Kiernan Cost Us 2 points

Bluebear11

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

The team has to come back from goals like that consistently, it happend in the first half at around 28 minutes I think? 

That means there was 62 minutes in which that error could've been corrected. 

That's a fact, but Warburtons Rangers can't score when it matters, that's a sign of poor players and poor overall tactics and sadly I don't see it changing, it's been the same for two years now albeit against poor opposition.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, danger ranger said:

That's a fact, but Warburtons Rangers can't score when it matters, that's a sign of poor players and poor overall tactics and sadly I don't see it changing, it's been the same for two years now albeit against poor opposition.

It's the weirdest thing because we kill our own momentum. We do so good, in the driving seat and then we get a goal or something and the tempo just goes out the wind and complacency creeps in.
Getting a goal against us is always demoralising but you have to just shrug it off and continue on. It's not going to get any easier at that point and taking the foot of the gas is just going to make it worse.

They should've came out after half time with fire in their belly to correct that mistake.

That shit ain't on. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

It's the weirdest thing because we kill our own momentum. We do so good, in the driving seat and then we get a goal or something and the tempo just goes out the wind and complacency creeps in.
Getting a goal against us is always demoralising but you have to just shrug it off and continue on. It's not going to get any easier at that point and taking the foot of the gas is just going to make it worse.

They should've came out after half time with fire in their belly to correct that mistake.

That shit ain't on. 

This for me all day. Even if the players couldn't lift themselves or motivate themselves after the goal the management should be able to evoke a reaction from the players with their team talk but it just didn't happen. Hate to say it but I have a feeling that Warburton is too respectful to the players and isn't capable of giving them a complete bollocking. Granted there are times when words of encouragement will do but most of the best teams of the past decades have had a stern leader that knew when to roast the players.

16 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This for me all day. Even if the players couldn't lift themselves or motivate themselves after the goal the management should be able to evoke a reaction from the players with their team talk but it just didn't happen. Hate to say it but I have a feeling that Warburton is too respectful to the players and isn't capable of giving them a complete bollocking. Granted there are times when words of encouragement will do but most of the best teams of the past decades have had a stern leader that knew when to roast the players.

He is stubborn with a soft centre.

Kiernan had a bad game tonight and was lucky not to concede a penalty and also lucky to stay on the pitch for punching a guy in the stomach..

I think nerves will get the better of him in our next match and he's likely to do something stupid or make a rash tackle in the box and give away a penalty.

He has some good attributes but he needs to get rid of the bad ones..

16 minutes ago, In walter we trust said:

. I actually thought he was getting some consistency , but reality is I've dropped my standards. 

I think that's one of our biggest problems throughout the support . From the boardroom down , too many are accepting mediocrity and even more alarming we are being conditioned to believe that what we currently have , both on the park  and running the club , is as good as it gets for us . Settling for second best should never be good enough !

I think in general the whole squad is a level below where it needs to be.  Kieran is the fall guy tonight- but on another night it would be Wilson,  or tav,  or Wallace or halliday. . They will turn in good performances but then turn in howlers because it's the standard of player they are. They aren't good enough on a consistent basis to win this league.

The problem is that the signings that we hoped to take us up a bit such as Barton,  kanjcar,  garner, have been a total disaster. We haven't moved up while savco have,  there signings - particularly dembele - have been a success, so the gap is far wider than it was only months ago.

We need to move on from blaming individuals.  None of them are at the level we need.

Keirnan is poor in the air, can't defend corners, gets rolled too easily and for his size gets pushed around way too much. In other words he can't defend. Add to that the fact that he doesn't pass a ball confidently then it baffles me how he can fit into MW's plan.

Thing is he appears to be one of our first choice centre halfs.

2 million from Fulham ?? Yes please 

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If Kiernan made that mistake but the other 10 players were on their game tonight we'd have waltzed the game 3 or 4 goals to 1.

The thing that cost us the game was the lack of passion, desire, fight and anything resembling a backbone.

And consequently a new manager is needed pronto 

Kiernan is a stupid big fake Irish prick but he's not the only useless cunt - our squad is full of them 

papering over cracks has been mentioned in a few threads in the BD tonight abd this will be another instance 

we all know he's shite him and senderos should have not kicked another ball for us after Parkhead 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Kiernan is a stupid big fake Irish prick but he's not the only useless cunt - our squad is full of them 

papering over cracks has been mentioned in a few threads in the BD tonight abd this will be another instance 

we all know he's shite him and senderos should have not kicked another ball for us after Parkhead 

Should have been sacked after the Cup final.