Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

1 hour ago, StewGer said:

An advance on the full report today included "A need for clubs to accept greater responsibility for affiliated boys clubs." *cough cough* *celtic*.

The report cannot be published in full until legal proceedings, in some cases relating to the report, have been concluded:

• Torbett
  • McCafferty
  • Cairney
  • King

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Child protection policies in Scottish football are "not fit for purpose" and must change to prevent future cases of sexual abuse, according to a report.”

Maybe if they hadn’t removed this part of their policy then it would be fit for purpose. 

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/ssfa/scottish_football.cfm?page=3812

Section 9 of this now removed link said.

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

Listening to the radio there, Gordon Smith was asked if clubs should be able to cite ‘separate entity’ excuses when their youth clubs  are accused..... he said no,  but it’s the first time I’ve heard any interviewer brave enough to ask the question! BBC btw which also surprised me.

32 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Listening to the radio there, Gordon Smith was asked if clubs should be able to cite ‘separate entity’ excuses when their youth clubs  are accused..... he said no,  but it’s the first time I’ve heard any interviewer brave enough to ask the question! BBC btw which also surprised me.

of course they shouldn't. if they are willing and insist on taking advantage of all the benefits of affiliation. they need to take responsibility for any downside too .

playing the separate entity card is disgusting ,especially in the case of child abuse .

doesn't surprise me with lieswell and co as their aim is making money .football is a secondary aim and by his own statement human beings a distant 3rd priority 

18 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

of course they shouldn't. if they are willing and insist on taking advantage of all the benefits of affiliation. they need to take responsibility for any downside too .

playing the separate entity card is disgusting ,especially in the case of child abuse .

doesn't surprise me with lieswell and co as their aim is making money .football is a secondary aim and by his own statement human beings a distant 3rd priority 

When Stein was made aware of the paedophilia at celtic Park his over riding concern was not the victims it was to protect Celtics “good” name. Nothing has changed.

59 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

When Stein was made aware of the paedophilia at celtic Park his over riding concern was not the victims it was to protect Celtics “good” name. Nothing has changed.

it's going to be difficult to sanction  the club football wise IMO. as when Torbett and the far worse Cairney were involved none of the present company were involved .

But ever connection should be made to compensate the victims to the max .Even though the club paid off some of Cairneys victims in the early 90s for his sex crimes on the USA tour .

Maybe the USA will get involved though .that's when the real shit would hit the fan 

24 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I’d like to think that the tims will be named and shamed when the report is released but I honestly think that it will be very generic.

their own guys (sfa) are doing the report .so you can bet they won't get named 

6 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

their own guys (sfa) are doing the report .so you can bet they won't get named 

If that is the case then it could be released in full now.

Given that they are waiting for the court cases to finish, I have a feeling they will want to name them.

17 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

If that is the case then it could be released in full now.

Given that they are waiting for the court cases to finish, I have a feeling they will want to name them.

my days of waiting on that shower getting exposed for anything have gone .

The EU Commision into landeals ended that. They even outed themselves ,bought land one day and mortgaged it the next day for 10 times what they paid for it .yet EU commison said no case to answer .Then audit Scotland said no case to answer .

On a side note we were accused of cheating for using EBT which everybody knew about for years .but this cunts financed and built a team on the back of ripping off the citizens of Glasgow and east dumbartonshire (lennoxtown training ground).which nobody was allowed to know about 

They have a ridiculous level of influence in every department of this country .probably none more so than the SFA .

so I really don't expect them named .that would damage their brand .

I

"Abuse victim Peter Haynes called on Maxwell to resign over his "offensive, poorly judged and insulting" comments"

Peter has a point, I thought Maxwell's answer was shocking and it came across as disrespectful to what the victims have suffered/suffer.

Also once again the BBC are a disgrace the way their reporting this, once again our club front and centre (we all know which club has ex-employees currently going through the courts), it's high time our board deal with this (not a celtic top in view wonder why that is).

I see the BBC is using our name again, but nothing to say how he was dealt with when it was discovered or that Hivs never told Rangers about him. :wanker:

An alleged victim of sexual abuse has claimed Scottish football is still not safe for children.

Jon Cleland said the Scottish FA needed to admit its failings after a review found child protection policies were "not fit for purpose".

Mr Cleland said he was raped by former Hibs and Rangers coach Gordon Neely when he was aged 11.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I see the BBC is using our name again, but nothing to say how he was dealt with when it was discovered or that Hivs never told Rangers about him. :wanker:

An alleged victim of sexual abuse has claimed Scottish football is still not safe for children.

Jon Cleland said the Scottish FA needed to admit its failings after a review found child protection policies were "not fit for purpose".

Mr Cleland said he was raped by former Hibs and Rangers coach Gordon Neely when he was aged 11.

In our defence.

The report cannot be published in full until legal proceedings, in some cases relating to the report, have been concluded:

Torbett

McCafferty

Cairney

King

And all scum employees

3 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

In our defence.

Torbett

McCafferty

Cairney

King

And all scum employees

Yes I understand about the no reporting about ongoing trials, but I think they were just delighted to mention our club by name. If someone read that without knowing how he was dealt with then they will think Rangers are just as bad as them and had the same problems (which is shite) and that I believe is the main reason for it.  

13 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The problem with Neely is it is always going to be alleged. That hibs cunts should be facing the same punishment as the other fenian cunts but because of his death Jon Cleland will not get to prove his case. 

If only the Scottish media would give the same level of reporting to the convicted peadophiles. 

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Just read that article. I wonder if it would have been more accurate to have said 'Mr Cleland said he was raped at age 11 when at Hibs by former coach Gordon Neely. Neely went on to work as a coach at Rangers as no action had been taken against him by Hibs. Rangers subsequently fired Neely and reported the concerns to police at the time'

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just read that article. I wonder if it would have been more accurate to have said 'Mr Cleland said he was raped at age 11 when at Hibs by former coach Gordon Neely. Neely went on to work as a coach at Rangers as no action had been taken against him by Hibs. Rangers subsequently fired Neely and reported the concerns to police at the time'

That was my main point S, what you have written would have explained what really happened IMO, but that does not work in the way they want it to.

18 hours ago, Sparkle said:

it would have been more accurate .

but there is almost no news story anywhere that is reported in a well balanced way .there is always a slant 

One of the reasons Trump is hated so much is the powers that be want him out and always report as much negative stuff .

The guy has just got that north Korean nutter to start taking weapons down .if any other president had done that he would be in line for the Nobel peace prize 

6 people are now taking legal action against the SFA as their lawyers say as the governing body they are responsible for children’s welfare and should ensure any individual is a fit and responsibl person. I am sure Rangers got find for not doing enough checks on White so surely the SFA will have the powers to fine and impose sanctions on clubs responsible.

1 hour ago, Prince George said:

6 people are now taking legal action against the SFA as their lawyers say as the governing body they are responsible for children’s welfare and should ensure any individual is a fit and responsibl person. I am sure Rangers got find for not doing enough checks on White so surely the SFA will have the powers to fine and impose sanctions on clubs responsible.

07D217B5-60CE-4FCA-B2FF-3198FD1BDE47.thumb.png.ee4f3cff3abfd9ed33fc11f098b08fe8.png

This might be the thread that needs pulled. Will the SFA accept responsibility or will they start asking long overdue questions and pointing the finger?

As it stands however it doesn’t look like it’s a guy who was a victim of the Parkhead ring that’s taking the action but they very well may come forward.  Good luck to all of these guys what ever the circumstance, they’ve received little justice for far to long. 

Archived