McKay

G.E.C.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

If he could just be consistent then he would be some player. Hopefully that comes to his game because he has everything else.

Well this is the problem with him. How long will it be until we see another shift like that from him?

Certainly showed what he's capable of today though. He was a joy to watch and absolutely roasted that Lustig on more than one occasion. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Well this is the problem with him. How long will it be until we see another shift like that from him?

Certainly showed what he's capable of today though. He was a joy to watch and absolutely roasted that Lustig on more than one occasion. 

People say he lacks confidence, I don't agree, I think he needs to play with the determination he did today; ie, be more direct etc. He has played well in the last few matches, apart from the Inverness one.

51 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

There will be a bid for him in January. He just ripped the piss against a champions league team  - people will take notice of that.

Hopefully not mate but your right about ripping the piss. I'd be embarrassed if I was that big Swede.  

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

Hopefully not mate but your right about ripping the piss. I'd be embarrassed if I was that big Swede.  

Think we should refuse any bid for him unless it's an offer we can't refuse. Still think he has a lot to offer and could become better with more experience.

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

Full experienced international as well with 55 appearances... someone will have clocked that he got the pish taken out him all day by McKay its a certainty

I thought McKay could've done a bit better at the 2nd goal, he let that wee gypsy looking cunt get the ball then slid it through, I'm not saying he was at fault for the goal but had he tried to get the ball off that Roberts then maybe it could've been prevented. I still think he's inconsistent just now and he can't play the best every game but if he maybe just had a wee bit more heart he would be an awesome player worth 10 million easily. My wee boy who is 6 thinks he's the best player he's ever seen,used to be Halliday but that's another story anyway my other boy 10 said to us that if McKay played in England  then he would be far better with more time on the ball instead of hammer throwers wanting to just go through him and the ball. There's definitely a class player in there somewhere. 

He needs a bit of savvy about him.

When his marker gets booked he should be targeting him for one on ones and drawing further bookings. As an ex defender, if you're on a booking it's horrible having a player run at you time and again.

At times physically he can appear weak, in the tackle, but this mental strength to get hit and return time and again for more would be the making of him for me.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He needs a bit of savvy about him.

When his marker gets booked he should be targeting him for one on ones and drawing further bookings. As an ex defender, if you're on a booking it's horrible having a player run at you time and again.

At times physically he can appear weak, in the tackle, but this mental strength to get hit and return time and again for more would be the making of him for me.

I think he's added something to his game this season, evident today, and that's the ability to change his pace. I'm not sure I've seen that in the previous seasons. That ability to switch his pace will be quite an asset. 

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He'll be sold and the money will be used to bring in more duds from the lower tiers of England. 

Or spent on Paul Murray's hair.

He won't be sold until we can get £20M for him; then DK will pocket it to regain his alleged loss and ride off into the sunset.

44 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Full experienced international as well with 55 appearances... someone will have clocked that he got the pish taken out him all day by McKay its a certainty

Yeah true. Its that shite being a Scottish club these days were you almost don't mind if they go off form. If I was Rangers manager I'd end up playing them out of position just to make him look shite once titles were won or if I new scouts where in attendance. How times have changed. I remember going to see family down here as a youngster and most fans knew all about us because we used to take their players.

When I first met an Everton mate of mine a few years ago, he still had a grudge against us for Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens, and Ball :lol:

But the money would need to be incredible considering what he could be worth in a few years and the job he could do long-term even if he never reaches the levels we think he's capable of. Look at the money they muppets have got for the likes of that wee traitor who didn't even want to represent his own country and he couldn't even shoot. 

Just a shame most teams sit in so much as it must be frustrating as fuck for a Rangers winger. Think that's probably another reason why its difficult for him to have consistently good games.

He showed some great skills out there. Improve his consistency and the world is his oyster. Personally I think he is gone at the end of the season. Think he'll shine even more with a better team. Sad thing is, King won't be hard to deal with on selling, whereas the scum would get double the price for him if he were there. We'll be able to get 6 duds in for his fee.

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Worrying thing about McKay is in the summer he only has a year left on his contract, we need to tie him down long term

It will be interesting if we negotiate a new deal with him in January, because he is the only player we have with serious sell on value. Think he will go in the summer one way or another.

I thought Barrie was amazing today going forward and by far our most likely player. However..... and this is prob a more slight on the gaffer than him. He can't be the left hand side as a 3 at the back. He clearly can't defend (and in his defence, he'll probably never claim to or want to be a defender!!). He was a big part in us losing the winner (again he's not a defender) and I know he wants to be going the other way, but warbs had him as cover for the left but he clearly can't cover that position. I don't want to be too harsh on the boy but I thought he was hung out to dry today by warbs. Everything is great in hindsight but I thought hodson playing the left of a 5 (both ways, maybe more defensively minded) and without a doubt McKay on the  left of a 3 would have worked better. I think 3 of they cunts got a yellow for fouls on the wee man. Either way, fuck it. We are Glasgow Rangers!! I know it's becoming a story here but I told my wee girl today at 1-0, we,re doing these bassas (she's only 11). We will be back, shit like this hurts like fuck but WE ARE THE PEOPLE and my wee barra along with many on here will remember and take strength from these days when we laud above that vermin once again. Have a great new year bears ????

Their right back was beaten time after time by a vastly superior player. Even when he cut inside he beat each one and none could match his pace. They constantly blatantly fouled him. Mckay is a fuckin brilliant player who will only get better when surrounded by players better than what we have at the moment.

9 minutes ago, VallancesDog said:

He almost did a Davie Cooper near the sideline... in the air over one, in the air over two.

Played fantastic today. Albeit kicked all over the park..

Aye clips of this. Looked magic from the stands but in cr2 I was a fair bit away when it happened

Great performance fae McKay and Fod they didn't deserve 2b on the losing team. Said all along what a great player McKay is so much skill and can pick out a good pass. Hope we hold onto him as without him we'd be completely fucked! 

I've stuck by the guy all season even when I was getting slated for it whilst everyone was calling him shite. His talent is obvious, he's still young and learning the game, wingers are notoriously inconsistent. His passing is especially good for a wide player which is why I've said he would be a good option through the middle to drive forward and play through balls to the forwards