Important News For Rangers Fans Parking In The Ibrox Area

There is no doubt this will be passed by the council and local residents,It is in regards to parking in not just the surrounding streets but quite a large area including Dumbreck road,Clifford street,Brand street,Govan road and numerous other streets.

You can find a map of the areas affected here. https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=36288&p=0

Apparently the proposal is to give local residents permits and visitors would have to pay a one off cost of £10.

These new proposals should they pass are due to come in  in August 2017 subject to consultation process.

So unless you are a resident,Have a visitors permit or disabled badge, Anyone parking their car in the above areas stand a good chance of their cars being lifted or ticketed..

Just to reiterate this is still at the proposal stage,But many of the local residents want it to come into affect and the council won't have any problems passing it for nothing more than the usual financial reasons of filling their pockets at the motorists cost.

This will cause absolute bedlam for parking in the areas on the map above and will be a huge inconvenience to supporters with no choice but to park miles away from the stadium with perhaps young children in tow.

Proposals here   https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=20479

And here in PDF  https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=36287&p=0

7 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

There is no doubt this will be passed by the council and local residents,It is in regards to parking in not just the surrounding streets but quite a large area including Dumbreck road,Clifford street,Brand street,Govan road and numerous other streets.

You can find a map of the areas affected here. https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=36288&p=0

Apparently the proposal is to give local residents permits and visitors would have to pay a one off cost of £10.

These new proposals should they pass are due to come in  in August 2017 subject to consultation process.

So unless you are a resident,Have a visitors permit or disabled badge, Anyone parking their car in the above areas stand a good chance of their cars being lifted or ticketed..

Just to reiterate this is still at the proposal stage,But many of the local residents want it to come into affect and the council won't have any problems passing it for nothing more than the usual financial reasons of filling their pockets at the motorists cost.

This will cause absolute bedlam for parking in the areas on the map above and will be a huge inconvenience to supporters with no choice but to park miles away from the stadium with perhaps young children in tow.

Are these plans to cover all stadia in Glasgow....or just another boot at Rangers fans? 

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin said:

Are these plans to cover all stadia in Glasgow....or just another boot at Rangers fans? 

The fuckers should be improving the roads around Ibrox and getting the police to actually do their job and keep traffic flowing. It's really just a tax for Rangers supporters

11 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Same shite at Hampden, i still have Family in Govan i'm sorted when i go to games.

1 minute ago, jim white's a bear said:

The fuckers should be improving the roads around Ibrox and getting the police to actually do their job and keep traffic flowing. It's really just a tax for Rangers supporters

Thats what i suspected

.by any means possible to raise revenue 

Have a look at the map - basically, anywhere that bears park (including me) on a match day. I live three miles from the stadium and there is no public transport from my area to the stadium. Fuck them. Every bear must protest this at the highest level. This is the sort of thing that your MSP is for. Note that it is not designed to reduce congestion, but to raise revenue.

Find out how to contact your local councillor, MP, MEP or MSP here;

https://www.writetothem.com/

Ibrox plan.pdf

Just to clarify this also is in place around the Hampden area just now and there are proposals for similar for the mankies.

Rather than the local people wanting these proposals put through,Perhaps the council should also be looking at ways to help those who will be affected by this which will be a huge number,They should be laying on extra bus services or more frequent underground trains, How also will this affect local businesses which will no doubt also suffer,Perhaps they should be looking at a priority bus lane straight to Ibrox for entering and exiting Ibrox or indeed buying up local wasteground and allowing people to park their cars.

There seems so far that there is not a lot of thought about the thousands of people who will be totally inconvenienced by these proposals and absolutely nothing put forward to deal with those who won't be able to park.

There is a meeting in Ibrox library on 19th January between 2pm-8pm and perhaps a good idea is if the supporters groups get involved in this as this will also affect supporters buses parking in the areas contained within the map above and will mean buses will have to drop off and then drive away to find somewhere else to park which could be miles away.

The supporters groups,Club1872 and the club and fans need to get involved with this as it will be supporters who will be targeted financially by the council.

I'll also keep an eye out for when the proposals get put up in the Evening times as this is when the supporters can reject these plans giving valid reasons for why they shouldn't be passed.

In all honesty if 10,000 people rejected it the council will still railroad it through.

Just now, East Enclosure Row N said:

Have a look at the map - basically, anywhere that bears park (including me) on a match day. I live three miles from the stadium and there is no public transport from my area to the stadium. Fuck them. Every bear must protest this at the highest level. This is the sort of thing that your MSP is for. Note that it is not designed to reduce congestion, but to raise revenue.

Find out how to contact your local councillor, MP, MEP or MSP here;

https://www.writetothem.com/

Ibrox plan.pdf

It is designed to reduce congestion but at the same time it gives a nice income for the council,Perhaps we should suggest to the council that if it is indeed not a money making exercise then perhaps all money they take from parking tickets and the lifting of cars should be donated to charity.  

7 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Sorry but the poster who says he lives three miles from Ibrox and takes his car must be 20 stone. Just walk fs

Even if someone lived 3miles from the stadium that person could suffer medical problems or take someone who is disabled who struggle to walk or could have a couple of young kids,The point isn't why someone can't just get up and walk 3 miles there and 3 miles back,The most important point is this will affect thousands of people whether they are 3 miles or 500 miles from the stadium.

The city economy makes a fortune from football supporters yet the council see fit to inconvenience and fine people for parking and going to matches.

Local residents aren't happy about it either as they will be charged to park in front of their own homes. GCC are a disgrace to the city.

Comes as a surprise to me, and I live in that area. I'm not aware of any major issue amongst residents where I am, in terms of football day parking. We all just work around it and mostly it doesn't affect us that much. 

Sounds like I'll have to pay for a visitors parking permit (probably more than one) if I want anyone to be able to visit!? Honest to fuck.

Sounds like a money making scheme. What's left to say about GCC?

46 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Sorry but the poster who says he lives three miles from Ibrox and takes his car must be 20 stone. Just walk fs

Thanks for that. Tomorrow's forecast is very heavy rain all day and winds of 30mph gusting 50mph. The walking in decent conditions is not a problem. The sitting in my seat piss soaked in the middle of winter is however a problem - as would be walking this distance in completely waterproof oilskins and wellies. As you are obviously the font of all knowledge, what do you suggest in this case - and of course for every single match in adverse weather from now onwards?

30 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The city economy makes a fortune from football supporters yet the council see fit to inconvenience and fine people for parking and going to matches.

Local residents aren't happy about it either as they will be charged to park in front of their own homes. GCC are a disgrace to the city.

Perfect example is the G51 group who had over 4,000 rejections to the councils proposals over parking in the area in and around the new hospital and still ignoring people.