Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

surprising since the RC church has been shunned there due to the abuse cases there in recent years .almost secular country now 

If it was not for the Eastern Europeans especially the Polish community their chapels would be empty now.The ROI is a very forward thinking inclusive country now, the Catholic church has no real influence now and has not had since the Albert Reynolds days

One thing to remember folks is not to gloat on  this news, just be glad the facts are coming out. 

Sex abuse against youngsters has been endemic in British society for a long time, from domestic abuse, through schools and right on through to various influential institutions at the top end of our society. 

If it was rumoured at our club, or indeed facts were available,  I'd have been the first to demand answers, as I am sure every one of the decent Gers fans would too. 

Therein of course lies a basic truth.  cellic employees, cellic's board and cellic's fans have denied these issues consistently for decades, and that is why I believe the club itself should be punished, as should all other institutions and individuals complicit.

Will cellic fans themselves now confront those truths ?

There should be no hiding or denying any more, any lurkers on here , be they cellic fans or journalists,  got thoughts on this ?

4 hours ago, tannerall said:

One thing to remember folks is not to gloat on  this news, just be glad the facts are coming out. 

Sex abuse against youngsters has been endemic in British society for a long time, from domestic abuse, through schools and right on through to various influential institutions at the top end of our society. 

If it was rumoured at our club, or indeed facts were available,  I'd have been the first to demand answers, as I am sure every one of the decent Gers fans would too. 

Therein of course lies a basic truth.  cellic employees, cellic's board and cellic's fans have denied these issues consistently for decades, and that is why I believe the club itself should be punished, as should all other institutions and individuals complicit.

There should be no hiding or denying any more, any lurkers on here , be they cellic fans or journalists,  got thoughts on this ?

Good point but I never tire of pointing out to bheasts that celtic’s problem was not their connection to Torbett and the others - their problem and their eternal shame lies in the fact that they put the club ahead of the victims, paid them off, convinced them to keep quiet (exactly as their clergy have demonstrated for a lifetime) and swept it under the carpet.

Any employer can unknowingly recruit a monster but, when that monster is discovered, the duty is to the victims, not the supposedly good name of the brand.

15 hours ago, tannerall said:

Institutional child abuse is what it's called.  And the institution should be held accountable....even more so because the current leaders of said institution, to this day, continue to deny the institution had anything to do with it and continue with their attempts to silence reporting and accepting responsibility.  In my eyes, this makes the current controlling minds of todays institution as culpable as those that were there at the time.

On 14/08/2018 at 22:26, Colin Traive said:

Good point but I never tire of pointing out to bheasts that celtic’s problem was not their connection to Torbett and the others - their problem and their eternal shame lies in the fact that they put the club ahead of the victims, paid them off, convinced them to keep quiet (exactly as their clergy have demonstrated for a lifetime) and swept it under the carpet.

Any employer can unknowingly recruit a monster but, when that monster is discovered, the duty is to the victims, not the supposedly good name of the brand.

It's called "Duty of care", it is actually the law.

On 14/08/2018 at 18:16, tannerall said:

your right .a lot of institutions have had this issue ,the vast majority have admitted the issue .most apologised and made attempts to make up for it .

1 institution has remained in denial and did everything to distance itself from the problem 

back in Steins time its widely known that the cover up was to protect the good name of the club .

Since fritzel and lawell have been involved they have been totally focused in using the club to make money .not for the club but for the shareholders .As the support is now seeing for itself with lack of team investment .They are avoiding the subject like a disease as they know it will hit them in the pocket .

For me that's even worse than what Stein did 40 odd years ago 

think iv misplaced my point .

while the duty of care is the law. I'm sure that the sfa removed the rule where they could sanction a club for any breaches of the law.  .

the sfa are up to their hole in it with this child abuse thing too .they have at least 1 case against them in court just now 

And did the snpira not come up with something akin to religious institutions and some others do not come under the need to investigate or something like that?

Long winded but you know what I'm getting at?

Cover up from their own parliament.

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

think iv misplaced my point .

while the duty of care is the law. I'm sure that the sfa removed the rule where they could sanction a club for any breaches of the law.  .

the sfa are up to their hole in it with this child abuse thing too .they have at least 1 case against them in court just now 

Until recently their procedure included this statement.

“http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/ssfa/scottish_football.cfm?page=3812

Section 9 of this now removed link said.

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

I suspect the corrupt bastards removed this so they can claim it’s out with their jurisdiction to do anything about it as there is now nothing within their procedures that will allow them to take legal action in a civil case.

44 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

If I'm reading this correctly, this part has been removed?

Why oh why would they remove the single most important point, unless they knew something?

They removed the link whilst changing the procedures, I suspect they have removed the whole part.

Apparently they have updated  their procedures to improve child safety but in reality they have updated their procedures to protect one possibly two bastardised football clubs.

17 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

They removed the link whilst changing the procedures, I suspect they have removed the whole part.

Apparently they have updated  their procedures to improve child safety but in reality they have updated their procedures to protect one possibly two bastardised football clubs.

independent inquiry needed to find the process.,the reason and who proposed the idea 

wonder if any inquiry will happen before or after the inquiry that was requested to for the racist abuse Shay Logan received and why Brenda thought it was ok to say he brings it on himself .

Our football authorities really are a disgusting mess 

On 14/08/2018 at 22:26, Colin Traive said:

Never mind the cover up from torbetts original crimes the filthy bastards hired him back to abuse again and still continue to cover the child abuse up.

On 16/08/2018 at 16:21, Howsitgoing said:

Until recently their procedure included this statement.

“http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/ssfa/scottish_football.cfm?page=3812

Section 9 of this now removed link said.

I suspect the corrupt bastards removed this so they can claim it’s out with their jurisdiction to do anything about it as there is now nothing within their procedures that will allow them to take legal action in a civil case.

I don’t think the text should have been removed but to think that the law doesn’t apply because a line of text is removed is just ridiculous thinking.

On 17/08/2018 at 18:59, Bad Robot said:

I don’t think the text should have been removed but to think that the law doesn’t apply because a line of text is removed is just ridiculous thinking.

It is, I was thinking more of the excuses that our corrupt football association will make in that it’s out with their power to hold any of their member clubs accountable to any civil action as there is nothing in the procedures that will allow this. 

Removing this text will make it a lot easier for them to prevail in their number one outcome, to protect that bastardised football club. The act in their own procedures is just a point of reference, it’s up to our police force to prosecute for this but they quite clearly stated that they will maybe take legal action which due to the corrupt base of our football authorities we know that this is the last thing they want to do.

Does removing this text improve the safety of children or the safety of an organisation that harbours peados? As it was removed for a reason.

”The SFA had said the review would consider whether or not and to what extent the Scottish FA was aware of the matters highlighted and now brought to its attention.It was to look into what steps were taken by the Scottish FA, its members or affiliated associations during relevant periods over the protection of children brought to its attention and to identify any failings or deficiencies.But was only due to examine areas where the SFA had jurisdiction and did not have a remit to determine the nature of any liability on the part of any individual or organisation whether that be criminal, civil or regulatory.“

They’ve removed the remit to allow for this excuse.

just  caught a snippet of the news there .

Pope Francis has come out today condemning child sex abuse and saying that there should not be any attempts to cover it up 

Wonder if they will listen to their leader now then 

not while there's money at stake 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Pope Francis has come out today condemning child sex abuse and saying that there should not be any attempts to cover it up 

He's just a figurehead. And if he keeps giving ammunition to those who want the RC church forced to be open about the extent of the child sex abuse scandals, he won't be that figurehead for much longer. Nothing he says will lead to any change in the culture. 

5 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Separate entity......! 

Archived