McKay

G.E.C.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gazza1212 said:

Why why why does he insist in playing this Wee guy out wide? He's got the feet and the brain to cause havoc in the no. 10 position. Took their defense to the cleaners Evey time he got the ball , surely to fuck he's worth a run through the middle especially if we're overloaded with wingers.

Said it for months

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Another superb performance today, got to give him tremendous credit after his start to the season. 

2 hours ago, WGOH said:

Best player on the park by a mile, wee man did not deserve to be on the Losing side. 

I have been his biggest critic, outstanding today, in the true sense of the word.

The two flicks over the heads of the enemy - brilliant!

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Pretty frustrating as there's obviously a good footballer there but he just decides when to show up

Not true at all I think the problem early in the season was he had played so many games last season and at his age needed time to rest but because he got called up to the Scotland team and the season started earlier he never got that rest it's no surprise after spending a month or two on the bench he's back to his best

43 minutes ago, left winger said:

Going forward he was good, struggle to fault him. However, he had two chances to show heart just before the second goal. Had he taken either we wouldn't have lost the goal.

I thought that at first with one of them were he pulled up but it can just result in losing a good player to injury. The only one I remember was around the half way line so not in immediate danger where I would want any player to go into the crunch regardless. Wingers are usually lighter players and not so strong as defenders either. But he's still more or less a youth so I think he'd have come off worse than Lustig I think it was. I remember Lovenkrands used to take some stick for the same but I think it must sometimes to avoid needless injuries as it seems to be these type of players who pull out of challenges the most so it can't be just a lack of heart in them.

Thought the boy showed flashes of Laudrup today in the way he was using his close control at pace to set the defenders out of balance with each other before going for the gap. Its skilful as fuck to be able to do that. More so than just beating a man. At times he was making a total cunt out of experienced internationals. This wee guy could turn out to be a gem if we can get him to reach his potential.

If he does he's the only one Warburton will ever be interested in signing again after he leaves Rangers.    

Absolutely superb performance by him, and Warburton definitely made the right decision to take him out of the spot light for a while. He's came back into the team totally reinvigorated. That's the best way to answer all the critics out there - a few others in our team this season could take a leaf out of his book!

2 hours ago, markem said:

I have been his biggest critic, outstanding today, in the true sense of the word.

The two flicks over the heads of the enemy - brilliant!

The great thing is he only does it with a clear purpose. I noticed that wee guy Roberts trying to be flash by doing some kind of repeated pull-backs on the ball at one point but it seemed to be for nothing but show as he was stationary and had no need to hold the ball up because he had team mates ahead of him. The best players are effective and don't waste their time with that sort of nonsense.

I think that boy Roberts is a good prospect so I'm not doing him down due to him being with them. Oduwa had the worse case of it were all his footwork would lead to fuck all. Its good to see McKay has already cut that stuff out of his game as young gifted players usually can't help themselves. If he develops well it will save us a right few quid too as the likes of defenders or midfield grunters who are cheaper and so should be easier to find for us. That's why I don't mind so much if they don't throw themselves into rash challenges in advanced areas.

That goal he scored against them in the semi-final means this boy has the potential as a right good one as that wee Mgheady or whatever they were all raving about couldn't score many goals never mind those kind.

Just shite he never hit another one right enough but definitely one of the few positives today. Hope he makes it at Rangers because that's the sort of exciting style of play we all want to see.