We're so deluded

Miller time

I was through in Perth tonight and I was reluctant to come on tonight, but that performance was absolutely garbage. First 20/25 mins were the Rangers we are used to, looked fast, direct. But that second half was abysmal. Absolutely abysmal. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Goals win games,have we ever been at this point in a season where both Hertz and the sheep have scored more goals than us?

Doubt it. I agree its really poor. We have to be scoring more. But I would have taken a 1 -0 win tonight and 3 points the same as a 5-2 win.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'd have McKay in there as well,he seems to be the only one of our players that can produce bits of magic. Plus he's still only 21/22 and will only get better imo.

Defo a prospect If only he'd run at his defender cunt must hear me in his sleep from that main stand frustrates the life out of me...

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'd have McKay in there as well,he seems to be the only one of our players that can produce bits of magic. Plus he's still only 21/22 and will only get better imo.

Im just thinking back to our last winning team and manager and comparing.

McKay IMO would find it hard under Smith. Smith didn't like playing true wingers and McKay isn't a Smith type player.

Under another potential title winning manager, I would also agree McKay potentially is somebody who could kick on a level, or fade into the reserves, but I don't think he would get a look in if transported back to the 2010/11 team

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Agree.

Was saying tonight that I literally can't remember the last time we attacked at pace, played a through ball, and had a run in one on one with the keeper.

It doesn't happen because we'd rather play 20 odd triangle passes to move 5 yards up the park.

We done it tonight, until they scored.

Then the fans got on the teams back, the heads dropped and it was fuckin shite from there on in.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we're gonna win on Saturday, and we'll go on a winning run. While the taigs will drop points here, there, and everywhere, and we win the league on the last day of the season. I know I'm crazy, deluded, off my rocker, but the bastards day will come, and so will mine! WATP!!

5 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

The money wasted on Garner,Barton,Kranjcar and Senderos in the summer was criminal. Senderos is so baws he can't even get into a 20 man squad never mind the starting 11.

Crooks,Windass and Rossiter seem to have more sick notes than a celtic fan on the dole and our best signing last summer was a 38 year old?

The manager must carry the can for how dreadful we have become.

Bang on the money here

12 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we're gonna win on Saturday, and we'll go on a winning run. While the taigs will drop points here, there, and everywhere, and we win the league on the last day of the season. I know I'm crazy, deluded, off my rocker, but the bastards day will come, and so will mine! WATP!!

:lol:

6 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We can play well. Done it against sheep, Hearts and in first 25 mins or so.

Our problem is we aren't resilient enough, a goal against us turned our whole game on its head.

Too many average players who can't dig us out a whole, who can't display grit and fight to turn things back in our favour.

We then end up looking shapeless and clueless.

It's embarrassing.

Wasn't the goal that turned it mate, Tommy wright changed his teams whole system abd made a sub as we were over running them in the middle, the goal is a nifty excuse for warburtons inability to see whats wrong and change it to what we needed

5 hours ago, WGOH said:

I was through in Perth tonight and I was reluctant to come on tonight, but that performance was absolutely garbage. First 20/25 mins were the Rangers we are used to, looked fast, direct. But that second half was abysmal. Absolutely abysmal. 

Unfortunately the absolutely abysmal part is fast becoming the Rangers we are used to 

Deluded or not I still believe. This season  We've seen glimpses at times of how well we can play I'm hoping it  finally comes together at the weekend.   I'm going for a convincing win on Saturday as long as we pick the right team I just hope Wallace and Hill are fit Hodson has to start for me . The midfield choice is crucial but  difficult to choice  as no real standout performer I think crooks holt and Haliday should start at the expense of Tavernier . Love  to see a 4-4 -2 on Saturday 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I am not saying that by any stretch of imagination that I think it is acceptable where we are and the standard we are at atm. But it honestly could be so much worse, we finally put a run of four wins together when it was looking like we couldn't even put two together.

Sucks to have to be ' realistic ' but if we can continue to string wins together even if they aren't huge streaks we should finish in second place, sucks to make that sound like a good thing but it is what it is for now.

1 minute ago, loyal said:

Deluded or not I still believe. This season  We've seen glimpses at times of how well we can play I'm hoping it  finally comes together at the weekend.   I'm going for a convincing win on Saturday as long as we pick the right team I just hope Wallace and Hill are fit Hodson has to start for me . The midfield choice is crucial but  difficult to choice the midfield as no real standout performer I think crooks holt and Haliday should start at the expense of Tavernier . Love  to see a 4-4 -2 on Saturday 

Hide contents

eve 

Hide contents

eve 

Crooks is fucking horrendous. He can't start on Saturday 

Recruitment has been a disaster. We are playing our championship team in the premiership. I don't blame Warburton entirely for this, he's been unfortunate.

Most of the intended starters we signed have been injured (or paid off), leaving us with the prospects, the squad men and Garner. Hill has been good. Garner alright.

The guys we signed to drive up our standards, those with the illustrious careers behind them, have been largely missing (Barton, Niko and Senderos). The prospects such as Windass and Rossiter who were supposed to be learning under the wing of those named above are suddenly the main men. When you see what Hill does we really need that level of robustness elsewhere as we have the appearance of a team of nice young boys 

2 hours ago, loyal said:

Deluded or not I still believe. This season  We've seen glimpses at times of how well we can play I'm hoping it  finally comes together at the weekend.   I'm going for a convincing win on Saturday as long as we pick the right team I just hope Wallace and Hill are fit Hodson has to start for me . The midfield choice is crucial but  difficult to choice  as no real standout performer I think crooks holt and Haliday should start at the expense of Tavernier . Love  to see a 4-4 -2 on Saturday 

Hide contents

Hide contents

Crooks resembles one of them long legged flies when he's played. The joker in a shite deck of cards. No time for taking chances on Saturday. If he plays I'll need to peek through my fingers. Warburton just needs to send out as many regulars as possible and tell them to play as if their lives depend upon it. If they embarrass us at Ibrox then some will never be forgiven and it will no doubt be the end of their dreams as far as playing long term for a big club is concerned.