Highest fee we've received for a player?

Gaz52

I don't want to ruin it by Googling the answer..

Does anyone know? I think it's Hutton, didn't he go to Spurs for around £9m?

Did we sell Van Bronckhorst to Arsenal as I imagine that would have been a decent fee? Laudrup to Chelsea? Jelavic went for about £5m which was scandalous at the time, could have easily got £8m for him IMO

Was Gazza sold or did his contact run out?

1 Alan Hutton Tottenham Hotspur£9,000,000

2 Giovanni van Bronckhorst Arsenal£8,500,000

3 Jean-Alain Boumsong Newcastle United£8,000,000

4 Carlos Cuéllar Aston Villa£7,800,000

5 Barry Ferguson Blackburn Rovers£7,500,000

6 Tore André Flo Sunderland£6,750,000

7 Trevor Steven Marseille£5,585,000

8 Nikica Jelavić Everton£5,500,000

9 Duncan Ferguson Everton£4,200,000

10 Claudio Reyna Sunderland£4,000,000

1 minute ago, Basrah Bear said:

1 Alan Hutton Tottenham Hotspur£9,000,000

2 Giovanni van Bronckhorst Arsenal£8,500,000

3 Jean-Alain Boumsong Newcastle United£8,000,000

4 Carlos Cuéllar Aston Villa£7,800,000

5 Barry Ferguson Blackburn Rovers£7,500,000

6 Tore André Flo Sunderland£6,750,000

7 Trevor Steven Marseille£5,585,000

8 Nikica Jelavić Everton£5,500,000

9 Duncan Ferguson Everton£4,200,000

10 Claudio Reyna Sunderland£4,000,000

I forgot about Cuellar and the big fee for Ferguson. I thought Jelavic was £4.5m?

1 minute ago, bluepeter said:

I couldn't remember the fee for GVB, pretty sure the rest are correct. £8m for Boumsong was our best bit of business ever, closely followed by £9m for Hutton.

He was our best bit of business free transfer in the summer of 2004 and sold for 8m 5 month later to Newcastle.

Can't make my mind up whether 400k was good business for Miller from Bursaspor, he was out top goalscorer at the time and playing his best stuff for us IMO. We still won the league and league cup as well 

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Can't make my mind up whether 400k was good business for Miller from Bursaspor, he was out top goalscorer at the time and playing his best stuff for us IMO. We still won the league and league cup as well 

Considering how well he did during his second spell you have to say yes it was great business.

18 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

:lol: and he looked an absolute donkey at Newcastle. Good for us mind. 

Never seen much of him at Newcastle to be honest, but the reason we got 8m imo is because souness was manager of them at the time, he was the most calm and composed CB i've seen at Rangers since the turn of the millenium, every game was a walk in the park to him.

34 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Never seen much of him at Newcastle to be honest, but the reason we got 8m imo is because souness was manager of them at the time, he was the most calm and composed CB i've seen at Rangers since the turn of the millenium, every game was a walk in the park to him.

He took a bit of stick down there. Like you say though he looked an absolute machine for us and barely broke sweat up here. I was gutted when he left despite the price we got tbh. 

Trevor Steven was a brilliant player for us and he effectively cost us no money at all, we bought him for £1.5m then sold him to Marseille for £5.5m then bought him back for £2.2m, the balance would pay his Rangers wages for the 6-7 seasons he was here.

2 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

He took a bit of stick down there. Like you say though he looked an absolute machine for us and barely broke sweat up here. I was gutted when he left despite the price we got tbh. 

Remember it was the my Wife got racist abuse in the Main Stand that pushed through the move, where there's a will there's a way etc.