Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

Just now, K.A.I said:

I really hope you are right and I am wrong but I just can't see anything happening to them. 

Police Scotland and the SFA could really go up in my estimation if they grew some balls.

They knew a crime was being committed. They failed to notify the authorities of that crime. They are complicit.

And once the proposal to end the  3 year time bar on civil actions for abuse cases ends, they will be getting sued from all over the place. I honestly believe this is just the start for them.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Let's be honest, there's 42 clubs in Scotland so it could be anyone, Celtic name is obvious because of there past but we can't jump to conclusions, it would make sense due to the catholic connection (and before anyone says - that's bigoted, please see catholic child abuse cover up, this actually spreads to worldwide countries and thousands of priests) so I don't think we should jump to any conclusion just yet 

They should be, however, taken to task for the evidence PROVIDED IN COURT about their cover up from 30 years ago

Might even relate to English clubs. Nothing to say it relates to Scottish clubs.

Good news regardless. Anyone guilty of this deserves to be nailed to the wall.

Just now, Inigo said:

Might even relate to English clubs. Nothing to say it relates to Scottish clubs.

Good news regardless. Anyone guilty of this deserves to be nailed to the wall.

The more players come forward the better, I've two boys in football the now, and I've had some chats with them.

Would fucking break my heart if anything happened to them, and I'd kill the cunts who did it, regardless of team

20 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What actually happens to a club if they're found to have covered up this kind of thing?

Well it won't be demotion to the lowest division, it will probably be a 50K fine and a slap on the wrist and maybe 1 point deduction to save face as it was in the past after all......

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

They knew a crime was being committed. They failed to notify the authorities of that crime. They are complicit.

And once the proposal to end the  3 year time bar on civil actions for abuse cases ends, they will be getting sued from all over the place. I honestly believe this is just the start for them.

Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere, but what's the '3 year time bar'?

Is there only a certain period for which to report abuse cases in Scotland?

21 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Thats the point mate - the way the club dealt with it was wrong - and illegal. They cant say "they dealt with it internally" and thats the matter closed.

They rehired the same man later on even after they knew. They are culpable, the present owner may not be but they are quite insistent our club get punished again for something this club or board had no part of, so if the shoe fits get a kick in the baws.

I suspect that if it's 41 of the 42 clubs, there will be a total lockdown on information being "leaked", however I suspect that if we are mentioned rest assured the leaks will come thick and fast, and we be will pilloried (again) even if the club bus was just passing the scene of the crime at the time it will be our fault.

3 minutes ago, SuperTav said:

Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere, but what's the '3 year time bar'?

Is there only a certain period for which to report abuse cases in Scotland?

There is a proposal  to remove the application of the limitation period to survivors of historical child abuse - which we have in Scotland at the moment. This means that  that an individual has to begin any personal injury action within three years of the injury being sustained or within three years of the individual knowing that the injury has been sustained.

The Scottish Government proposes to remove the three year limitation period (referred to as the "time-bar") in relation to historical cases of child abuse, so that anyone whose abuse occurred between 26 September 1964 and the present day and who wishes to raise a civil action for damages for personal injury will not be time-barred from doing so.

Just now, GM63 said:

I suspect that if it's 41 of the 42 clubs, there will be a total lockdown on information being "leaked", however I suspect that if we are mentioned rest assured the leaks will come thick and fast, and we be will pilloried (again) even if the club bus was just passing the scene of the crime at the time it will be our fault.

The victims have a right to annonimity not the club or perpetrator, I just cannot see how anyone could be protected from such a crime when being in the public eye may actually help bring other victims forward, for example, the scum bag pervert from down south suddenly had a string of his former victims come forward as soon as one did, and that is only because it was in the news. I don't believe there is a way for anyone to get a court order to shut people up about this and in my opinion there fucking better not be! That's the problem in the first place, covering and sweeping!

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

There is a proposal  to remove the application of the limitation period to survivors of historical child abuse - which we have in Scotland at the moment. This means that  that an individual has to begin any personal injury action within three years of the injury being sustained or within three years of the individual knowing that the injury has been sustained.

The Scottish Government proposes to remove the three year limitation period (referred to as the "time-bar") in relation to historical cases of child abuse, so that anyone whose abuse occurred between 26 September 1964 and the present day and who wishes to raise a civil action for damages for personal injury will not be time-barred from doing so.

Mate please tell me you are joking

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Thanks, understand now.

I see what you mean about potential for damages. It could result in quite a lot of dirty washing being hung out for all to see. I only hope that applications for injunctions/press black outs from guilty parties are rejected.

Just now, cushynumber said:

Reading it - there are definitely instances where the 3 year bar makes sense - and many countries have it. But in historic cases of child abuse, it looks repellent.

As is shown it can take someone decades to come forward, it definitely needs reviewed on cases of abuse/crime against children

Archived