Club 1872 Hogmanay Statement

eskbankloyal

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I thought not. So its a decent statement, but warning police scotland to be aware of something they have no control over - and is probably not even breaking the law -  seems kind of pointless to me.

Mibee not much thought gone into that point.

40 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Great statement really like it 

however

my issue is (like Hampden) when the police ignore it all and take action on rangers fans the likes of c1872 won't follow it up and defend us 

they've got their pre emptive thing in and that's that 

we need the follow up 

until the follow up happens I'll hold my upmost praise 

I share your sentiments, but I do see D'Art making progress and it can't be easy.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I share your sentiments, but I do see D'Art making progress and it can't be easy.

Don't care about dart or individuals we need a general get behind the fans in the aftermath 

tha wont happen 

prove me wrong someone please 

"Police Scotland are now fully aware of the residual anger amongst our support and the growing movement amongst our members to further restrict the number of tickets allocated to the away support in respect of this fixture as a consequence of events at Parkhead earlier this season."

This is interesting 

Have C1872 told the club they want to restrict the number of bheasts?

I really don't see that this is a police matter

4 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

"Police Scotland are now fully aware of the residual anger amongst our support and the growing movement amongst our members to further restrict the number of tickets allocated to the away support in respect of this fixture as a consequence of events at Parkhead earlier this season."

This is interesting 

I think the police would severly fight against any changes to the allocations etc but agree it isn't a police matter in this situation. 

I would imagine any decision to approach the club about restricting the allocation would have to stem from a vote of the membership. 

18 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

This is interesting 

It will be if it comes to fruition and affects segregation arrangments.

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

so what point are we trying to make with this statement then Dart:

Its not a dig Im just trying to ascertain what point we are making to the Police

4 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

If Rangers were to give them the corner the same as the sheep, hearts etc get it's not an issue for the police

Going back to the question - have C1872 raised it with the club and what was the response?

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Great statement really like it 

however

my issue is (like Hampden) when the police ignore it all and take action on rangers fans the likes of c1872 won't follow it up and defend us 

they've got their pre emptive thing in and that's that 

we need the follow up 

until the follow up happens I'll hold my upmost praise 

I woud concur Kai - follow up is critical imo, particularly if assurances are given and then not delivered

58 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don't care about dart or individuals we need a general get behind the fans in the aftermath 

tha wont happen 

prove me wrong someone please 

Have C1872 asked Police Scotland why more Rangers than Hibs fans appear to have been arrested after the Scottish Cup final? There didn't appear to be any "fair handedness" there.

I appreciate what C1872 are trying to do but I honestly believe it will make little or no difference  :depressed:

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

"Furthermore the importance of respecting the  minute silence associated with this fixture was emphatically emphasised to Police Scotland."

Can the Police actually do anything if the minutes silence is not respected?

Depends on how it is done. We will have to wait and see.

37 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

so what point are we trying to make with this statement then Dart:

Its not a dig Im just trying to ascertain what point we are making to the Police

The answer is in the thread already Cush, but if you cant find it feel free to Pm me.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

say they all clap? thats a suggestions doing the rounds for them to be seen to be doing something - just not the silence.

Then no, however it just highlights how petty and vile they are as they will be on tv around the world and you know Sky will mention what the silence is for.

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Then no, however it just highlights how petty and vile they are as they will be on tv around the world and you know Sky will mention what the silence is for.

Just out of interest BNB what woud your take be on this from Lord Advocates Guidelines relating to OBFA...

Screenshot_253.png

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

Police Scotland will only be targeting one set of fans on Saturday and it won't be the cunts with hygiene issues.

"Deeds are mightier than words" believe it when I see it

Sturgeons Stormtroopers will be targeting the bears as usual

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

"Furthermore the importance of respecting the  minute silence associated with this fixture was emphatically emphasised to Police Scotland."

Can the Police actually do anything if the minutes silence is not respected?

Clearly nothing at all, but it is the likely aftermath they will have to deal with if (and when)  the Greenians take the piss.

22 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Just out of interest BNB what woud your take be on this from Lord Advocates Guidelines relating to OBFA...

Screenshot_253.png

That one should not sing about supporting terrorists, nor mock the dead, nor act in an offensive manner including sectarianism.