What exactly are we "building"

K.A.I

It's a serious question.

I hear this phrase all the time about laying down foundations and building for the future. I think it's an absolute myth.

Another myth is the one about Warburton being intelligent and trying to play football the right way. Again, based on what? I don't see it. 

I held off making this thread last night because I had a drink in me and wanted to sleep on it but I don't really feel any different. 

Last night was embarrassing, 

I did something watching the game I'd never done before and at 2-0 down flipped it in my head and pretended (just pretended before anyone starts and for the sake of objectivity) I was watching the game as a neutral when Rangers were hitting set-pieces and attacking and it's honestly scary watching how poor we really are. Every ball in the box was comfortable for Hearts to deal with, no pressing, no tempo - no nothing of note. 

Before they scored their first goal they had something 3 free efforts from their set-pieces but we still never learned our lessons. 

We don't have anyone that can take a man on, play a killer pass, take a set-piece, beat a man or mark a man.

I'm actually glad the offside decision against Dodoo isn't being dwelt on. It was a great finish but if the Rangers player isn't blocking the goalkeeper he saves it, it's as simple as that. My gripe is the linesman taking about 10-15 seconds to make the decision and it appeared only after a Hearts player had a word with him. Right decision regardless.

It should have been worse, too. O'Halloran should have had a penalty given against him to make it 3-0 ... why was he playing deep in that center half position in the first place? 

That's the 3 so-called better teams in the league - been beat in them all. Please don't tell me we were the better side against Aberdeen - that doesn't matter - we played well and Aberdeen played shite but they still beat us.

That's the simple fact of the matter so again, I ask you, what exactly are we building here? 

Dave King and his lies and failed promises are getting less and less on my mind these days and the attention firmly on Warburton instead. He's an awful manager. He honestly is. 

For him to say today that apart from the 2 tap-in's the game was neutral until then ... was it fuck and even if it was (which it wasn't) so what? since when was being neutral with Hearts a plus point? is that our ambitions being neutral with Hearts? 

I will expect the incoming from the 3/4 people who will tell me I'm a glory hunter, spoiled, wrong and that Warburton and Rangers are doing "ok" - understand that no-one being critical isn't less of a supporter. They don't stop having Rangers as their team. They support the team through thick and thin like yourselves but just so happen to have a negative opinion. Deal with it. 

I don't want to be too hard on Crooks as it was his first start and only his second first team appearance (think he came on for 20 minutes at Ibrox in a cup game earlier in the season) but from what I've seen, if that boys a footballer, let alone a Rangers-class one then I'm Aiden McGeady. 

Something radical needs to happen - if that means getting rid sooner rather than later then so be it. Get an experienced and hungry manager in until the end of the season on a short-term contract with a view to permanent position with decent funds in the summer to compete. I do not think this relationship with Warburton and Rangers will work out. It's nothing to do with being inpatient or unrealistic it's just being honest. It's not working. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really argue with the OP.

I have tried to find glimmers of hope and cause for optimism but i am done now.

He has been found out and cannot change due to his own lack of insight to the game.

A word he uses a lot is 'bemused' well i'm pretty fuckin bemused by his leadership.

We're improving scouting network. I like the fact that youths are manning up in first teams elsewhere. The idea of structuring youth teams so that players can step up seamlessly is in theory good. I'm also pleased to see younger boys in older squads if their physicality and ability allows. So some of the building for the future makes sense.

BUT

We can't ignore the present whilst waiting for the future aspirations to be realised.

The football philosophy MW has is great. But idealistic. It's not working due to the players we have. We're dropping points to teams we shouldn't be and our general style of play is shite.

I hope he changes the style, goes 442 and plays to the players strengths rather than wedging players into his system. If he does, and gets wins and second, he'll get breathing space to gets us progressively going in the direction he wants. We can get there in stages but we can't ever ignore the here and now.

Time is not his friend, but I don't even think he realises how precarious his position is. And is too stubborn to change.  

If he gets to the end of February without changing I'd be amazed.

TBH I expect inconsistency but this is far worse. Fair play to hearts and we've lost there before but it was like a complete role reversal.. 

They played like we used to and we just played like a Stirling Albion. It's the performance more than the score line that is bothering me.  The players just looked completely lost.

Now the big question is this,  is this terrible form down to the managers demands on the players? Or would the team still be this bad with a change of manager and inevitably formation?

A perfect platform to allow the tarriers an easy run at a treble this year and a more than realistic aim of getting another 9IAR never mind ten.

If I didn't say it no one else would,the past few years we've been ripping the pish out of them for failing to win trebles with no real competition. Then the year they're supposed to have a run for their money is probably the easiest opportunity they've ever had at getting one.

The great irony indeed and it's fucking soul destroying when that fact finally sets in.

On Saturday at a full Ibrox if we lose he is going to get pelters as even his most loyal fans are fed up and even I am struggling to give a positive.

The problem is who would want to replace him as King seems to have forgot his wallet and don't see it opening with anything to make a difference soon.

Those who say it's as bad as the 80s pre Souness are wrong

I've seen vids of shocking attendances when John Greig was manager

Rangers supporters have done everything asked of us by those who are now in charge of our club 

They need to find a way of toppling the tarriers, if they don't they need to go 

They need a bit of time, I get that,  though the signs aren't very good.  

Some mistakes in an extending list , extending/enhancing the managers contract handling of Barton, banning fans who were on the pitch when the team were under attack, praising the Rhebel 

I like Dave King, I want to trust him, he said once we were back in the SPL we need £30mil, I concur but he needs to spend or at least give us a bit of hope and reiterate his view and willingness to invest in the team

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

A perfect platform to allow the tarriers an easy run at a treble this year and a more than realistic aim of getting another 9IAR never mind ten.

If I didn't say it no one else would,the past few years we've been ripping the pish out of them for failing to win trebles with no real competition. Then the year they're supposed to have a run for their money is probably the easiest opportunity they've ever had at getting one.

The great irony indeed and it's fucking soul destroying when that fact finally sets in.

I thought we could maybe stop them if we got them at home in the SC,  after last night I'm not sure we can even match Motherwell

The lop faced ladyboy and his plastic teeth gleaming in front of the 3 trophies makes me feel sick, our current manager is not going to stop them, I doubt he feels as queasy as we do about this ghastly prospect 

I dont agree with your point re the building for the future and laying down foundations. He is trying to get the youth system right, he is trying to get the scouting right - none of that is myth and we will need that in future.

In terms of playing football the right way -  well of course we would all like to see the way we played last year mirrored in our performances in the SPFL - but thats not going to happen due to the better quality of opposition we face. The issue with MW is that despite our players not being able to play that way against these teams he wont change it and frankly his signings this season have been a disaster.

I am as unhappy as the next guy - but to try and simply shoot down everything the guy is trying to accomplish - not just on the park  - doesnt wash with me.