Kiernan Cost Us 2 points

Bluebear11

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Kiernan is a stupid big fake Irish prick but he's not the only useless cunt - our squad is full of them 

papering over cracks has been mentioned in a few threads in the BD tonight abd this will be another instance 

we all know he's shite him and senderos should have not kicked another ball for us after Parkhead 

Someone needs to open a wallet but won't hold my breath. The CB was a priority to us all last season but we got 2 old guys and Hill is doing a job but we should have spent 1.8m on a good CB not a win a header striker although I won't down Garner just yet he needs to find his shooting  boots rapid.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

The team has to come back from goals like that consistently, it happend in the first half at around 28 minutes I think? 

That means there was 62 minutes in which that error could've been corrected. 

Robbo at times I admire your loyalty and conviction to your point however that from him tonight cannot be balanced by pointing the finger at everyone else. That's a tough away game, we get our noses in front and he absolutely gifts them a goal.  

Regardless of what everyone else does that was appalling from him. Our confidence is clearly lacking away from home and we didn't get more than 5 fucking minutes to build on the opener.

Sure it is a team game however individuals can cost or win you points, I would bet anything you like if you could ask him tonight his point of view it would be that he cost us 2 points  

Kiernan may have been at fault for the goal, but his teammates should've bailed him out. We are fucking Rangers, against St Johnstone, that goal should've meant fuck all, yet we didn't manage to make one more fucking chance after that. 

Maybe Kiernan's fault for the goal, but not for the performance. Far fucking from it. 

Are we all going to ignore the fact Wes passed him the ball at a light pace while a St J player was coming up to Kiernan? 

Kiernan made an arse of the pass back yeah, but why was Wes even passing out like that in the first place and putting people under unnecessary pressure. See it constant with him. 

Wes made the situation and Kiernan made the worse of it in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Are we all going to ignore the fact Wes passed him the ball at a light pace while a St J player was coming up to Kiernan? 

Kiernan made an arse of the pass back yeah, but why was Wes even passing out like that in the first place and putting people under unnecessary pressure. See it constant with him. 

Mate don't try defend him in the goal, it was his fault end of. It happens. It shouldn't have happened 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

It must be because they are told to pass it out so much, it overrides their natural caution. "The boss told me not to lump it, so I'll go with a risky pass cause that's what the boss wants".  The bosses instructions are taking over from their instinct to lump it.

Just now, WGOH said:

Mate don't try defend him in the goal, it was his fault end of. It happens. It shouldn't have happened 

I never said he wasn't at fault did I?

Kiernan made an arse of the pass back yeah

Kiernan made the worse of it in my opinion 

He still ultimately fucked up and gifted a goal to the opposition but the whole situation could've been avoided 

There's no debate here at all. Kiernan made a rip roaring cunt of it and cost us the points. 

Warburton didn't make him do it

Wes didn't make him do it

Kiernan made the decision to play a retarded ball when any other half decent CB would have just dealt with it, the boy might be a decent chap but he's a brutal defender and the championship is his true level. 

Get him to fuck

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

I never said he wasn't at fault did I?

He still ultimately fucked up and gifted a goal to the opposition but the whole situation could've been avoided 

It could've been avoided if he just blootered the ball up the park, your trying to put the blame on Wes for passing the ball to the centre backs, the way we have been doing for 18 months 

Just now, WGOH said:

It could've been avoided if he just blootered the ball up the park, your trying to put the blame on Wes for passing the ball to the centre backs, the way we have been doing for 18 months 

Not putting the blame on Wes alone. There's blame to be shared all around, it's a team game at the end of the day. The biggest blame goes on Kiernan, that goes without saying because he caused the ball to go into the path of the St J player

Kiernan has shown he is capable of raising his game to be good enough for a run of games - He had been decent of late.

However.... he is also proving to be too unreliable and too inconsistent to be a Rangers quality centre back.

At some clubs a CB can get away with a run of 4-5 decent games, then 1 mistake riddled performance - You simply can't at Rangers. Kiernan hasn't shown that he can cut the mistakes out his game, and go 15-20 games playing well without any big errors thus he isn't going to cut it at Rangers.

Kiernan fukked up, but that happens in all sports.  What was more inexcusable was the reaction or lack of reaction from the other players.  with the exception of the keeper, every single one let their heads drop, showed not bottle and hid which is a magnitude worse than what Kiernan did.  we have no midfield, we have no leader and we as witnessed today have no bottle, Kiernan is only one of a bad bunch.

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

This is what's so fucking annoying.  He looked as if he was getting it, he was getting deserved praise for his performances- then costs us the game. 

I thought the last few games we'd seen a big improvement in him especially playing alongside Hill they were dealing with set plays and corners that were a real issue than he gives a performance like that he also could easily also have cost us a penalty when he was on wrong side of one their players and dragged him to the ground 

The main problem for me after the goal last night was the reaction of the players collectively maybe answered a lot of questions about the belief and mentality of the team .

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It's 100% kiernans fault but Halliday takes us from a decent attacking position too the ball being back at our keeper with his inability too turn on the ball or play a simple 10-15 yard pass forward for Holt 

Holt done exactly the same for the whole match last night.

Can't deny it was a stupid decision mis-placing a pass in a crucial area of the pitch but after that they seemed to jump on where as we fell apart......

I reckon we were going to kick on and possibly score more had they not scored - awful result but the whole team were garbage after their goal.

5 minutes ago, tm91 said:

It was an unacceptably slack pass and he was poor, but mistakes happen. Even the best Rangers teams sometimes gave away leads because of bad passes and own goals.The problem is that we lost that goal and completely lost our confidence and composure, and spent the rest of the game effectively running about like headless chickens. We shat the bed, and that says everything about the character and spirit of our players. They didn't have it in them to re-adjust, adapt, get over it and win.

Our whole back line is always going to make fuck ups like that. Theres a reason Kiernans been at a dozen clubs and he's only 25.