Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no doubt that in the 60s and 70s, even into the 80s and 90s individual coaches and trainers at football clubs were taking advantage of youngsters. Probably affected many. many clubs. It was a sickness that was endemic in so many places then, from basic domestic situations all the way to concerted institutional crimes by organised perpetrators on an institutional basis going all the way to schools, social organisations, and indeed the governent. 

The main thing in my point above is the word "individuals"  I'm sure many football clubs, if not most,  employed a perverted individual, probably unknowingly (though not always).

However there are only a few clubs who are suspected of systematically employing child abusers on a regular basis, with the knowledge of other employees, and there is one club in particular which appears to have had a much. much higher profile in this than others. 

Why that club has never been properly investigated (if even to find out the allegations may be untrue), must surely be beyond the understanding of anyone in the Scottish community. 

Yet sill there is no call at a national level for a full investigation in to the constant and consistent allegations made toward a certain football club in the east end of Glasgow.

This indeed is Scotland's shame. 

Gollum said tonight that, in addition to the (at least) six pursuing the SFA, at least two individual clubs were also facing claims.

He didn’t name them so I guess that one might be celtic - and that we are NOT one because he would definitely have dropped us in it if he could

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Gollum said tonight that, in addition to the (at least) six pursuing the SFA, at least two individual clubs were also facing claims.

He didn’t name them so I guess that one might be celtic - and that we are NOT one because he would definitely have dropped us in it if he could

Hibs being named in the Evening Times (Neely)... 

58 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Papers love to mention Rangers when the name Neely crops up when in fact it should be Hibs, desperate bastards trying to push a narrative that's completely false. 

thing is .if the club challenge it the reply would be .well he worked at Rangers .

a case of reporting truth .but very conviently not the whole truth .

fenian bastards the lot of them 

never mind.i still hold the thought that these are the cunts that will literally lose sleep when we get 55 

1 hour ago, superallysbears said:

Papers love to mention Rangers when the name Neely crops up when in fact it should be Hibs, desperate bastards trying to push a narrative that's completely false. 

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/missed-chance-to-stop-abuser/

There has been one article that doesn’t have a hidden agenda and tells it as it is. 

7 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/missed-chance-to-stop-abuser/

There has been one article that doesn’t have a hidden agenda and tells it as it is. 

What happened after we sacked the cunt, with the lads police officer father in full knowledge of the situation. Was he arrested, charged, tried. This info is not in the Sunday post report, at least not that I see. The report as I read it makes out we did the same as Hibs.

35 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

What happened after we sacked the cunt, with the lads police officer father in full knowledge of the situation. Was he arrested, charged, tried. This info is not in the Sunday post report, at least not that I see. The report as I read it makes out we did the same as Hibs.

“Neely was dismissed by Souness at a meeting attended by the then Ibrox manager and his assistant Walter Smith in 1990. The showdown happened after a youngster confided in his dad, a serving police officer, about an abuse incident involving Neely. His axing effectively ended his career in football.”

Also you will not find any statement from Rangers claiming he left for personal reasons. The reason he left was out in the open from the very beginning. 

Torbett, Mcafferty and co according to the scum all left for personal reasons. 

On 31/07/2018 at 12:49, magic8ball said:

thing is .if the club challenge it the reply would be .well he worked at Rangers .

a case of reporting truth .but very conviently not the whole truth .

fenian bastards the lot of them 

never mind.i still hold the thought that these are the cunts that will literally lose sleep when we get 55 

They will lose Bernadette after we get 55 as they will not be able to control themselves and beat them to death, then probably blame us to the police.

"He wore an Orange sash an aww"

• 2 weeks later...

BBC trying desperately to play down the link with the taigs stating -

Jim McCafferty, 72, was found guilty of a series of sexual offences against the same teenage boy over a three-year period between 2012 and 2015.  
He was sentenced to three years and nine months in prison. 
McCafferty's links with celtic were more than 20 years ago. He also worked at Hibernian FC.

Corrupt fenian bastards.

3 minutes ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

BBC trying desperately to play down the link with the taigs stating -

Jim McCafferty, 72, was found guilty of a series of sexual offences against the same teenage boy over a three-year period between 2012 and 2015.  
He was sentenced to three years and nine months in prison. 
McCafferty's links with celtic were more than 20 years ago. He also worked at Hibernian FC.

Corrupt fenian bastards.

They’ve put celtic in the headline tbf

Few things kicking about my group chats about the upcoming Torbett trial coming up in November:

1) Scum have injunction on any newspaper using their name 

2) They’re trying to change the boys clubs name to St Patrick’s in order to distance themselves 

3) Over 100 witnesses have been asked to testify in relation to hush payments by the club

4) Due to incidents happening in America they’re being sued through the courts in US which will cost the club millions

5) Up to £70 million has been ring fenced for payments to victims 

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Few things kicking about my group chats about the upcoming Torbett trial coming up in November:

2) They’re trying to change the boys clubs name to St Patrick’s in order to distance themselves 

3) Over 100 witnesses have been asked to testify in relation to hush payments by the club

4) Due to incidents happening in America they’re being sued through the courts in US which will cost the club millions

ooft

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

believe 1 2 and 3

the other 2 are far fetched I reckon .we would have heard about the US cases and comp payouts are remarkably low usually .

I know a girl who was raped as a 4yr old and got 5k from criminal injuries 

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

Wow fucking hell 

When do we think the beggar loving scum media will report this 

When do we think the beggar loving corrupt Sfa will act on this 

3 hours ago, ManchestGer said:

BBC Radio 6 on at work and they just came out with the news of McCafferty, straight out with 'Former celtic youth coach', couldn't believe my ears. Glad he's going down but a joke of a sentence for what he's done.

Yep, Had radio 2 on in the works van and they said exactly same thing mate, Most probably just be BBC Scotland that tweaks it, Rancid Bastards

Archived