We're so deluded

Miller time

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

How am I not supporting? I want the ultimate for Rangers which is success even if it means moaning and wanting better 

you don't want the best - you'd rather bypass that in lieu of positive support regardless of what's going on around you - it has its merits but only gets you so far 

We all want the best - you think that's achieved by being a moaning git. I happen to think it's more achievable with a more positive supportive attitude. In your world if your no moaning like fuck about every thing then your somehow not a real fan - and that's bollocks. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

... even throwing money at the issue we still require time for squads to develop - teamwork to grow and success was never likely to be instant.

I totally agree although we have had a full year and a half for this group to grow together and gel. Guys like Foderingham, Tavernier, Wallace, Kiernan, Wilson, Holt, Halliday, McKay, Miller and Waghorn have all been together from day 1 under Warburton and still don't look like a team. The core of this seasons team is the majority of last seasons team which struggled even then at a lower level and still we don't flow or play as one. The same mistakes are being made by the same players and the manager that were being made 12 months ago. That is a huge concern. It has to be. We keep hearing the same party lines from the manager but nothing ever changes. You say it takes time, i agree but they have all had time, the manager has had more than enough time to show us something, the new players are not our biggest problems, those have been over a year in the making. My issue, and this is only my opinion, is that there is nothing at all to suggest that this group of players or this management team can deliver what i expect of a Rangers team, there is nothing to suggest they will even improve never mind be successful. 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I totally agree although we have had a full year and a half for this group to grow together and gel. Guys like Foderingham, Tavernier, Wallace, Kiernan, Wilson, Holt, Halliday, McKay, Miller and Waghorn have all been together from day 1 under Warburton and still don't look like a team. The core of this seasons team is the majority of last seasons team which struggled even then at a lower level and still we don't flow or play as one. The same mistakes are being made by the same players and the manager that were being made 12 months ago. That is a huge concern. It has to be. We keep hearing the same party lines from the manager but nothing ever changes. You say it takes time, i agree but they have all had time, the manager has had more than enough time to show us something, the new players are not our biggest problems, those have been over a year in the making. My issue, and this is only my opinion, is that there is nothing at all to suggest that this group of players or this management team can deliver what i expect of a Rangers team, there is nothing to suggest they will even improve never mind be successful. 

I don't fully agree with your points, especially about the management team, but I do agree with what you say about last season's players. Those players struggled in a lower division, and I think many have forgotten that. We need new players, particularly in midfield, and it will be necessary to have better players coming in this window coming up than are already here.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

When he lost a third of the games in the Championship i wanted him away I've not seen anything to change my mind yet. We are still making the same mistakes.

We just don't seem to learn anything. Shortly after losing that goal last night Wes made a similar pass to Kiernen who was immediately put under pressure again.  Then there's the reluctance to play a quick ball to a forward running wide and the lack of midfield busting a gut to get into the box to get to the cross ball.... and so on.

I remember watching some boys club coaches shouting ball by ball instructions to boys that meant they were scared to do anything that the coach hadn't told them to. It's like some of our players who don't seem to be able to size up a situation and play a pass or hit a shot at the right times.

Then again maybe the lack of quality is to blame. Maybe the players just can't do the basics at this level to win games out of the park. I'm so disillusioned by the whole setup at the moment.

5 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I think we all know that the squad needs more quality - MW recognised that and Barton - Kranjar and Rossiter ( on paper) should have helped that but injuries and Barton being a twat spoilt that 

5 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I think we all know that the squad needs more quality - MW recognised that and Barton - Kranjar and Rossiter ( on paper) should have helped that but injuries and Barton being a twat spoilt that 

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I'm really not convinced that Warbs is a safe pair of hands and I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the summer when Weir realised that he wasn't going to make fixing a leaky defence the priority 

( again) on paper signing hill senderos and hodson plus Rossiter and Barton as DMs showed the issue was recognised just not the solution yet 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

( again) on paper signing hill senderos and hodson plus Rossiter and Barton as DMs showed the issue was recognised just not the solution yet 

Senderos was the very definition of a last  gasp desperation signing. I am not sure he qualifies as MW "recognising the situation". He recognised the failings of halliday, Holt  etc in midfield and sought to bring in Windass, Barton Rossitor and Krankjar - fair enough. But from a defensive perspective he has almost ignored the issues at the back.  

26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Senderos was the very definition of a last  gasp desperation signing. I am not sure he qualifies as MW "recognising the situation". He recognised the failings of halliday, Holt  etc in midfield and sought to bring in Windass, Barton Rossitor and Krankjar - fair enough. But from a defensive perspective he has almost ignored the issues at the back.  

Bringing in Hill senderos and hodson is hardly 'ignoring' the issues at the back - as is bringing in Gilks as a decent keeper cover 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Bringing in Hill senderos and hodson is hardly 'ignoring' the issues at the back - as is bringing in Gilks as a decent keeper cover 

we needed two centre halfs. We bought one old one and hoped for the best. Then we knee jerked another who has not played a game.

On 28/12/2016 at 11:28 PM, Queen's_highway said:

We're utter pish simple as that. 

Look at the quality of players we have. 

What hurts the most is that it seems we're now that team that ups our game against the 'big' clubs (sheep,hearts) but can't beat the 'smaller' clubs. 

I honestly think we'll get something out the game on Saturday which will prove my point more, and that just breaks my heart. 

FFS we're rangers and these fucking players need to understand that! 

You know what really pisses me off, it's the fact we are a fair bit behind that mob and their team is absolute pish rank rotten. Not 1 player in their team is even half good, their top player is Brown and he is crap and always has been.