What do we need to get back to the top?

OzGers

1 minute ago, Smile said:

So you're not backing the board?  you are needing to re-read some of your posts then.

You said you'd read the accounts? 

Who's told you there would be a share issue is it the same guys who said there would be investment a nomad we would put in millions to challenge the filth. ?

I never once said i was backing the board. I am stating facts about our financial situation. We're not making money. That is the truth. How do you make a business that's not making money to make money? You invest large sums of money and gamble hoping champions league money will save us. Or do you grow the business? Take a few hits to keep operations growing and slowly build and eventually turn a profit. If we blow 20.million while making a loss and we fail in getting into the champions league. Then what? Another 20.million? While at the same time the clubs losses increase and increase and increase. Who is going to cover those costs? The fans can't. Our season ticket sales cover 17 million. That is simply not enough for that sort of spending.

Regarding the share issue. There has to be one. Otherwise where do we go from here? We need investment and this is how we need to do it. You're acting as if King owns the full club. He's just a shareholder who's chairman. Regarding the Nomad which is related to the stock exchange, that's a different debate. If we was on the stock exchange what's to stop Ashley getting one of his guys to buy shares? Its why the board wanted the votes for resolution 11 so they could control who could buy shares and who couldn't.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The business will be in even bigger jeopardy, if we don't hit 40k ST's and that will not be sustained if we don't win fuck all.

You're acting as if i don't want Rangers to win. I want Rangers to win. But what some are proposing is suicide. I never said we shouldn't invest. We just can't cover 20 million on players and keep the losses down. That's the truth.

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It matters not how we arrived where we are. The bottom line on a financial spreadsheet tells the story.

They are all that and more in comparison to us, with a billionaire and access to CL money year on year. The current situation does not lend us to closing the gap, but actually widening it 

What do you propose without risking the clubs safety? Because we can't do anything right now without risking the club. What we can do is spend some money and grow the business. Which is what the board are doing. They're not going to risk the clubs safety. That's what i am trying to say. Its better having a club than no club. Second is not good enough. We've beaten them before when we was limited with our finances. With a few good signings we can achieve that then try for the champions league group stages and make real money. Growing the business and keeping losses down is what every business strives for. Not reckless spending while the business is making fuck all at present.

1 minute ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

I never once said i was backing the board. I am stating facts about our financial situation. We're not making money. That is the truth. How do you make a business that's not making money to make money? You invest large sums of money and gamble hoping champions league money will save us. Or do you grow the business? Take a few hits to keep operations growing and slowly build and eventually turn a profit. If we blow 20.million while making a loss and we fail in getting into the champions league. Then what? Another 20.million? While at the same time the clubs losses increase and increase and increase. Who is going to cover those costs? The fans can't. Our season ticket sales cover 17 million. That is simply not enough for that sort of spending.

Regarding the share issue. There has to be one. Otherwise where do we go from here? We need investment and this is how we need to do it. You're acting as if King owns the full club. He's just a shareholder who's chairman. Regarding the Nomad which is related to the stock exchange, that's a different debate. If we was on the stock exchange what's to stop Ashley getting one of his guys to buy shares? Its why the board wanted the votes for resolution 11 so they could control who could buy shares and who couldn't.

And thank fuck they didn't or we would never be rid of this dishonourable chancer.

The problem isn't Ashley, as he's only the useful bogey man to scare us all with, but is with the dishonourable DCK. 

So by your premise, a business remains off the stock exchange because of a bogey man? Are you for real?  DCK really has done a job on you ffs!

Just now, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

My argument is not flawed. It really is a gamble to spend money the club cannot by itself cover to buy success. Unless we have rich sugar daddy's who are willing to cover our losses the business would be in jeopardy and eventually folding cause King isn't going to bail us out if the business is out of control.

Most clubs are out of control even with 100 million in tv money coming in, it's the reality, it's like buying a F1 team and only being able to afford one engine, it ain't gonna work!!!, your argument supports a second rate football club not one challenging for the top honours and if King and co. can't bail Rangers out why are they controlling Rangers, that's another flawed situation, your whole argument is flawed just like Kings promises, the real truth came out in his biggest lie, 50 million investment and that's what it is going to take to put Rangers back at the top and if we don't get the investment then we really are a flawed gem.

9 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

What do you propose without risking the clubs safety? Because we can't do anything right now without risking the club. What we can do is spend some money and grow the business. Which is what the board are doing. They're not going to risk the clubs safety. That's what i am trying to say. Its better having a club than no club. Second is not good enough. We've beaten them before when we was limited with our finances. With a few good signings we can achieve that then try for the champions league group stages and make real money. Growing the business and keeping losses down is what every business strives for. Not reckless spending while the business is making fuck all at present.

Growing what exactly? You do understand that there is no transparent or coherent plan or strategy in place to take us where we are going and in what timeframe, which in reality means we are going nowhere until this current shower cash in their chips, right?

The alternative is to rid us of the abomination that is DCK of SARS infamy. Why do you think we are no longer listed anywhere?!

Get in a Chairman or investor who is willing to get us listed and raise funds. Get in one who actually is the real deal in being a professional with a track record and not one who pretended to be a CA and tried to defraud the SARS of tens of millions.

Get in one that actually knows how to create wealth and isn't a liar.

Get in one that even resides in the same continent, such is our predicament.

3 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Most clubs are out of control even with 100 million in tv money coming in, it's the reality, it's like buying a F1 team and only being able to afford one engine, it ain't gonna work!!!, your argument supports a second rate football club not one challenging for the top honours and if King and co. can't bail Rangers out why are they controlling Rangers, that's another flawed situation, your whole argument is flawed just like Kings promises, the real truth came out in his biggest lie, 50 million investment and that's what it is going to take to put Rangers back at the top and if we don't get the investment then we really are a flawed gem.

You can't really compare Rangers to an F1 team. Firstly you need a car and that requires more than just an engine. Its totally different. This is football you play with 11 players. We have 11 players, albeit some are shite. I can argue with you but i don't think you'll understand ehay i am trying to say. Not once is my argument directed for a second rate team. I've said we need to spend and prepare to take losses, which is what we're doing. But people on here want us to spend 20 million just on players, forgetting about the other expenses the club will have to cover. Its nonsensical that idea. 

King said it would take 50.million, 30 he was willing to put in. Did he know the extent of how bad Rangers was as a business then? No... He may have been on the board years ago when we was making money than 27 million a year in turnover. That's the reality of it. We make no money and you're wanting Rangers to spend vasts amount of money that we don't actually have and forget the security of the club? 

Again, i don't expect you to understand my argument. 

The reality is that we have a squad made up of rejects and out of contract players from, at the time, league one teams,Hearts and a couple of, in football years, pensioners, a couple of serial sick notes and a non goal scoring striker who did cost money.

We cannot go down the Walter Smith route of spending £15 to £20 million to make a team which could win the league. The turnover is not there, the ability or willingness of anyone to donate millions to enable this is not going to happen.

There is no sugar daddy suddenly going to appear, sponsorship is going to be difficult because we are a toxic brand run by  an untrustworthy chairman aided by a seriously devious failure in business. The bravado and boasts of investment is not going to happen; someone with only 15% share is not going to throw money at the club with no hope of a return and, as has been said our turnover and costs, could not logically justify this.

Second place is the best we can hope for and this will be the case for a long time and european cash is a pipe dream.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Growing what exactly? You do understand that there is no transparent or coherent plan or strategy in place to take us where we are going and in what timeframe, which in reality means we are going nowhere until this current shower cash in their chips, right?

The alternative is to rid us of the abomination that is DCK of SARS infamy. Why do you think we are no longer listed anywhere?!

Get in a Chairman or investor who is willing to get us listed and raise funds. Get in one who actually is the real deal in being a professional with a track record and not one who pretended to be a CA and tried to defraud the SARS of tens of millions.

Get in one that actually knows how to create wealth and isn't a liar.

Get in one that even resides in the same continent, such is our predicament.

If it was that easy. We'd have people willing to buy Rangers. If its as easy as you think it is. Why don't you start a, "Get King to fuck" protest and see who if anyone will come to the rescue if you get your wish? Sarver was our best shot. We fucked that because of Ashley. 

How about we try play a formation which suits. This 4-3-3 doesn't work with the players that we have. We need a couple of big strong ball winning midfielders who will not pull out of tackles. Fed up watching players like McKay, Holt, Halliday and Tav pull out of tackles every week. Also we we defend we seem to defend spaces rather than close players down,  I dont know if the manager thinks that if we close the angles for the person to pass the ball then we are doing well, the amount of times I have seen an opposition player travel 10-15 yards in our half unchallenged is a joke. If we are going to stick with Garner then you need o have players who make runs past him and expect him to win flick ons, he might not be a popular choice but with his pace MOH could do this, we dont seem to have anyone else who is willing to do it. Kenny Miller needs to be thanked for his services and shown the down at the end of the season, as much he has done well for us we have started giving him a game for the sake of it by playing him in midfield, his legs are gone. Defense wise Hodson will do a job at right back, Wilson and Kiernan are a mistake waiting to happen but having Hill talk him through the last few games we have seen an improvement. I think we would see a massive difference in the defense in they had a half decent midfield in front of them.

Credit where its due must go to big Foderingham what a difference this year. Pulling off vital saves and commanding his area, I had my concerns but he has proved me wrong 

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

And thank fuck they didn't or we would never be rid of this dishonourable chancer.

The problem isn't Ashley, as he's only the useful bogey man to scare us all with, but is with the dishonourable DCK. 

So by your premise, a business remains off the stock exchange because of a bogey man? Are you for real?  DCK really has done a job on you ffs!

Lol, King has not done any job on me. Man i don't know where to begin with this. I've said before i couldn't give a fuck about King. Rangers is my priority. You rather spend wrecklessly and gamble on our club. I prefer to invest but not the sums that people are asking for. That would kill the business ffs. 

You tell me why King hasn't put us on the stock exchange then? Go ahead. 

Ashley could hire anyone from the street and give him money to invest into Rangers and immediately he'd have control over Rangers. The same mob that worked with Ashley chased Sarver tae fuck when he tried to buy the club. 

You can believe what you want. So long as Rangers are safe and not in trouble which you're proposing. If you ask me. I think we can spend 5 million and still control to a degree our losses, without riskinf the club. The club is growing every single day. We will have more income coming in. 

8 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

The reality is that we have a squad made up of rejects and out of contract players from, at the time, league one teams,Hearts and a couple of, in football years, pensioners, a couple of serial sick notes and a non goal scoring striker who did cost money.

We cannot go down the Walter Smith route of spending £15 to £20 million to make a team which could win the league. The turnover is not there, the ability or willingness of anyone to donate millions to enable this is not going to happen.

There is no sugar daddy suddenly going to appear, sponsorship is going to be difficult because we are a toxic brand run by  an untrustworthy chairman aided by a seriously devious failure in business. The bravado and boasts of investment is not going to happen; someone with only 15% share is not going to throw money at the club with no hope of a return and, as has been said our turnover and costs, could not logically justify this.

Second place is the best we can hope for and this will be the case for a long time and european cash is a pipe dream.

Exactly. Thank Fuck someone actually gets where I'm coming from.

6 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

If it was that easy. We'd have people willing to buy Rangers. If its as easy as you think it is. Why don't you start a, "Get King to fuck" protest and see who if anyone will come to the rescue if you get your wish? Sarver was our best shot. We fucked that because of Ashley. 

The sad part is, that if there is a stalking horse out there, they only have to wait until DCKingco are no longer willing to continue with the loans and they then take us for a song. The whole fucking world know we are in a financial predicament, so unless it'sRangers men, why should any investor worth his salt come along, show his hand and make DCK rich ffs, when they know he hasn't the financial muscle to sustain losses? King's only chance of making money is if he sells us and through his under funding, he is certainly not here to make us great agaiin. Look at the quality of player we have ffs!

10 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

We fucked it because of King!

Lol, King has not done any job on me. Man i don't know where to begin with this. I've said before i couldn't give a fuck about King. Rangers is my priority. You rather spend wrecklessly and gamble on our club. I prefer to invest but not the sums that people are asking for. That would kill the business ffs. 

You tell me why King hasn't put us on the stock exchange then? Go ahead. 

Ashley could hire anyone from the street and give him money to invest into Rangers and immediately he'd have control over Rangers. The same mob that worked with Ashley chased Sarver tae fuck when he tried to buy the club. 

You can believe what you want. So long as Rangers are safe and not in trouble which you're proposing. If you ask me. I think we can spend 5 million and still control to a degree our losses, without riskinf the club. The club is growing every single day. We will have more income coming in. 

As I said!

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

So therefore, you are settling for second best, to be forever in the shadow of the scum. Simples.

The reality is we cannot do what we once did. We was on par with them. 4 years in the lowrr divisions and administration fucking destroyed Rangers as a business. We're in the first season back in the top league and cunts are expecting immediate challenges to those cunts when they're as a business turning profits. They didn't go through what Rangers did. I will never accept second. But ffs open your eyes. We cannot on a financial point compete with them. Not yet.... But your answer is to Chuck money at it. The same fucking thing that got us in this mess in the first place.

We are a club that need a 20m  transfer  budget, we also need someone  to be able to  invest  20m , the tims are miles ahead of us at the moment and their scatter gun approach  to transfers have uncovered  a few good  players that they have sold on for a tidy profit, they pay higher wages  all on the back of champion league  money because they invest  in  the team to get to the champions  league  ?.... I know we don't want to go back to where we were spending  more than we can afford  but we need to speculate  to accumulate  I feel we need that push to get us up there , this season a cb  and jotta to finish  second  next season  at least another 5/6 to challenge  the tims.  So Mr King it's all down to you you made your promise  to us with your £30m +  back it up or let someone else  try. We have backed  you with our season  tickets . We deserve  Better.

56 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

You have no stated a fact yet. other than you believe the board in what they say. I will ask again what makes you believe in them now. ?

How many times do you need you pocket picked before you say enough is enough.

9 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Start a campaign then. Get King out of our club. If you can guarantee a rich cunt who is willong to pump millions into us and grow Rangers as a business I'll join you right now!

I'm sure Rangers now in the Spl are a more attractive proposition. But with the debt this boards run up most Businessmen will run a mile.

You can't really compare Rangers to an F1 team. Firstly you need a car and that requires more than just an engine. Its totally different. This is football you play with 11 players. We have 11 players, albeit some are shite. I can argue with you but i don't think you'll understand ehay i am trying to say. Not once is my argument directed for a second rate team. I've said we need to spend and prepare to take losses, which is what we're doing. But people on here want us to spend 20 million just on players, forgetting about the other expenses the club will have to cover. Its nonsensical that idea. 

King said it would take 50.million, 30 he was willing to put in. Did he know the extent of how bad Rangers was as a business then? No... He may have been on the board years ago when we was making money than 27 million a year in turnover. That's the reality of it. We make no money and you're wanting Rangers to spend vasts amount of money that we don't actually have and forget the security of the club? 

Again, i don't expect you to understand my argument. 

If you can't afford engines for a season you shouldn't be running a racing team, just like running a football team, nothing different between the two sports.

Rangers never made any money, at one point we were 90 million in debt on paper, which suddenly went to 18 million of debt which King was offered to buy Rangers, but king would only buy if the 18 million would disappear, it wouldn't so he backed off, why, because he does not have the clout to run a football club the size of Rangers which at that time had the resources to compete at the highest levels and he fine well knew how much it took to run Rangers.

Here is the bottom line under King, Rangers are fucked and getting more fucked by the day and will stayed fucked and his so called business model will ensure we stay fucked for years to come, offering up a fucked argument for a fucking liar is brainwashing of the highest order in trying to tell me you understand Kings business model as being correct and proper, remember this is the man who refused Rangers at a cheap price and then when the damage was done he came in on the cheap cheap and and is running Rangers on the cheap and the realities of buying cheap it costs you more in the long run.

I don't care for your argument for Kings business model, it adds up to the sum total of nothing and I don't see anybody investing in Rangers with him at the club, as for Ashley, he is still hovering about interestingly enough, who knows.