We're so deluded

Miller time

We're utter pish simple as that. 

Look at the quality of players we have. 

What hurts the most is that it seems we're now that team that ups our game against the 'big' clubs (sheep,hearts) but can't beat the 'smaller' clubs. 

I honestly think we'll get something out the game on Saturday which will prove my point more, and that just breaks my heart. 

FFS we're rangers and these fucking players need to understand that! 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, K.A.I said:

Deluded is what Rangers fans do best 

Match day support is phenomenal second to none - but we are deluded too and too loyal for our own good 

We're fucked on Saturday and that kills me to say it. All we've been doing is painted over the cracks 

5 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

What hurts the most is that it seems we're now that team that ups our game against the 'big' clubs (sheep,hearts) but can't beat the 'smaller' clubs. 

I honestly think we'll get something out the game on Saturday which will prove my point more, and that just breaks my heart. 

We are better than most if not all teams in Scotland part from savco. Not good but their you go.

Yes I see the quality of player we have

Not really, we have been beaten by savco, Aberdeen and hearts this season. So I don't think that's us really raising our game against big clubs.

No we wont. Why caveat your pessimism and say we will get a result against savco?

I am not sure the players understanding we are rangers necessarily makes them better players.

I think the biggest problem we have is playing away from home against teams that get everyone back behind the ball.

We don't have the quality to break these teams down. McKay tried tonight but even when he did get space there was fuck all in the box.

We are too predictable therefore easy to play against, when we score first other teams have to either accept a 1-0 defeat or open up and then (provided we don't fuck up and gift them a goal) we get more space to score more.

We seem bereft of confidence away from home and there is definitely a lack of steel in the team.

For me the best way out of this predicament without having money is to vary things before and during the game making it difficult/impossible to tell how we are going to line up or how we will play. The trouble is under Warburton we are shoe horned as a possession based playing from the back working the ball into the box type team. Yes there have been some minor alterations (going long sometimes) in the past month but at the heart of how we play we are predictable.

The big question for me now is whether its Warburton's stubbornness or tactical naivety that is stopping him from varying things up drastically.

We can play well. Done it against sheep, Hearts and in first 25 mins or so.

Our problem is we aren't resilient enough, a goal against us turned our whole game on its head.

Too many average players who can't dig us out a whole, who can't display grit and fight to turn things back in our favour.

We then end up looking shapeless and clueless.

It's embarrassing.

The money wasted on Garner,Barton,Kranjcar and Senderos in the summer was criminal. Senderos is so baws he can't even get into a 20 man squad never mind the starting 11.

Crooks,Windass and Rossiter seem to have more sick notes than a celtic fan on the dole and our best signing last summer was a 38 year old?

The manager must carry the can for how dreadful we have become.

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

We are better than most if not all teams in Scotland part from savco. Not good but their you go.

Yes I see the quality of player we have

Not really, we have been beaten by savco, Aberdeen and hearts this season. So I don't think that's us really raising our game against big clubs.

No we wont. Why caveat your pessimism and say we will get a result against savco?

I am not sure the players understanding we are rangers necessarily makes them better players.

Agree in part. What annoys me tonight is that thinking kiernan was to blame for the result. Yes he made an awful decision but we had loads of time to make that back

A lot if not all the decision making was awful. If we could finish then we should have been at least three up before half time. Yes we're better than others in this league but that's not hard and look at our budget. 

I'm so fed up of thinking we've turned a corner and boom this happens. It's a fucking joke 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Deluded is what Rangers fans do best 

Match day support is phenomenal second to none - but we are deluded too and too loyal for our own good 

We used to slag off Newcastle fans for being like that.

15 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I think the biggest problem we have is playing away from home against teams that get everyone back behind the ball.

We don't have the quality to break these teams down. McKay tried tonight but even when he did get space there was fuck all in the box.

We are too predictable therefore easy to play against, when we score first other teams have to either accept a 1-0 defeat or open up and then (provided we don't fuck up and gift them a goal) we get more space to score more.

We seem bereft of confidence away from home and there is definitely a lack of steel in the team.

For me the best way out of this predicament without having money is to vary things before and during the game making it difficult/impossible to tell how we are going to line up or how we will play. The trouble is under Warburton we are shoe horned as a possession based playing from the back working the ball into the box type team. Yes there have been some minor alterations (going long sometimes) in the past month but at the heart of how we play we are predictable.

The big question for me now is whether its Warburton's stubbornness or tactical naivety that is stopping him from varying things up drastically.

But they don't get everyone behind the ball tho 

biggest myth ever 

it looks that way because we pass  back because we don't have the talent to knock forward and unlock 

29 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

21 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

We're fucked on Saturday and that kills me to say it. All we've been doing is painted over the cracks 

So what is it then?

2 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

Agree in part. What annoys me tonight is that thinking kiernan was to blame for the result. Yes he made an awful decision but we had loads of time to make that back

A lot if not all the decision making was awful. If we could finish then we should have been at least three up before half time. Yes we're better than others in this league but that's not hard and look at our budget. 

I'm so fed up of thinking we've turned a corner and boom this happens. It's a fucking joke 

Our budget is the second highest in the league and we are second. If money equates to success then we at present are exactly where we should be.

We won't turn any corners till we get a general improvement in the quality of the squad and we didn't get that this summer. The signings have been dreadful and as I said the the "Kiaran cost us two points" topic this squad isn't good enough so we are always going to get performances like that till we up the standard.

2 minutes ago, blueretro said:

So what is it then?

Suppose that was pretty thick of me. Just fucking ragin mate. I think it will either be 1 nil to us or 7 nil to them depending on who turns up.

We beat them with a shiter team but we where in their face. Last two times we've shat it and look what's happened. 

I obviously want us to win but I'm terrified of what can happen. We need a new manager and money spent which is not happening 

30 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I'm sure they do, but doing so will simply not make them better players, because the are far from good enough and not their fault. They are what they are.  As you have recognised about their quality, it is NOT there and it never will be.