tannerall

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

You suggesting I'm a moron?

Saporters and denile suggest you are the moron.

But aye, Merry Christmas ya filthy bheggar.

If you ken anything about Cumnock is there is not many taigs here,

But to think this team is ok and to slate anybody whom thinks we are weak is a moron,

I am not a QC I think the case against you is proven,:digging:

22 minutes ago, Finlaymcfinlay said:

If you ken anything about Cumnock is there is not many taigs here,

But to think this team is ok and to slate anybody whom thinks we are weak is a moron,

I am not a QC I think the case against you is proven,:digging:

Not many schools either judging by your posts.

Cumnock is a fine wee town I'll give you that.

2 hours ago, BluebearDory said:

I think we are average everywhere just now. Sad to say it but not one player stands out for me at the moment. On a good day we play well and pull it off but often we struggle against mediocre opposition. 

January and summer need to see some changes as we cannot let them have another easy ride next year.

I totally agree and it pains me that we have no genuine class, the work ethic we have needs to be ramped up to full bhoona for the next two games, at least give them a challenge. 

We have no one at the moment who looks capable of turning a game on their own.

Midfield is just Meh, either ok and inter playing with up front or dross. 

I thought we had edged round the corner but it's a slow slow turn we're on.

But WATP and Onwards & Upwards.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:matron:

that one at hibs on his debut !! A hard tackle ( ooh err) 

Our Bus window fell out as we were heading down Princes Street, guys running alongside trying to push it back in ???.

Squads of Japanese tourists taking innumerable pictures of this bus load signing their hearts out while trying to push the windae back in.

38 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

On topic I'd say keepers are decent and defence isn't as bad as made out.

Midfield is the problem area for me, too lightweight to protect defence and a real lack of creativity for the forwards.

Up front we need to be more ruthless and clinical.

At the start of the season it looked like we had so many midfielders we could field a whole first eleven with them. 

Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter, Windass.... we certainly haven't had our money's worth so far 

19 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

At the start of the season it looked like we had so many midfielders we could field a whole first eleven with them. 

Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter, Windass.... we certainly haven't had our money's worth so far 

Aye, it's been a disaster on the signings front this season.

I had high hopes for the guys brought in but for one reason or another it just hasn't happened.

Hopefully we can at least get Josh and Jordan fit enough to contribute in the second half of season, I can see Matt Crooks going out on loan.

Happy with Fods, Hodson, Keirnan, Hill, Wilson and Wallace, Gilks, Miller that's it.

Haven't seen enough of Dodoo as yet to write him off, MacKay when he feels like it can be good.

We need a proper striker at the moment I cannot believe the number of shots at goal, no not on goal, because the majority of our shots from supposed strikers are so far from on target its past being funny.

Our midfield has not bossed a game so far this season so I would be quite happy if we unloaded all of them in the summer.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

we have a lot of players who would be decent squad players in good Rangers squads but ultimately we still lack real quality all over the park.

Would pretty much agree with this. 

Our central defence frightened the life out of me at the start of the season but they have all (with the exception of Senderos and his embarrassing red) come good at one point or another. I feel Hill has surprisingly brought a bit of stability to the CBs, and feel like both Kiernan and Wilson have fed off his experience and both improved. 

Comfortable with Hodson at RB, and Wallace isn't too bad - bit of a bomb scare at times, decent going forward though. 

Our midfeild has been skelped something rotten. Between Barton going, Kranjcar out for the season and both Windass and Rossiter constantly having to get their tampons changed, it leaves us very little choice. Halliday has wowed us with his inconsistency, Holt maybe less so but could still do better at times. I've always rated Tav but think his new found role is causing him issues - should have had 2 or 3 (at the very least on target) against Hamilton. 

As for the forwards, still don't think we've found the right combination. Waghorn seems to have hit a height of confidence not seen since last season which is great and I hope it continues. McKays form took a big dip but definitely improved over the Aberdeen and second Hearts encounter. Miller is quite reliable and Forrester and O'Halloran don't really seem to be getting any time just now (haven't really caught up with the ins and outs of the ICT game so not sure if they were involved at all)  Garner is definitely a 50/50 amongst the fans - personally I think his grit is great, and although he hasn't got himself into a goal streak yet he has been adding value elsewhere. Really needs to be hitting the net more though, didn't pay 1.5m for theatrics and missed opportunities. Genuinely believe he'll be just as frustrated as us though.

So all in all I'd say I'm comfortable-ish with about 55% of the positions just now. Fod, Hill, Kiernan, Hodson, Miller (when played) and Waghorn (of his current form continues) but there's still room for improvement all over the park. Credit to Wes though he's saved our arse a heap of times, especially yesterday from what I've heard. 

The form of a lot of our players seems to really peak and dip, so I'm pretty much basing this on what I feel has been more consistent lately.

Happy to take criticism on my opinion though :thumbup: