Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

Just now, The Dude said:

The problem with our 'sanctions' is that many of what people claim were 'sanctions' weren't. Like going to Division Three.

Removal of our SPL membership was not part of the rules when we entered admin ,So could be seen as a sanction 

Anyway that’s of thread topic 

Doesn’t matter if they were official direct sanctions or not ,They are perceived as such and these things are getting people annoyed whether the idea behind the anger is right or wrong 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Agreed, there is no need for sporting sanctions, as there was no influence on the games themselves. The supporters cannot be punished either (although I would suggest, especially the cellic case many of their supporters should have questioned their own clubs actions)

I do agree the sporting institutions themselves should be given punitive fines, especially if information was suppressed, and also if consequent administrations at the club were aware, and also that sporting institutes themselves should be responsible for financial compensation. 

As for moral view, I am sure the majority of decent folk will make the right choice of opinion.

That’s all to apologetic for me mate 

They should be absolutely hammered .The club and their supporters for a grand cover up and non acceptance of the scandal 

12 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Agreed, there is no need for sporting sanctions, as there was no influence on the games themselves. The supporters cannot be punished either (although I would suggest, especially the cellic case many of their supporters should have questioned their own clubs actions)

I do agree the sporting institutions themselves should be given punitive fines, especially if information was suppressed, and also if consequent administrations at the club were aware, and also that sporting institutes themselves should be responsible for financial compensation. 

As for moral view, I am sure the majority of decent folk will make the right choice of opinion.

It was also ruled that our use of EBT's had no influence on games, but were given the severest of sporting sanctions, including made up shite for which there were no rules..

A punitive fine for henious crimes, so where's the justice or deterent in that? 

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That’s all to apologetic for me mate 

They should be absolutely hammered .The club and their supporters for a grand cover up and non acceptance of the scandal 

Agreed, but I was sticking to the legal side (and yes, the law is an ass).

I've thought abou it again, after your post, and am thinking that if there was a proven cover up, then legal charges could be brought against individuals in the club and the club itself. Would love to nail those most culpable in the cover up. 

As for that club's support, history will shame them, and hopefully some will have a guilt, but to be honest, I think they as a club and a support have quite simply lost their moral compass and will still try and deflect the obvious.

17 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It was also ruled that our use of EBT's had no influence on games, but were given the severest of sporting sanctions, including made up shite for which there were no rules..

A punitive fine for henious crimes, so where's the justice or deterent in that? 

We weren't given sanctions simply for the use of EBTs. We were sanctioned for non-disclosure of certain elements of it (side letters)

26 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Hope you are right Jela but how many times has that been said last 10 years alone 

How many times has there been a documentary about these cunts in the last 10 years alone? I'm no in the know or anything but theres definetely momentum building. 

10 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Agreed, but I was sticking to the legal side (and yes, the law is an ass).

I've thought abou it again, after your post, and am thinking that if there was a proven cover up, then legal charges could be brought against individuals in the club and the club itself. Would love to nail those most culpable in the cover up. 

As for that club's support, history will shame them, and hopefully some will have a guilt, but to be honest, I think they as a club and a support have quite simply lost their moral compass and will still try and deflect the obvious.

A few directors from the past need court and jail time 

47 minutes ago, OhW said:

“Voice their factual opinions”

You speak so much shite. 

And you are well named, is it short for OhWhatadick ?

So you too would prefer not to voice your opinion, based on facts, then ?

Educated talk,not silence, will expose the truth.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We weren't given sanctions simply for the use of EBTs. We were sanctioned for non-disclosure of certain elements of it (side letters)

You're missing the point again. NOTHING we had done was found to give us a sporting adavantage, but we were given sporting sanctions, which were also made up at the time, so the logic of not getting sporting sanctions for institutional child rape because they gained no sporting advantage as the OP alluded to, make no sense.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Another thing you notice from that article is the difference in sentencing between Scotland and England. 
We really are the home of the Peado these days. 

:tu:

It sticks out a mile mate ...... McCafferty get's a single digit sentence for abuse that spans 24 fucking years ...... and at age 74 ..... minus the 24 ..... that leaves a minimum of at least ±30 years that he was no doubt committing the same crimes ...... but just never got caught ....... Scotland is so lenient with many ... though not all .... sentences for CSA that it makes a mockery of any attempts by decent individuals or groups to protect children from these beasts by at least increasing the length of sentence to the degree that it may deter or reduce the crimes ...... and that lies firmly at the door of our Law Lords who do nothing to change the status quo ..... this massive case concerning CFC .... that has been kept under wraps for decades .... makes you think there will never be any rightful outcome or even any justice for the victims of these animals in Scotland if the sentencing is so pitiful opposed to the heinous crimes committed.

As for CFC who harboured .....  and in Torbett's case knowingly reemployed .... so many of these beasts ...... our governing bodies the SPFL and the SFA have shown no appetite whatsoever to condemn or even comment on the blatant paedophile ring that was operating right under their roof ..... and I doubt they will ever punish them for their part in the criminal invasion of so many young boys' lives ..... that denied them the chance of a normal life which has no doubt caused them continued shame ... pain and suffering to this day.

I would love to see them get fucked up Royally for all the pain they have caused the victims and continue to deny and deflect to others in the foulest uncaring manner ..... I will not hold my breath though ..... but it won't stop me wanting them punished to the limit for their undeniable and indefensible involvement in the life altering crimes committed under their roof.

Even if the victims do get some form of financial compensation ... it will never allow them to be free of what was forced upon them ..... the Law needs to be changed to meet the depth of suffering of the innocent children affected .... but in today's Scotland the government also seems to be reluctant to voice an opinion that may result in their loss of votes ..... A once proud nation is being devoured by petty politics that are now denying the right of citizens to have in place a robust system .... and appropriate sentencing when guilt is proven .... within sport that will help to protect their children more from sexual abusers ...... by their silence they are as guilty as the abusers themselves ..... a total fucking disgrace,

🇬🇧

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

I know nothing will happen ,but so many want it to happen ,Hardly surprising the sanctions out club received were off the scale and massively disproportionate to the actual crime .

What crime? EBT's were not illegal at the time. You talking about the made up HMRC bill?

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're missing the point again. NOTHING we had done was found to give us a sporting adavantage, but we were given sporting sanctions, which were also made up at the time, so the logic of not getting sporting sanctions for institutional child rape because they gained no sporting advantage as the OP alluded to, make no sense.

You mean the ones we took to the court of session and they found were unlawful? Do you think if celtic were to be punished they'd sit back and get their belly tickled if they feel similarly? 

13 minutes ago, Malvern said:

What crime? EBT's were not illegal at the time. You talking about the made up HMRC bill?

It was perceived as a crime ,you know and I know it was a legal scheme at the time but media being media made sure that fact was never given any air time pages of newspapers it was all about attack ,eventually it was perceived as the biggest crime since Sutcliffe

34 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly couldn’t give a monkeys if any sporting sanctions came of this, but it should be opened wide for all the world to see and that includes every club. With criminal prosecution to follow for those found to have any wrong doing. 

Man City set a precedent with their compensation pot of 15m ,Now it’s went cross border pressure will be on to give a similar level of pot ,

When the Man City pot was revealed they were critics that it wasn’t enough still and that each type of crime had a set fee ,Pressure will now be on Seperate Entity to have similar levels of compensation,They have more victims and this will affect them massively ,

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You mean the ones we took to the court of session and they found were unlawful? Do you think if celtic were to be punished they'd sit back and get their belly tickled if they feel similarly? 

Like the transfer embargo, which when found to be unlawful, they just reapplied through the back door.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

This kind of scandal should not be politicised,But by ignoring it the SNP have made it a political issue ,

Wouldnt surprise me if Westminster jump on this now ,The majority down there hate the SNP and could see this as an opportunity to expose them for what they are 

Here's hoping...and if it does, watch out for the huge does of ayebuttery that flows directly back to Westminster....and probably not unwarranted either!

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

Here's hoping...and if it does, watch out for the huge does of ayebuttery that flows directly back to Westminster....and probably not unwarranted either!

Bounce straight back ,well you were also guilty of using Salmond for political gain ,First the cover up during referendum then exposing him to finish him off 

But your right coz the SNP have had a free ride so long they forget they ain’t the real boss 

Just now, The Dude said:

After it was found to be unlawful, the club done literally nothing and just accepted it.

Because we didn't have any time to fight it, as we were not getting a licence if we didn't accept if I recall correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I think celtic should get hammered over this carry on, but the most important thing is the real victims get the help they need.

From a selfish vindictive reason I would love for them to be punished with sporting sanctions, but to be honest it probably isn't the right course of action. 

The right course of action is that anyone guilty of criminality is charged and the victims are compensated to allow them to get any help they need and also a big wedge extra to make their lives more comfortable.

That is the issue at hand.

The ridiculous handling of our demotion and punishments for our way of exiting admin are a different matter. 

Archived