Football Manager stories

Jameshay09

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, geronimoo said:

Soccer Boss on the Amstrad was better than all FM games.

Used to be quite a variety of games before CM/FM killed all the competition. Ultimate Soccer Manager with its bungs and Super League Manager where you had to water your plant to stop it dying and drink your tea or the tea lady would leave you a note.

On 2/15/2017 at 6:24 PM, EatDolphins said:

Currently on 2042 with rangers. 20 odd in a row. Won the champions league 7 times in a row, 9 all in I think. 400 odd mil in the bank and an 80k capacity stadium named after me. 

Be honest here, at any point have you saved before a match, lost then reloaded?

On 15 February 2017 at 4:08 PM, DeanMK said:

Anyone else signed Jason Cummings yet? Absolute beast in the Premiership for me. 103 goals in 119 games so far.

Wee cunts refusing to sign for me, dislike for the club. Signed Moult and Macheda instead

Play every year but my most memorable save was FM08 I think, after doing the usual Rangers one fancied something else. Plumped for Sunderland out of no where. Took me a few seasons to get anywhere eventually finishing 3rd on my 4th season. After that I went four in a row winning the league, got to three Champions League finals in a row, winning two ( always remember losing the middle one against Real Madrid at Ibrox was fucking gutted) the next season after 4 In a row finished 3rd, 2 points behind first and got the sack, was furious. Kept trying to get the Newcastle job to get it right up them but the wouldn't take me. 

On my 3rd season with us in Football Manager 05.

Put us and them in League one down south. Promoted to EPL this season just gone. Tims are another year in Championship.

Team just now is

-----------Robinson-----

Hutton----L.King---Boumsong---Dede

Burke--------S.Kehl----Ferguson-----Milner

---------Cavenaghi---Mokena-----

Need to upgrade my wingers to have any chance of top 4. 

Slightly off topic but I absolutely loved LMA Manager 2004 and 2005.  Had some superb seasons with Rangers and some shite ones. 

There was one particular season where it was tight as fuck between us and the tarriers, and we were level on points with them going in to the final game but we had a much better goal difference, so all we had to do was match their result.  Both games were 0-0 in the 85th minute, and the alert came up on the bottom of my screen that they cunts had scored.  Was absolutely gutted.  Only for Arveladze (I think) to score in the 90th minute.  Absolute scenes.  Sure I broke the springs in my bed celebrating.

I've never really took to FM.  First one I tried was 2012, and it was after an update late on in the season so we were in admin and started on -10 points.  Players were getting sold by the board left right and centre.  Managed to get us to a 4th place finish I'm sure.

Tried the 2016 game but only lasted about half a season.  I was getting good results against Hibs and beat a couple of SPL teams in the cup but was struggling like fuck against some diddy teams (I remember getting pumped by QOTS 4-0 at Ibrox).  I put on high intensity training to copy Warburton's tactics but the players were always moaning like fuck about it.

5 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Superb game.

I'm sure it was the same developers who made Rangers Club Football.  Also a brilliant game.

That club football was fucking mince mate.

Graphics were good as were the stadium, songs ect but the game play was baws.

Those games bombed spectacularly 

32 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That club football was fucking mince mate.

Graphics were good as were the stadium, songs ect but the game play was baws.

Those games bombed spectacularly 

Tbh I just enjoyed being able to play at Ibrox.

You're right though the gameplay was pretty shite.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/02/2017 at 10:41 PM, Sulla said:

Used to be quite a variety of games before CM/FM killed all the competition. Ultimate Soccer Manager with its bungs and Super League Manager where you had to water your plant to stop it dying and drink your tea or the tea lady would leave you a note.

I remember playing the Kenny Dalglish 1 also and I thought that was decent. The actual football games were woeful, I remember playing Match Day and Match Day 2 and super soccer on the old Amstrad, Player of the Year was good and another 1 that wasn't so well known called Striker, in both games you just took shots at goal.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, Johnsey said:

Not achievement based, but players wise.

CM03/04 I signed a 15 year old Cerci for Rangers, he ended up scoring 400 goals in just over 350 appearances.

FM13 it must have been, I was at Rangers for a good 15-20 years. Signed a young french regen striker Frederik Nackache. He was a goal machine and played until he was 37 for me, still banging them in. Ended up becoming my assistant manager. Became very attached to that fake player :facepalm:

I had a regen like that.  Danny Flannagan signed for £20k from Shamrock Rovers :belm: at 16 as a left back on the back of decent stats.  I eventually settled on a 3-5-2 so I retrained him as a CH and CDM.  The boy took to it like a duck to water.  Continued training him up in other positions until he could play anywhere on the park bar goalkeeper and he'd give man of the match performances week in week out no matter where he was playing.  Absolute lionheart, loved that fake bastard.  Hartlepool Legend. 

I only ever play the FM app on my phone.

Started a game with Montrose the other week because they were the worst team in SD3. Got them to the SPFL (3 consecutive promotions) and then won it so took the Rangers job after Derek Adams left it for Inverness and subsequently won the treble and the EURO Cup in my first season :pipe:

• 1 month later...
On 13/02/2017 at 10:41 PM, Sulla said:

I loved the bungs and bribery aspect, especially as it was random whether it'd ever come back to bite you. I think there should be a similar option for Football Manager, even if it's something you can turn off in the pre-game settings. 

Just got the new one for my pc. I see they've finally adjusted the transfer fees. The last one you'd bid £800k for a £500k valued player and the club would knock it back and demand £8m.

On 5/3/2017 at 6:20 PM, DeanMK said:

Just got the new one for my pc. I see they've finally adjusted the transfer fees. The last one you'd bid £800k for a £500k valued player and the club would knock it back and demand £8m.

Sounds like Celtic.