Football Manager stories

Jameshay09

On 5/3/2017 at 5:57 PM, Aubie92 said:

I loved the bungs and bribery aspect, especially as it was random whether it'd ever come back to bite you. I think there should be a similar option for Football Manager, even if it's something you can turn off in the pre-game settings. 

Probably seems a bit silly now but I used to love developing the stadiums in USM and Premier Manager. I used to think picking the sponsor boards was the best thing ever as a child. :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started a new save last night as Brondby, as I fancied managing in a league outwith the UK. Trying to make sure the spine of the team is Scandinavian or Nordic. Already told the sheep to fuck off when they asked to loan one of my players. 

I once won the Champions League with Rangers, beating Barcelona in the final 1-0 from a Kris Boyd tap in. Couldn't top that, never got near winning the Champions League again. 

Had a couple of regens who were the absolute nuts, and David Murray sold both of them from under my nose for £12million each. Think I quit in protest shortly after

Still play FM08 started off at Barca then Man U. Flopped at Rangers frustratingly, went to Hibs to rebuild my stock and ended up taking the job at Almeria. Must be in season 2060 or so. Still crack the laptop out for a few games now and then. 

On 03/05/2017 at 5:57 PM, Aubie92 said:

I loved the bungs and bribery aspect, especially as it was random whether it'd ever come back to bite you. I think there should be a similar option for Football Manager, even if it's something you can turn off in the pre-game settings. 

The cheat for the old FM circa 06 was excellent. Bid millions and millions for a player, bid accepted, change bid to zero, bobs your uncle, the best players on the planet for free. 

1 hour ago, Cobham said:

Still play FM08 started off at Barca then Man U. Flopped at Rangers frustratingly, went to Hibs to rebuild my stock and ended up taking the job at Almeria. Must be in season 2060 or so. Still crack the laptop out for a few games now and then. 

I used to raid Southampton every time they had a half decent youngster break through into the first team in that game. They were skint, so I'd usually get future stars for next to nothing.

Nathan Dyer was one; got him for a few hundred grand, had him for four years and then he went to Liverpool for £8 million; got him back a year later for half of that when he was transfer listed by request, then a year down the line Manchester City paid me £7 million for him. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 04/05/2017 at 11:25 PM, Sulla said:

Probably seems a bit silly now but I used to love developing the stadiums in USM and Premier Manager. I used to think picking the sponsor boards was the best thing ever as a child. :lol:

And setting the hot dog prices and ticket prices 

loved that part

rorslly forgot about the advertising boards  totally took me back there mate! 

Started a game recently using the Create a club feature and using the euro league patch .

Have gone Rangers start in the bottom league but I packed the team with high potential youngsters , romped to the title problem is the vultures circle your players rather quickly.

Although made £90m selling two players .

• 2 weeks later...