Forrester

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It was a Facebook clip, I couldn't bear to watch anymore but I will watch Kennys miss if someone posts it 

I think Peter Lovenkrands was doing the co-commentary, would have been interested in what he had to say; I can't bear it though, it's too much. That was a great cross from Andy Halliday  for Miller, I'm sure it was Halliday. I thought that was going in.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think Peter Lovenkrands was doing the co-commentary, would have been interested in what he had to say; I can't bear it though, it's too much. That was a great cross from Andy Halliday  for Miller, I'm sure it was Halliday. I thought that was going in.

Yes I'm sure it was Halliday also. As soon as Kenny connected/missconnected I thought it was missing. In that half a second I was willing it in or even after it, someone being sharper to get on the 2nd ball as it came off the post. A bad bad miss even worse than HF or MW not making the pass.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

Yes I'm sure it was Halliday also. As soon as Kenny connected/missconnected I thought it was missing. In that half a second I was willing it in or even after it, someone being sharper to get on the 2nd ball as it came off the post. A bad bad miss even worse than HF or MW not making the pass.

Did you not feel we were going to score; I felt the goal was coming. We had a good period when the atmosphere lifted as well. You could see the players respond to that. There was a period in the second half were we had much of the match again. Waghorn was as poor as I've ever saw him, he seemed to have no pace whatsoever; that was frustrating because he was in good positions at times.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Did you not feel we were going to score; I felt the goal was coming. We had a good period when the atmosphere lifted as well. You could see the players respond to that. There was a period in the second half were we had much of the match again. Waghorn was as poor as I've ever saw him, he seemed to have no pace whatsoever; that was frustrating because he was in good positions at times.

I thought we needed the 2nd goal when we were dominating in the 1st half. We had to score at that point as I knew they would have had their spell. 

I can remember Clint Hill in the 2nd half rousing each stand to get us going and yes the players responded but they weren't clinical enough when it mattered. Poor play at both ends for us.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

I thought we needed the 2nd goal when we were dominating in the 1st half. We had to score at that point as I knew they would have had their spell. 

I can remember Clint Hill in the 2nd half rousing each stand to get us going and yes the players responded but they weren't clinical enough when it mattered. Poor play at both ends for us.

I agree. I think Holt had a chance, going purely from memory, to put a ball through that could have seen us go 2-0 up. The second goal looked on for a bit. Waghorn was off the pace. McKay was brilliant. They ended up doubling up on him, but he was still a handful. Playing like that, McKay is special- I've never saw Barrie use a change of pace the way he did yesterday; I think that might be a new thing to his game. 

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Have to disagree about the miss being as not making the pass...thats unfair.

Miller got into a great position and fluffed his lines, Bad bad miss but it happens.

Waghorn and Forresters chances on the other hand were so self centred it borders on the unforgiveable. Slide in McKay or Dodoo and we score, simple.

They saw the headlines and put themselfs before the team.

21 hours ago, bam74 said:

He's Acrington Stanley quality. End of. Looked so out of his depth. Nothing to do with fitness. How anyone thinks guys like this are good enough to to play for us is beyond me. The sooner MW realises players from the lower English leagues aren't the answer the better. 

For such a big guy he doesn't have any dig in a tackle either.  Was hugely disappointed with him throughout. 

10 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Have to disagree about the miss being as not making the pass...thats unfair.

Miller got into a great position and fluffed his lines, Bad bad miss but it happens.

Waghorn and Forresters chances on the other hand were so self centred it borders on the unforgiveable. Slide in McKay or Dodoo and we score, simple.

They saw the headlines and put themselfs before the team.

The pass was made and Kenny missed it and it's not to say Dodoo or McKay would have scored either.

3 chances which sadly should have been buried ?

On 31/12/2016 at 2:29 PM, Bluenose88 said:

Agreed. And for me Tav was posted missing for the second goal. Thought Rob was going to smash him. 

Still literally no idea wtf Tav is doing for their second? Stood on his own in the middle of the box watching everything unfold in front of him. 

9 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Still literally no idea wtf Tav is doing for their second? Stood on his own in the middle of the box watching everything unfold in front of him. 

Tav should have been subbed at ht but sadly we have a manager too stuck in his ways.

think the abuse in this thread is a bit over the top, yes he should of played the pass but can you blame him for trying to score? the lad had only been on the pitch 10 mins he prob thought he had a point to prove to MW for not picking him to start and for me I think hes a better player than Halliday and should be starting, never the less he should of passed it.

we lost that game because we cant defend as a team. to blame one player for making a bad decision is just madness.

This isn't the first time Harry has tried to score instead of making a simple pass. Both he and Waghorn should be ashamed, although you could argue that Martyn had his head down and didn't see Barrie (in which case he just isn't good enough). Harry had no such excuses.

Kenny's miss.... I have no idea how to describe that.

I'm still gutted as they were there for the taking. 

This isn't the first time Harry has tried to score instead of making a simple pass. Both he and Waghorn should be ashamed, although you could argue that Martin had his head down and didn't see Barrie (in which case he just isn't good enough). Harry had no such excuses.

Kenny's miss.... I have no idea how to describe that.

I'm still gutted as they were there for the taking. 

I honestly don't think he looked up He had just one thing on his mind and that was to run at their defence and have a shot . he's been sat on the bench for the best part of a month and comes on with about 7 mins of normal time left

Waggy is the real culprit for being a greedy fucker even when  the angle is dire he seems to shot rather than square the ball 

Waghorn never really had the ball under control when he was running through, so I think he was trying to get it under and his eyes were on the ball. Probably never seem McKay coming in at the back post until it was too late.

With Forrester, it is simply lack of ability - decision making at the vital times.  If that is someone like Davis or Ferguson running through, we guarantee the ball is being put through to the striker. 

Plenty of chances to win that game, our time will come.