boyd 100% bang on

KingKirk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Good play utter pointless unless we have people willing to go in behind and finish the chances off bang on again if he can see it why can't Warburton.

You really need to ask, I honestly believe Warburton does care if we score goals as long as we look good missing a lot. 

46 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You really need to ask, I honestly believe Warburton does care if we score goals as long as we look good missing a lot. 

Warburton definitely does care. He's just too stubborn in his belief in how the game should be played.

He was absolutely raging at Tav's last contribution which was a woeful high looping cross which went out for a goal kick.

The guy cares about winning. Players just aren't good enough.

Few good balls into the box but just no one there,   no midfielders getting beyond the Strikers,  no Strikers breaking their necks to get in on the end, and no opposite winger getting to the back post area..

Team set up just to pass and make pretty triangles.

No dig, No fight, No Goals

For anyone that plays a dangerous ball into the box only to see not one of your own players in there must be so frustrating.

I'd love to know if Garner is being told to drop deeper and play more like a defensive forward and target man. I honestly feel 2 up top is the only way we are going to see at least one striker in the box when these crosses come in. When Garner wins his flick ons there would be someone playing off his shoulder as it seems our midfielders aren't going to do this.

As much as I can't stand the fucker Jason Cummings would probably have worked quite well alongside Garner.

4 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Garner was guilty of not getting into the box more

He was. However if he hung about the middle up front he'd be redundant as no cunt alongside him or midfield is doing near enough to create chances for a poacher type forward.

I'd go with Garner and Waghorn in Saturday.

If nothing else just to get in about that mob and make them realise they've been in a game.

Fuck sake it's such a trite observation. 

How do we get in behind when the one thing that the managerial messiah that is tommy wright done was shut up shop immediately after keirnans  fuck up? If he can answer that great. But pointing out what he would like to happen and how to get it happening are two different things. 

Btw we have guys on the match thread actually CONGRATULATING Wright for that and telling MW to take note. What rangers manager would ever shut up shop at home with 1 hour to go? Aye that's genius.

9 minutes ago, murzo said:

It's not even that we're testing the keeper and have him making saves, it's just cause there's no-one there worryingly. 

Don't know how many times I was screaming in the boozer for some cunt to make the effort and get in the box when we threw a cross in.

1 minute ago, jim beam said:

Don't know how many times I was screaming in the boozer for some cunt to make the effort and get in the box when we threw a cross in.

Waghorn's second goal against Hamilton is the kind of simple goal we haven't scored enough of this season and Garner just doesn't seem to have that instinct which would result in more of these goals being scored.

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

Waghorn's second goal against Hamilton is the kind of simple goal we haven't scored enough of this season and Garner just doesn't seem to have that instinct which would result in more of these goals being scored.

I don't know if they are just lazy bastards that either can't be arsed or that shite they can't read a game or following Warburtons instructions.

26 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Warburton definitely does care. He's just too stubborn in his belief in how the game should be played.

He was absolutely raging at Tav's last contribution which was a woeful high looping cross which went out for a goal kick.

He bought them he plays them, if they aren't good enough when he bought then surely he should've improved them after 18 months. 

23 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Fuck sake it's such a trite observation. 

How do we get in behind when the one thing that the managerial messiah that is tommy wright done was shut up shop immediately after keirnans  fuck up? If he can answer that great. But pointing out what he would like to happen and how to get it happening are two different things. 

Btw we have guys on the match thread actually CONGRATULATING Wright for that and telling MW to take note. What rangers manager would ever shut up shop at home with 1 hour to go? Aye that's genius.

Their manager saw what was coming and changed the way his team played to stop it. You should be more worried that our manager couldn't then change us to break them down. 

25 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Garner was guilty of not getting into the box more

He's a Rangers centre-forward, why would he waste his time in the box when he could be "getting involved in the play", passing to Tavernier from 40 yards out, keeping possession away from the lethal attacking might of St. Johnstone players?

It's genius really.

Can't score enough.  Won't score enough.  Not enough talent to score enough.   Not coached or managed well enough to score enough.  Whatever convinces themselves in training that they are good enough evaporates consistently in match games.   Toothless.  Ineffective.   Huffing and puffing to no real effect.

Down to the players not being good enough for this league?  Or down to the manager having an over-hyped reputation where he may actually be less effective than he thinks he is?.  Or both.

Both in my opinion.    Not helped by a willingness at Board level to accept second best - its not where Rangers should be.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He bought them he plays them, if they aren't good enough when he bought then surely he should've improved them after 18 months. 

And in some cases, he bought them and doesn't play them, despite the repeated dross that's served up by the usual suspects.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I think he has improved them. We're sitting second in the league but (this won't be popular amongst those in denial) I don't actually think our squad is any better than the teams just under us. Two things are making our group of players punch above their weight. One is Warburton. The second is the amazing support they get at a packed Ibrox.

I know you've said that he bought them but maybe that is the highest calibre of player we can attract at the moment due to financial constraints.

I know I've just about said we have a very average group of players but I do believe that one or two very good players (not necessarily world class) will turn those draws in to wins then we can actually compete for the title. Need some children's inheritance out for that to happen though...

15 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

So we create lots of chances, miss them and its MW fault...fair enough.

15 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

must've been watching a different game to me

12 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

It is to a certain degree because it happens far too often and in many different games.If you were manager I am pretty sure it's something you would highlight and work on in training to get right?

Having said that if I was lucky enough to play for Rangers I would be bursting a gut to get into the box to score.Unfortunately we don't have players who seem motivated and with the actual desire to do this on a consistent basis!!

36 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

He would suck Tavs cock he loves him that much .

Don't know how many times I see him disappointed in Tav ,yet he finds a space for him in the team .The guy is athletic but that's it ..He is not a rightback and he certainly isn't a midfielder 

MW is the problem and I'm now not going to waver on that ,no matter the score on Saturday