booing

Redwhiteandblue

On 24/12/2016 at 4:32 PM, Theulstervolunteer said:

I've always felt booing was a strange one for me ....... I have never Booed my team for certain actually don't think I've booed at a match before only booed recently when the baddy came on the stage at a panto....... 

Oh no you didn't 

dont see anything wrong with it. if the players aren't performing as well as they should/could be then we should let them know it's not acceptable. maybe it'd fire them up a bit to play better. applauding them sure isn't gonna help since they won't feel any pressure. 

5 hours ago, one55 said:

dont see anything wrong with it. if the players aren't performing as well as they should/could be then we should let them know it's not acceptable. maybe it'd fire them up a bit to play better. applauding them sure isn't gonna help since they won't feel any pressure. 

Disagree entirely, you only have to look back at wee McCalls time in charge. Some of the games at Ibrox the boos were so poisnous it affected the team in a very bad way. Every lose touch and pass was met with an extreme reaction that I have never witnessed in all my years going to Rangers games.

There can be no doubt when it turns as volatile as it was during some of those games it caused the players to make very poor decisions and had a tremendously negative effect on the performance of the team. That can never ever be a good thing.........and btw I have been going to Ibrox for years but that season in particular I was rather ashamed of how our own support reacted in a number of games. You say it could spur them on, well its rather obvious it had the opposite outcome.

On 12/26/2016 at 4:58 PM, Camshy said:

Disagree entirely, you only have to look back at wee McCalls time in charge. Some of the games at Ibrox the boos were so poisnous it affected the team in a very bad way. Every lose touch and pass was met with an extreme reaction that I have never witnessed in all my years going to Rangers games.

There can be no doubt when it turns as volatile as it was during some of those games it caused the players to make very poor decisions and had a tremendously negative effect on the performance of the team. That can never ever be a good thing.........and btw I have been going to Ibrox for years but that season in particular I was rather ashamed of how our own support reacted in a number of games. You say it could spur them on, well its rather obvious it had the opposite outcome.

My exact point. 

booed plenty of times, players come and go, we're the ones who are here for the long haul, I can forgive a poor performance be it from a player or the entire team if it's an exception rather than the rule but if something plays out on the pitch and most people in the stands can telegraph it long before it happens then it's unacceptable.

like Tavernier not filling in behind his CB, we all know he won't do it yet we're continually left watching the same horror story unfold.

Booing is more than acceptable