Was our Ally underrated?

Boab

Was the international perception that he was a Rangers legend but he couldn't cut it elsewhere?

Should he have moved on? Made us some money before the end of NIAR?

We all class him as a quality striker but do others?

World Cup 98? I still think that it was a big mistake by Craig Brown to not take him as even

from off the bench, he would have scared the opposition. He proved in Euro 96 that when he came on against Switzerland, that he wasn't just a penalty box scorer though it is no bad thing. What do you think?

Lastly, you can see that emotion in his celebrations that he knows what it means to be a Ranger. That's the most important thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaCc5xEGCAc...ted&search=

I think we, as supporters, have a tendancy to over estimate our best players but that doesn't bother me too much. He was, and always will be, a legend in my eyes. :D

The guy was and is a Rangers Legend no question. Yes he had his bad days but what player doesnt?

There wasnt the same call for him to leave these shores and prove himself elsewhere like there was for Larsson to leave septic as the Scottish game was stronger and more high profile back when Ally was playing. Whereas it was in severe decline, due in part to Sky pulling the plug, when Larsson was at his peak and the call for him to leave the "mickey mouse league" was inevitable.

IMO Ally has proved to the vast majority of RFC fans that he is worthy of legend status. He won the European Golden Boot. For a player in the SPL to do that now they would need to score 50 or 60 goals a season due to the formula used to calculate the winner.

The guy was and is a Rangers Legend no question. Yes he had his bad days but what player doesnt?

There wasnt the same call for him to leave these shores and prove himself elsewhere like there was for Larsson to leave septic as the Scottish game was stronger and more high profile back when Ally was playing. Whereas it was in severe decline, due in part to Sky pulling the plug, when Larsson was at his peak and the call for him to leave the "mickey mouse league" was inevitable.

IMO Ally has proved to the vast majority of RFC fans that he is worthy of legend status. He won the European Golden Boot. For a player in the SPL to do that now they would need to score 50 or 60 goals a season due to the formula used to calculate the winner.

Can't be bothered to write something else as this says it all

I dont think he was underrated by Rangers supporters - but he was not without criticism either.

His goal scoring record in Europe was not as prolific as it was domestically which did lead to some criticism.

McCoist I would say was rated as what he was - an effective poacher who was always in the right place at the right time.

He missed many more than he scored, and benefitted from such a superb supply from the players around him.

Crucially he never once scored in the CL group stage. Which rather harks back to the point I made about flair players in your other thread D.

Was the international perception that he was a Rangers legend but he couldn't cut it elsewhere?

Should he have moved on? Made us some money before the end of NIAR?

We all class him as a quality striker but do others?

Is this in any way inspired by JCD's press conference, where, when asked about McCoist, the Frenchman hadn't even heard of him.

World Cup 98? I still think that it was a big mistake by Craig Brown to not take him as even

from off the bench, he would have scared the opposition. He proved in Euro 96 that when he came on against Switzerland, that he wasn't just a penalty box scorer though it is no bad thing. What do you think?

He scored more than one beauty. I remember a gorgeous chip he scored in 89/90 in particular at Ibrox.

I dont think he was underrated by Rangers supporters - but he was not without criticism either.

His goal scoring record in Europe was not as prolific as it was domestically which did lead to some criticism.

McCoist I would say was rated as what he was - an effective poacher who was always in the right place at the right time.

He missed many more than he scored, and benefitted from such a superb supply from the players around him.

Crucially he never once scored in the CL group stage. Which rather harks back to the point I made about flair players in your other thread D.

To be fair to Ally the whole team during his time were gash in the CL with the exeption of 92/93.

To be fair to Ally the whole team during his time were gash in the CL with the exeption of 92/93.

Exactly my point m8.