Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

3 hours ago, Brackley said:

Looks familiar.

Is that not the whole big 6 protesters outside the chapel

Complaining about the Orange parade passing.

I therefore reckon it's a Photoshop.

Yes, they videod us the other week going by the chapel. 

No service nothing, thing wasn't open, but they were standing their all offended at us walking by to a one tap on the drum. 

Fucking arseholes, away and do something better with you're Saturdays, like mmmmmm I don't know, look into youre priests and faith that you love so much. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, markem said:

Very, very little. I’m not going to say none however those who have shown a glimmer of honesty or open mindedness have been vehemently attacked from what I’ve seen. I seen one guy in twitter who stated he played for CBC back then and there was in no way any truth to the separate entity theory, he was rounded on very quickly. 

They imo consider themselves above reproach, there’s a generation of them you can’t blame for feeling that way as they’ve been held to account for nothing for years. The need brought down several pegs as they’ve genuinely become a law unto themselves. 

imagine the scenario 3years ago the outrage from the taigs if it had been suggested that the boys club was a seperate entity .

and your 100pc correct they need brought down a peg or 10 .they really are a law unto themselves .

even the latest shite with the police leak about the lap of honour. it was 100pc to goad .yet for some reason they now preach they do it at every home game to thank their fans .bullshit it's happened a few times recently  but yet they try and brainwash us in a condescending way .

This condescending attitude started with Dr death a few years ago when the traditional minutes silence for armistice Sunday was replaced with applause .i remember his smug snide condescending tone .explaining .

applause .that's what we do here at celtic park to respect things .

bullshit 

there have been a few prominent taigs who have passed away since that statement and not one marked with a minutes applause. 

the sooner they are shown up to the world for what they are the better for me .they are a stain on humanity for so many reasons and i would far rather they were exposed for this in another way than what's detailed in this thread .

But as many bears think I don't think even this embarrassment to our sport and country will even affect them .well not even close to what it should 

interesting reading  from FF (

Extract from:
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/...abuse-in-scottish-football_interim-report.pdf

---------------
1.7 The Review commenced fieldwork in June 2017 and completed its Final Report on 16 April 2018.

1.9 Throughout its deliberations the Review has held the narratives of those directly and personally affected by this issue as central. Indeed, the Final Report hinges on a full consideration and appreciation of the experiences of those most personally affected. To this end the Final Report therefore contains a number of narratives concerning those who have come forward and what they have told us happened to them when they were young. Similarly, the Final Report provides contextual information concerning those who are alleged to have harmed young people in Scottish football. Even though great care was taken to anonymise this information (except in those cases where individuals gave full consent to being identified) it was clear that this still did not fully guarantee the anonymity of some or all of the individuals we referred to particularly those against whom allegations have been made. As such the Review took the view, on receipt of legal advice and in full consultation with those who had come forward, to withhold public release of the Final Report pending the conclusion of any criminal proceedings.

1.10 Consequently, the Review cannot, for the purposes of this Interim Report, answer the specific questions set by the Terms of Reference "Who in Scottish Football knew of these alleged instances of sexual abuse at the time or subsequently?; what did they know? and what was done?". Our findings in relation to these questions are now reserved for the Final Report. Essentially these questions and our conclusions concern issues of direct accountability and responsibility which we still strongly believe must still be aired to ensure lessons are learned and the serious concerns of those affected and those of the wider public are addressed.

------------------------------------------------------------

will be interesting to see if they are true to their word

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Players Affected by Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football 2.1

The majority of alleged incidents of sexual abuse reported directly to the Review relate to events which took place from the 1970’s, 1980’s and 1990’s. However, the Review was also made aware of other alleged incidents of sexual abuse in Scottish Football in more recent years.

2.7 The accounts provided to the Independent Review concern events that allegedly occurred across a range of settings in football including youth teams, boys teams linked to professional clubs, senior professional clubs and junior clubs. Those individuals who are alleged to have abused young people include those in the role of coach, physiotherapist, scout, referee and club secretary. Some of these individuals appear to have had multiple roles which allowed greater potential opportunity to access young people within football at the time. All of the alleged abusers referred to in the accounts received by the Review were men and all were significantly older than the young people at the time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so the powers that be at the SFA have known about these crime too...........................and for some time it would seem, all this time sitting on their hands

-----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4028/independent-review-of-sexual-abuse-in-scottish-football_interim-report.pdf

------------
Football Clubs 

3.55 In 2013 there appears to have been a clear shift in momentum in relation to child protection/safeguarding within Scottish football clubs.

3.56 celtic FC were, in 2013, the first club in Scotland to create a salaried dedicated post of Safeguarding Officer with wider duties and responsibilities and subsequently recruited to this (part time) post. This came about following an in-depth review which produced a code of ethics and good practice and vetting procedures for staff and volunteers. This review recommended that a post of Child Protection Officer (Safeguarding Officer) be created to continue this process at celtic FC.

3.57 The Independent Review has been impressed by the commitment and leadership shown by celtic FC to progressing improvements in the protection of young people and the reduction of risk at the club especially over the last six years and we are aware that more recently steps have been taken to continue this process of improvement and delivery.

3.58 We are also aware that both Aberdeen FC (by 2015) and Ross County FC (in 2017) followed suit by also creating paid dedicated (part time posts) of Safeguarding Officers and see this as an exemplar for good practice at senior professional clubs (especially for those with academy structures in place).

3.60 However, this has not to date been replicated elsewhere although the Review have only very recently been made aware that Rangers FC have created a salaried dedicated post of Safeguarding Officer. Currently most senior professional clubs still allocate safeguarding responsibilities as an ‘add on’ to other posts at the club …. such as Human Resources or the Safety Officer. The Independent Review finds that this is inadequate to meet the expanding responsibilities of the role and the imperative to imbed safeguarding arrangements and practices across and throughout clubs. This is particularly so in the context of a new regime for football academies and the increasingly important developments of community outreach and involvement initiatives at senior clubs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.56 Looks like damage limitation from the SFA to protect the scum possibly.

So Liewell has known this was coming for some time

didn't read it all but, they made  95 recommendations to implement,

nowhere does it mention punishment, so expect none.

36 minutes ago, Malkster said:

interesting reading  from FF (

Extract from:
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/...abuse-in-scottish-football_interim-report.pdf

---------------
1.7 The Review commenced fieldwork in June 2017 and completed its Final Report on 16 April 2018.

1.9 Throughout its deliberations the Review has held the narratives of those directly and personally affected by this issue as central. Indeed, the Final Report hinges on a full consideration and appreciation of the experiences of those most personally affected. To this end the Final Report therefore contains a number of narratives concerning those who have come forward and what they have told us happened to them when they were young. Similarly, the Final Report provides contextual information concerning those who are alleged to have harmed young people in Scottish football. Even though great care was taken to anonymise this information (except in those cases where individuals gave full consent to being identified) it was clear that this still did not fully guarantee the anonymity of some or all of the individuals we referred to particularly those against whom allegations have been made. As such the Review took the view, on receipt of legal advice and in full consultation with those who had come forward, to withhold public release of the Final Report pending the conclusion of any criminal proceedings.

1.10 Consequently, the Review cannot, for the purposes of this Interim Report, answer the specific questions set by the Terms of Reference "Who in Scottish Football knew of these alleged instances of sexual abuse at the time or subsequently?; what did they know? and what was done?". Our findings in relation to these questions are now reserved for the Final Report. Essentially these questions and our conclusions concern issues of direct accountability and responsibility which we still strongly believe must still be aired to ensure lessons are learned and the serious concerns of those affected and those of the wider public are addressed.

------------------------------------------------------------

will be interesting to see if they are true to their word

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Players Affected by Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football 2.1

The majority of alleged incidents of sexual abuse reported directly to the Review relate to events which took place from the 1970’s, 1980’s and 1990’s. However, the Review was also made aware of other alleged incidents of sexual abuse in Scottish Football in more recent years.

2.7 The accounts provided to the Independent Review concern events that allegedly occurred across a range of settings in football including youth teams, boys teams linked to professional clubs, senior professional clubs and junior clubs. Those individuals who are alleged to have abused young people include those in the role of coach, physiotherapist, scout, referee and club secretary. Some of these individuals appear to have had multiple roles which allowed greater potential opportunity to access young people within football at the time. All of the alleged abusers referred to in the accounts received by the Review were men and all were significantly older than the young people at the time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so the powers that be at the SFA have known about these crime too...........................and for some time it would seem, all this time sitting on their hands

-----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4028/independent-review-of-sexual-abuse-in-scottish-football_interim-report.pdf

------------
Football Clubs 

3.55 In 2013 there appears to have been a clear shift in momentum in relation to child protection/safeguarding within Scottish football clubs.

3.56 celtic FC were, in 2013, the first club in Scotland to create a salaried dedicated post of Safeguarding Officer with wider duties and responsibilities and subsequently recruited to this (part time) post. This came about following an in-depth review which produced a code of ethics and good practice and vetting procedures for staff and volunteers. This review recommended that a post of Child Protection Officer (Safeguarding Officer) be created to continue this process at celtic FC.

3.57 The Independent Review has been impressed by the commitment and leadership shown by celtic FC to progressing improvements in the protection of young people and the reduction of risk at the club especially over the last six years and we are aware that more recently steps have been taken to continue this process of improvement and delivery.

3.58 We are also aware that both Aberdeen FC (by 2015) and Ross County FC (in 2017) followed suit by also creating paid dedicated (part time posts) of Safeguarding Officers and see this as an exemplar for good practice at senior professional clubs (especially for those with academy structures in place).

3.60 However, this has not to date been replicated elsewhere although the Review have only very recently been made aware that Rangers FC have created a salaried dedicated post of Safeguarding Officer. Currently most senior professional clubs still allocate safeguarding responsibilities as an ‘add on’ to other posts at the club …. such as Human Resources or the Safety Officer. The Independent Review finds that this is inadequate to meet the expanding responsibilities of the role and the imperative to imbed safeguarding arrangements and practices across and throughout clubs. This is particularly so in the context of a new regime for football academies and the increasingly important developments of community outreach and involvement initiatives at senior clubs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.56 Looks like damage limitation from the SFA to protect the scum possibly.

So Liewell has known this was coming for some time

didn't read it all but, they made  95 recommendations to implement,

nowhere does it mention punishment, so expect none.

I am not good at reading legal jargon but it does not surprise me that the SFA will be doing nothing, celtic and their kind have been running the the SFA now for a number of years and will have made sure nothing will happen to them from the football authorities IMO.

Obviously I hope I am wrong but I doubt it. :angry: 

31 minutes ago, Malkster said:

47 YEARS TOO LATE.
That is a shocking get out clause.
BUT!!!!….it's not as bad as using a legal tax loophole.
Is it any wonder that for the past 6 years,even right up to the last agm that they reared the resolution 12 shite,that they have tried to put us out the game.
It all becomes clear that it was to shut us up.
I have known for years that he who shouts loudest, has the most to hide. 
It is also true that we lie the loudest when we lie to ourselves.
Every beggar tramp in existence should hang their heads in shame. 

48 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

47 YEARS TOO LATE.
That is a shocking get out clause.
BUT!!!!….it's not as bad as using a legal tax loophole.
Is it any wonder that for the past 6 years,even right up to the last agm that they reared the resolution 12 shite,that they have tried to put us out the game.
It all becomes clear that it was to shut us up.
I have known for years that he who shouts loudest, has the most to hide. 
It is also true that we lie the loudest when we lie to ourselves.
Every beggar tramp in existence should hang their heads in shame. 

That’s not a get out it’s an implementation of good practice.

Just because they have done so doesn’t excuse the past.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That’s not a get out it’s an implementation of good practice.

Just because they have done so doesn’t excuse the past.

Yes while agreeing with Scotty, I hope that the past can be dealt with but it concerns me the number of taigs on the SFA. 

32 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The rule for punishing clubs was removed 2years ago .funny that 

I wonder what the appetite from other clubs is to see them take an appropriate punishment on a scale with our own punishment. No comparison in the offence of using an ‘at the time’ legal tax loop but there can be no defence in calling for a similar punishment given the gravity of their actions (or inactions as the case may be). On a practical basis this would open the door for one of the other clubs to gain a European spot, potentially collect more prize money for league position and have an improved chance at a crack at silverwear. They would on the other hand loose gate money however this didn’t stop them turning on us...

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

The rule for punishing clubs was removed 2years ago .funny that 

Oops, I did say I was not good at reading legal jargon.

This does not surprise me because of who is all powerful in the SFA, but it does anger my greatly. This will be why the SNP would not include football in the main child abuse inquiry, horrible people with no consideration for those who have head their life ruined by these bastards who are all connected to celtic. 

34 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Oops, I did say I was not good at reading legal jargon.

This does not surprise me because of who is all powerful in the SFA, but it does anger my greatly. This will be why the SNP would not include football in the main child abuse inquiry, horrible people with no consideration for those who have head their life ruined by these bastards who are all connected to celtic. 

The SNP didn't include football in their inquiry because the SFA convinced them they were carrying out their own all encompassing review.

The SFA are heavily influenced by a certain club who had a vested interest in keeping the football review in a place they could keep a close eye and a heavy influence as to the scope, investigation and recommendations....including preemptive rule changes to bring the SFA rules "up to date".

The SNP bought into allowing football to carry out their own inquiry because they were assured it would take every lesson from history and apply it to making sure such things could never happen again.  Who gave them those assurances?  Why the nationalist backing SFA of course....

They're only looking after their own.

48 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

The SNP didn't include football in their inquiry because the SFA convinced them they were carrying out their own all encompassing review.

The SFA are heavily influenced by a certain club who had a vested interest in keeping the football review in a place they could keep a close eye and a heavy influence as to the scope, investigation and recommendations....including preemptive rule changes to bring the SFA rules "up to date".

The SNP bought into allowing football to carry out their own inquiry because they were assured it would take every lesson from history and apply it to making sure such things could never happen again.  Who gave them those assurances?  Why the nationalist backing SFA of course....

They're only looking after their own.

Yes the SNP did not want to upset their supporters, child abuse comes a far away second if it harms their goal of independence.

This country is becoming a hellish place and the problems lie mainly with the SNP/ Yes movement and celtic followers as far as I am concerned.      

24 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes the SNP did not want to upset their supporters, child abuse comes a far away second if it harms their goal of independence.

This country is becoming a hellish place and the problems lie mainly with the SNP/ Yes movement and celtic followers as far as I am concerned.      

Whilst turning their backs on the victims....shameful. 

I watched about Rotherham on this morning and pierce Morgan going crazy maybe he is one who would pick this up as he refused to read council reply and said sue me all you want it’s a disgrace.

well pierce there is a closet up here probably on a scale of a ring maybe someone could tweet him 👍

nobody in Scotland wants to creak that door open it’s a scandal pure and simple!!!

9 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Unless there are legal reasons due to ongoing and forthcoming cases,  the silence from politicians from all parties and a complicit media is a scandal

Surely they have to tell people that they cannot comment based on ongoing proceedings. Silence is more complicit than anything else. 

https://planetradio.co.uk/clyde/local/news/embarrassment-when-teacher-stripped-down/

“He also faces a charge of taking or permitting to be taken, indecent images of children on various occasions between January 1987 and December 1988 at Barrowfield football park at the city’s London road.”

41 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

https://planetradio.co.uk/clyde/local/news/embarrassment-when-teacher-stripped-down/

“He also faces a charge of taking or permitting to be taken, indecent images of children on various occasions between January 1987 and December 1988 at Barrowfield football park at the city’s London road.”

One other piss taking thing of this... regard the "employer" is if it was joe public in a known company then papers would be all over it with...

"Joe Public was caught abusing boys and taking indecent pictures. Joe of 1 Smith Street, Anytown was a former security guard at the largest distribution warehouse for Tesco where some incidents are said to have taken place".

Archived