boyd 100% bang on

KingKirk

Warburton tactics worked. The players let him down. We was dominating that game before we gave thrm that goal. We still dominated the game after we gifted them the goal but the heads went down. That's where he has to take the blame, for signing such mentally weak players who cannot play for a big club like ours. It's to much expectation for them to handle. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we dominated them and looked like scoring 3 or 4 before they scored.

Therein lies the problem. Kiernan has 4 good games then costs us points in the 5th. No consistency at all.

What is more worrying though is how pathetic we act when we lose a goal against any team. More often than not teams will score against us this season and we just go through the motions when they do, looking around blaming everyone else instead of someone standing up and taking responsibility.

Halliday was a fking joke last night. Flew into one tackle the full game and was anonymous the rest of it. Him and Tav need dropped like Mckay and Waghorn were. Tav is a woeful player and has dropped off a cliff. You could see that"cross" hitting the stand before he hit it as the bounce was awkward so if I can see it why can't he? 

Our set plays and crossing 9/10 hits the first man or hits the other side of the ground. It's something we clearly don't work on yet is integral to how we play sometimes. Some of the crossing was embarrassing yesterday, although not as embarrassing as 4th placed St Johnstone shutting up shop at home as soon as they scored. Testament to Scottish football, time wasting for an hour at home for a point. 

Miller put a great ball into the box with his left peg, straight across the 6 yard box. It only needed a toe onto it to put it in the back of the net but there wasn't even one player in the box. Tav whipped in a great ball in the 2nd as well but there was no one breaking their back to get on the end of it.

We need someone that can finish up top, scoring goals is more important than 'the system'. If we are going for a budget quick fix I'd take Boyce from Ross County in a heart beat

This thing about putting chances away - it's said in such a way that it seems like we are creating loads of good chances in games - we aren't  

what little we do create the strikers can't put away but we don't create a lot as a team that's a big part of the problem 

2 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

90% of teams we play in Scotland will shut up shop against us, if Warburton can't change his set up to combat that when we are struggling to create clear cut chances then we will win absolutely nothing under him! 

Standard tactics against a packed defence is get wide men on. We actually always start like that anyway. Changing it make us more narrow.

It's not the tactics, it is the quality of player being asked to carry out the tactics. 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This thing about putting chances away - it's said in such a way that it seems like we are creating loads of good chances in games - we aren't  

what little we do create the strikers can't put away but we don't create a lot as a team that's a big part of the problem 

Exactly. We play a percentage game - only take your chance if the odds are that it will count, otherwise we loose possession and become vulnerable. Therefore we keep possession for far too long  

instead of - taking half chances, speculative shots, crosses etc  this ups our percentage on chances we get and therefore the more likely we are to score

Our Gaffer appears to be bringing his experience in trading into a football world:lol: 

To me it's pretty clear we don't have a midfield who are capable of making an impact at this level.

Both the defence and attack lack the support required from the middle of the park. Halliday/Holt/1 Other currently can't run a game, don't support the defence or the attack nearly enough and that is the main issue.

They don't take any pressure off of our defence and they certainly don't support the attack effectively enough at all.

We need to sign at least 3 capable midfielders to give ourselves a chance at challenging realistically. 

Guest Lloyd72
18 hours ago, docspiderman said:

That is their preference; Miller because of his age knows his reaction time means he can no longer be a penalty box striker and like most players drop deeper as they get older.

Garner just prefers to be anywhere outside the box usually wide right and as we saw tonight does not make strikers runs or anticipates half chances or just be in a position to tuck good chances away.

But when you watch his highlights for preston he's always in the box waiting for the cross, imo he's dropping deep because he is being told to help keep possession.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

But when you watch his highlights for preston he's always in the box waiting for the cross, imo he's dropping deep because he is being told to help keep possession.

I have not seen any highlights of him at Preston but I just do not see him as a penalty box striker because of what seems to be his natural movement and positional drifts.

Guest Lloyd72
12 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

I have not seen any highlights of him at Preston but I just do not see him as a penalty box striker because of what seems to be his natural movement and positional drifts.

He scored 51 goals for them in 2 seasons in league 1 and if you watch the goals he scored almost all are from him being in the box getting on the end of a cross or a rebound. I believe he could be a penalty box striker he just needs confidence. I mean look how many including me wrote off waggy during his goal drought then when he got one he started banging them in I think Garner will do the same.

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

More people care about his than yours. What I'd do for a prime Kris Boyd just now.

He'd be fuck all use tomorrow, even in good rangers teams he managed one single goal against Celtic. Pathetic.

Useless fat waster who could only score goals against diddly teams.

4 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

You are a fucking disgrace.

I witnessed kris Boyd pull on a rangers shirt and not bother trying. Doesn't matter if you don't like the manager. If you play for rangers and 40,000 come out on a Tuesday night to watch you, the very least you can do is make an effort. He's a fat disgrace desperately trying to make a career for himself in the media, going to be difficult as he can't speak English.

5 hours ago, gsa said:

I witnessed kris Boyd pull on a rangers shirt and not bother trying. Doesn't matter if you don't like the manager. If you play for rangers and 40,000 come out on a Tuesday night to watch you, the very least you can do is make an effort. He's a fat disgrace desperately trying to make a career for himself in the media, going to be difficult as he can't speak English.

Kris must have made your Larsson look bad and it still hurts.

6 hours ago, gsa said:

Raging