What do we need to get back to the top?

OzGers

Just now, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Do i fuck accept second place. But that's what's happened to our club. If king and co decide to leave. Who is going to step in? We are making losses at the moment. If we're making a loss then who is paying to cover the loss? 

Some fucker with an o level would be good!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Smile said:

Loans are loans calling them soft loans when before they were called crisis loans before change nothing it's still money we dont have and this board cant repay,

We took on three extra lenders/investors to pay back 5 million. we borrowed three million after taking in the season ticket money.

Your dream of a share issue wiping this all away is just that a dream.

A share issue won't fix all the problems. Its a loan, yes. But we won't need to physically pay it back our of the clubs coffers. That will be changed into equity, giving them a firmer grip of the club. I couldn't give a Fuck about king and co I just want Rangers safe and to grow as a business. I don't want us to go back into administration cause if we do, i doubt King would save us. I honestly wished for Sarver if im telling the truth.

A share issue won't fix all the problems. Its a loan, yes. But we won't need to physically pay it back our of the clubs coffers. That will be changed into equity, giving them a firmer grip of the club. I couldn't give a Fuck about king and co I just want Rangers safe and to grow as a business. I don't want us to go back into administration cause if we do, i doubt King would save us. I honestly wished for Sarver if im telling the truth.

Unfortunately, we got the wrong guys in from the start King sat on our board since 2000 and happily watched us get raped How supporters cannot see that i do not know.

This board has lied at every turn and still they are backed over what's good for Rangers.

Scottish football in general is in a fuckin hole when diddy  clubs down there like Bournemouth are reportedly getting 100 million a year on tv rights alone we're seriously getting left behind.

King mentioned  are revenue streams in total was something like 25 -27 million this year I believe that's everything ticket sales sponsoring etc .the marketing side of Rangers and Scottish football needs too fuckin wake up rapidly and start getting our heads in that trough .

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Unfortunately, we got the wrong guys in from the start King sat on our board since 2000 and happily watched us get raped How supporters cannot see that i do not know.

This board has lied at every turn and still they are backed over what's good for Rangers.

You maybe right. But it's the hand we got given. We're stuck with them. The reality is we don't generate enough to go aboit spending that kinda money. For example. If we spend 20 million just on transfers and we fail to win the league. Our losses dramatically rise. 20 million turns into 25 million investment then 30. Its a gamble. People wanting to gamble on champions league money, Forgetting the consequences if we fail. That way is a gamble. Growing the business and increasing our income is guaranteed money every season for Rangers. That's the model King and so are going down. It's obvious.

1 minute ago, loyal said:

Scottish football in general is in a fuckin hole when diddy  clubs down there like Bournemouth are reportedly getting 100 million a year on tv rights alone we're seriously getting left behind.

King mentioned  are revenue streams in total was something like 25 -27 million this year I believe that's everything ticket sales sponsoring etc .the marketing side of Rangers and Scottish football needs too fuckin wake up rapidly and start getting our heads in that trough .

Exactly mate. And people are advocating we spend 20 million on players thinking its just that simple. Rangers as a business is making losses and we cannot afford to spend 20 million on just players for a gamble. That chancer Whyte gambled on us getting into thr champions league and that failed and we ended up in administration. That is what people are asking Rangers to do again....

14 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

You maybe right. But it's the hand we got given. We're stuck with them. The reality is we don't generate enough to go aboit spending that kinda money. For example. If we spend 20 million just on transfers and we fail to win the league. Our losses dramatically rise. 20 million turns into 25 million investment then 30. Its a gamble. People wanting to gamble on champions league money, Forgetting the consequences if we fail. That way is a gamble. Growing the business and increasing our income is guaranteed money every season for Rangers. That's the model King and so are going down. It's obvious.

We have spent 20 million on loans though but not on the pitch King and this board came in on the back of saying they would invest heavily not loans after loans after loans.

There's something wrong after taking in the season ticket money we borrowed 3 million.

Footballs always a gamble we have not gambled merely increased how much money we owe lenders.

11 minutes ago, loyal said:

That's been the reality for a long time now. Nothing new there.

It is for the club, ie. in the board, like any other business to keep abreast of the market place. If you can't keep abreast, you shrink and you die. Them's the rules and the reality. If we are waiting for Scottish foitball to wake up, every club in the land would be awaiting Admin 1, 2 and the rest. The scum speculated and won, reaping the CL windfall. Will our board? Never in a million, because they are not prepared to lose, including not being wealthy enough to lose. Loans to equity, a steady and nice little earner, whilst we neither challenge nor win fuck all. Be prepared for much disappointment whilst they remain in power and whilst they go unchallenged, we deserve what we get.

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have spent 20 million on loans though but not on the pitch King and this board came in on the back of saying they would invest heavily not loans after loans after loans.

Footballs always a gamble we have not gambled merely increased how much money we owe lenders.

Who do we owe money out too? The board? 3 bears? Aren't they all willing to change that all into equity? Was they charging us interest on the loans?

The board have spent. Do you know how much it costs to run a club the size of Rangers? With what's happened to Rangers as a business, it was never going to be as simple as to throw money at it. We're in Scottish football. As a business we've had to start again. What we had before was wiped when we changed company and was forced out of the league and put in division 3. We're making losses and that is why we rely on these loans. Yet... People want to increase our expenditure while we're not making as much as we could.

The difference between the two squads in terms of international experience is night and day. All of the previous squad mentioned were internationals, almost none of the current squad have any international experience whatsoever and that's indicative of the current level and standard of player we have.

I've said before - the entire squad needs to overhauled in order to increase the general standard of player.  One or two positions won't cut it. We will just be 2nd again, though with more room between us and 3rd.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's been the reality for a long time now. Nothing new there.

It is for the club, ie. in the board, like any other business to keep abreast of the market place. If you can't keep abreast, you shrink and you die. Them's the rules and the reality. If we are waiting for Scottish foitball to wake up, every club in the land would be awaiting Admin 1, 2 and the rest. The scum speculated and won, reaping the CL windfall. Will our board? Never in a million, because they are not prepared to lose, including not being wealthy enough to lose. Loans to equity, a steady and nice little earner, whilst we neither challenge nor win fuck all. Be prepared for much disappointment whilst they remain in power and whilst they go unchallenged, we deserve what we get.

I agree with most of what you said. We have go spend. But we cannot afford to spend 20 million when we cannot cover it the expenditure that would follow. Its far to risky to spend that kind of money in the short term and forget the consequences of what follows with the expenditure. Our business is growing and will be stronger. You honestly think the taigs who netted 30 million or so in champions league money are gonna blow all that? There expenditure would go through the roof and they'd also. E making losses. And they're stronger than us business wise and football wise. So what do you think King should do? Spend 20 million in players and neglect the business just to chase glory? Or grow the business then spend when the clib can handle that sort of expenditure?

Who do we owe money out too? The board? 3 bears? Aren't they all willing to change that all into equity? Was they charging us interest on the loans?

The board have spent. Do you know how much it costs to run a club the size of Rangers? With what's happened to Rangers as a business, it was never going to be as simple as to throw mlney at it. We're in Scottish football. As a business we've had to start again. What we had before was wiped when we changed company and was forced out of the league and put in division 3. We're making losses and that is why we rely on these loans. Yet... People want to increase our expenditure while we're not making as much as we could.

You tell me you are the one backing the board so surely you can tell me who on the board has give us loans and how much individually they have all put in ?

How much do we owe the other Lenders? say they need the money back early there is no Guarantees that won't happen.

King has been on the board since 2000 he knew what and how much it cost to run our club as did PM they said they could do this so tell me why they have not come up with the money Promised.

1 minute ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

You maybe right. But it's the hand we got given. We're stuck with them. The reality is we don't generate enough to go aboit spending that kinda money. For example. If we spend 20 million just on transfers and we fail to win the league. Our losses dramatically rise. 20 million turns into 25 million investment then 30. Its a gamble. People wanting to gamble on champions league money, Forgetting the consequences if we fail. That way is a gamble. Growing the business and increasing our income in guaranteed money every season for Rangers. That's the model King and so are going down. It's obvious.

The brass tacks of what you are saying is that we will be fecked for the next 10 years and don't forget the stadium has to be modernised and maintained also. Your argument of it being a gamble is flawed, it's a necessity not a gamble, that's the position a club like Rangers has to in or we will be in the wilderness for at least 10 ten years or possibly more. European football is also changing by the season, a Scottish club might not be in Europe as the top clubs are looking to keep the competition and money to themselves, it's dog eat dog and the longer we are also rans it will definitely hurt us even more. The only business model King has is juggling debt and without real money coming in to Ibrox we will stand still and stagnate.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

You tell me you are the one backing the board so surely you can tell me who on the board has give us loans and how much individually they have all put in ?

How much do we owe the other Lenders? say they need the money back early there is no Guarantees that won't happen.

King has been on the board since 2000 he knew what and how much it cost to run our club as did PM they said they could do this so tell me why they have not come up with the money Promised.

I'm backing nobody but Rangers. That's what my whole point is all about. Where did you get we owe 20 million out too? I figured you're talking about the board, as its coming from the board as they have been covering the losses we make. 

I don't know the board personally so how would i know how much they loaned the club? They wouldn't have loaned the club money if they wanted it back whenever they wanted. As far as I'm led to believe the loans we have are from board members and other investers who are Rangers fans who all accepted the money loaned would be turned into equity when a share issue is issued. As far as i am led to believe those said loans are interest free loans so we're not paying anything back in terms of money. It just means we will be giving them equity in return for the value of the loan. Unless you know more? Then go ahead and tell.

3 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The brass tacks of what you are saying is that we will be fecked for the next 10 years and don't forget the stadium has to be modernised and maintained also. Your argument of it being a gamble is flawed, it's a necessity not a gamble, that's the position a club like Rangers has to in or we will be in the wilderness for at least 10 ten years or possibly more. European football is also changing by the season, a Scottish club might not be in Europe as the top clubs are looking to keep the competition and money to themselves, it's dog eat dog and the longer we are also rans it will definitely hurt us even more. The only business model King has is juggling debt and without real money coming in to Ibrox we will stand still and stagnate.

My argument is not flawed. It really is a gamble to spend money the club cannot by itself cover to buy success. Unless we have rich sugar daddy's who are willing to cover our losses the business would be in jeopardy and eventually folding cause King isn't going to bail us out if the business is out of control.

47 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

The scum did and won. How's that? Are we any less?

In football, not winning is the guarantee that you will shrink the business and this board cannot spell growth. You are aware of the attendances during the Greig years?

I'm backing nobody but Rangers. That's what my whole point is all about. Where did you get we owe 20 million out too? I figured you're talking about the board, as its coming from the board as they have been covering the losses we make. 

I don't know the board personally so how would i know how much they loaned the club? They wouldn't have loaned the club money if they wanted it back whenever they wanted. As far as I'm led to believe the loans we have are from board members and other investers who are Rangers fans who all accepted the money loaned would be turned into equity when a share issue is issued. As far as i am led to believe those said loans are interest free loans so we're not paying anything back in terms of money. It just means we will be giving them equity in return for the value of the loan. Unless you know more? Then go ahead and tell.

So you're not backing the board?  you are needing to re-read some of your posts then.

You said you'd read the accounts? 

Who's told you there would be a share issue is it the same guys who said there would be investment a nomad we would put in millions to challenge the filth. ?

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

He scum did and won. How's that? Are we any less?

In football, not winning is the guarantee that you will shrink the business and this board cannot spell growth. You are aware of the attendances during the Greig years?

I am aware. But that was different. We never went through what we have recently. The taigs are not all that but we are worse. If we are going to catch them then we have to spend wisely not wrecklessly. We have to be smart and get the right players to actually take it to them. And that's where I'm saying we have to invest but not 20 30 or 40 million that some people are crying out for. We cannot manage that sort of deficit if the while plan goes up in smoke and we don't get into the champions league. 

2 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

My argument is not flawed. It really is a gamble to spend money the club cannot by itself cover to buy success. Unless we have rich sugar daddy's who are willing to cover our losses the business would be in jeopardy and eventually folding cause King isn't going to bail us out if the business is out of control.

The business will be in even bigger jeopardy, if we don't hit 40k ST's and that will not be sustained if we don't win fuck all.

I am aware. But that was different. We never went through what we have recently. The taigs are not all that but we are worse. If we are going to catch them then we have to spend wisely not wrecklessly. We have to be smart and get the right players to actually take it to them. And that's where I'm saying we have to invest but not 20 30 or 40 million that some people are crying out for. We cannot manage that sort of deficit if the while plan goes up in smoke and we don't get into the champions league. 

It matters not how we arrived where we are. The bottom line on a financial spreadsheet tells the story.

They are all that and more in comparison to us, with a billionaire and access to CL money year on year. The current situation does not lend us to closing the gap, but actually widening it 

It's a vicious circle. 

We need bums on seats to generate income, those bums on seats demand decent football and trophies, trophies are won by decent players, decent players cost money paid for by bums on seats. 

As soon as something in the circle goes, we are fucked. Simples.