What do we need to get back to the top?

OzGers

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money, Money, Money !!!!! all the successful clubs now have that in the bank, and they can spend and buy talent, which brings more money into their bank account.

Football now is a multi million business- not like 20/ 30 years ago- and if we do not have the money, well we can go on and when the league- but in Europe, we will still have to spend, spend and spend.

It's going to take a wee bit spending to build our club up again- but no matter were we are in the league right now- I will never ever stop cheering and supporting the Rangers.

Though the straits be broad or narrow, follow we will,

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

Yes they did do something wrong they spent more money than they had coming in that's why we are running at a loss.

I still don't think some understand that we owe £10m maybe more in soft loans and have been running at a loss for about 10 years now. 

We simple can't run out and spend £20m on players, even if King paid for the transfer fees that would add tens of millions a year to the wage budget and since we can't afford what we are paying out now why is adding to that a good idea?

So whats your plan to get out this mess then, scotland have never had champions built on the cheap in my lifetime, 

2 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

Yes they did do something wrong they spent more money than they had coming in that's why we are running at a loss.

I still don't think some understand that we owe £10m maybe more in soft loans and have been running at a loss for about 10 years now. 

We simple can't run out and spend £20m on players, even if King paid for the transfer fees that would add tens of millions a year to the wage budget and since we can't afford what we are paying out now why is adding to that a good idea?

King aint paid for shit. What we had was an underfunded take over and he knew exactly what he was doing. The loans being part of it. He is now a creditor we can't get rid of. He is only here to turn a buck, nothing else.

Any player money comes from the ST sales and and offloading players to get new in to balance the books. It's all at minimal costs as we remain in the shadow of the scum.

7 hours ago, ale_ said:

only ten?

more like 20million

we need a midfielder ( someone to look for the ball, hold the fukcing ball and make sublime passes)

no offence to halliday, but how many times does he get caught out

we need a golden ball striker, a poacher, a jammy bastard of a guy

and that defence will not hold out ( Hill had a gr8 game, gr8 game, but at 38 hmm)

we need ££££ its simple

thats what football is

If Keirnan is playing the best place for this midfielder to look for the ball would be in his own net.

14 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The point I'm making is that king new exactly what he was coming into. You cannot continually blame an external party for what is underfunding of the business. It is the board's obligation to provide funding adequate to meet it's strategic objective, but therein lies the rub. The fan's objective is 55 sooner than later. King's objective is challenging for second and maybe sneaking a first with a stroke of luck if the scum implode. The difference in funding between the two is the tens of millions he initially promised and lied about. Then the loans which secure his tenure unless we/someone pays him off if we want rid, or life could be made extremely difficult indeed for. The guy is a convicted corporate fraudster ffs. There is nothing more that actually needs to be said, other that he should NEVER been let near us and those king rimmers should be fucking ashamed of themselves. He s here to turn a buck using OUR money, that is his MO, end of

I think fundamentally we agree. King wasn't the 'ideal' owner but Green and the Bus boys would have had us back in admiration. The guys involved with King - Park for example are 100% on the level.  Ashley and King are like two stags butting heads no way will they reach a raprochmont so we are stuck for 6 years until the contract expires. So the only other option is someone to bank roll the club to a considerable level. I can't see that happening

16 hours ago, BonjourBonjour said:

If Keirnan is playing the best place for this midfielder to look for the ball would be in his own net.

Thats true.

Whats Foderingham doing with the goal kick out to Keirnan. Sinclair was on him like a shot.

And then Keirnan would be under pressure.