Michael Mols

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, BertContraband said:

He was incredible in 99. We were robbed of his full abilities for the next 4.5 years. 

Strange to think Mols Negri and Rosenthal were all there in 2000 but Billy Dodds and Wallace were the main men.

Rod was a great striker, and Dodds did a turn too, but if you had to pick 2 out of the 4 for a dream team, it would be Mols and Negri.

Right from that first game against FC Haka where he plucked the ball out the air instantly and tucked it away.

His turns as he took the ball into feet were unreal, beat his man so easy. 

Had the same excitement at the time about Mols as I had with Laudrup. Never the same after the injury though which is a great shame.

Unbelievable player for they first few months in a Rangers jersey.

18 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Still cannae work out how he does his turn ?

This. Tried it tonnes of times and can't manage it. Need to slow down to walking pace to get even close to it which is obviously pointless.

I've wondered does anybody know another player in the world who does that turn? Many moves have been copied from others, step overs, Cruyff turn, the rabona etc but I can't think of a time I've ever seen anyone doing Mols' turn with his back to the defender. It was so effective too.

The way he twisted and turned was just incredible. Defenders knew exactly what he would do, but just couldn't stop him at all. Gutted that was I about 4 when he first joined :( would loved to have seen him during that first season. 

The game against Bayern when he did get injured - up till that point they simply did not know what to do with him. 

His infectious smile just seemed to sum up what most fans like to see in their players - a guy who loves the game, loves the team and genuinely seems to relish the opportunity he has in life.

4 hours ago, brazz1972 said:

Right from that first game against FC Haka where he plucked the ball out the air instantly and tucked it away.

His turns as he took the ball into feet were unreal, beat his man so easy. 

Had the same excitement at the time about Mols as I had with Laudrup. Never the same after the injury though which is a great shame.

Unbelievable player for they first few months in a Rangers jersey.

This, totally. Was sensational and often unplayable until that fucker done him.

5 hours ago, King_gazza said:

His 4 goals against Andy Goram were a thing of beauty.

Always remember the interview with Advocaat after the game and he was asked his opinion on Mols performance, he said something like "he played well but he could have scored 8 goals today so there is room for improvement" ha!

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

This. Tried it tonnes of times and can't manage it. Need to slow down to walking pace to get even close to it which is obviously pointless.

I've wondered does anybody know another player in the world who does that turn? Many moves have been copied from others, step overs, Cruyff turn, the rabona etc but I can't think of a time I've ever seen anyone doing Mols' turn with his back to the defender. It was so effective too.

Not the exact same as Mols but Ronald De Boer was also great in similar situation.