London pubs for Hogmanay game

TheBluebells

Unfortunately I'm missing the Hogmanay game to head to London for New Years with some family but obviously will be wanting to watch the game, anyone know any decent Rangers minded pubs that will definitely be showing it? 

Im staying at the tower bridge Hilton if it's any use, nearer the better ofcourse. 

21 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Seems to be the only game on at that time and Sky's main attraction for the day.

I know you're wanting a Rangers pub but will be on everywhere if you're struggling 

That might be the case in scotland but down south outside the rsc clubs you wont find it easy to find it as a given most places you will have to ask and even then a lot will say no my own local being one of them to say no would rather watch cricket

45 minutes ago, devref said:

That might be the case in scotland but down south outside the rsc clubs you wont find it easy to find it as a given most places you will have to ask and even then a lot will say no my own local being one of them to say no would rather watch cricket

Nonsense any pub that shows football will have the game on as it's the only game on in uk at that time and on sky sports 1

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I live in London mate, White Bear is a fantastic place to watch the game. Great atmosphere and always jumping! 

I'm in London just now and looking for somewhere to watch the game. I seen the London RSC is meeting at Bar Locks tonight, do you think White Bear is the best shout of the 2?

1 minute ago, Queens 11 said:

I'm in London just now and looking for somewhere to watch the game. I seen the London RSC is meeting at Bar Locks tonight, do you think White Bear is the best shout of the 2?

I've not actually been to Bar Locks mate but I'm confident The White Bear will have the game on. However it the London RSC is meeting at Bar Locks you might get a better turnout there. Both will be showing the game.

That didn't really help did it?

37 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Nonsense any pub that shows football will have the game on as it's the only game on in uk at that time and on sky sports 1

Agreed, in part, they sometimes put rugby ahead of Scottish football in terms of priority. But the OF game usually gets a good showing.

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I've not actually been to Bar Locks mate but I'm confident The White Bear will have the game on. However it the London RSC is meeting at Bar Locks you might get a better turnout there. Both will be showing the game.

That didn't really help did it?

:lol: 

It's a tough one, leaning towards White Bear as it's closer. As long as there are a few other bears I'm happy! Cheers

5 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I live in London mate, White Bear is a fantastic place to watch the game. Great atmosphere and always jumping! 

Does it get rammed? The Cock Tavern was hell to watch games as it was cramped and hot too, so hoping a visit to the White Bear is worth it. How many Rangers games do they cover? 

32 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

Does it get rammed? The Cock Tavern was hell to watch games as it was cramped and hot too, so hoping a visit to the White Bear is worth it. How many Rangers games do they cover? 

Pretty sure they have every game on mate, I've been to see the cup final and the last old firm (not a good record to be fair!) both games were pretty busy as it's a small but fantastic atmosphere. 

Drop them a wee email they are usually quick to get back to you. Address is on their website? 

3 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

not always the case in part I agree some will show it. however I have been in so called football pubs all over the south west and have seen them change the channel to watch horse racing rugby wta anything but any game of Scottish football. our game you would expect to be shown but its no gimme in a lot of areas. for me the only place I can be sure of watching in a pub/club is Plymouth rsc and that's 95miles from home kinda defeats the purpose when you cant get pissed with everyone else so you can drive home.

23 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Pretty sure they have every game on mate, I've been to see the cup final and the last old firm (not a good record to be fair!) both games were pretty busy as it's a small but fantastic atmosphere. 

Drop them a wee email they are usually quick to get back to you. Address is on their website? 

Cheers mate. Wife's cottoned on that I'm going and has decided to join me. If you hear a Cockney with a Scouser, that's me!

1 hour ago, East London Loyal said:

Cheers mate. Wife's cottoned on that I'm going and has decided to join me. If you hear a Cockney with a Scouser, that's me!

Wish I was joingin you pal, but I'm stranded in the sticks with the missus family. Having to watch on my iPad! 

Grab a beer at the next one though ??

Bar Locks is the new venue for the RSC and the game will be on in there as it will be in The White Bear but both are pretty small and will fill up fast. I'd recommend the Walkabout in Temple. Loads of screens and willl be packed with bears.

19 hours ago, devref said:

this shows up in blue nose bars so it may be wrong but am sure there are plenty. google reckons it 2miles from the hotel. suggest a wee call first

The White Bear  57 John Street, Farringdon, London, EC1M 4AN

This seems to be the popular shout, easy to get to from the tube also, appreciate the heads up mate! 

10 hours ago, jafrfc said:

Bar Locks is the new venue for the RSC and the game will be on in there as it will be in The White Bear but both are pretty small and will fill up fast. I'd recommend the Walkabout in Temple. Loads of screens and willl be packed with bears.

That might be a good back up shout, a wee pub works for me but I'm happy so long as it's Rangers company I'm in.