by the players but I would argue that this is also a contributing factor.