McKay

G.E.C.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Jb85 said:

Brilliant today. There should be more done about that pull back from Lustig. Try stamp those out the game. Not just saying that cos it was them. 

They should introduce a 5 min sin bin for this he was away and in the clear until the taiga pulled his shirt 

Just now, Carsons Dog said:

In our current circumstances what sort of fee would the board accept for him if a bid was made this window?

£1, £2, £3 million?

That's the worry mate.  A decent offer and he's probably gone?  Certainly.. needs more consistency.. but the talent is obviously there...

1 minute ago, delamonty said:

That's the worry mate.  A decent offer and he's probably gone?  Certainly.. needs more consistency.. but the talent is obviously there...

You can just see Premier League managers watching that yesterday, knowing we are on the bones of our arse and thinking a speculative low bid might tempt the board to save them putting any more cash in.

It's a shame he was the only attcking positive at times. His first touch is absolutely phenomenal. They did not know how to handle him. The way he just gets away from 2 and 3 players at the one time looks so easy. We need to keep nurturing him and who knows where he can go 

21 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Him and Holt were the 2 best players today. 

Holt did well considering he was doing to job of 2 players as Windass wasn't interested. 

Holt one of the best players today? You taking the piss yeah?

i like his hard work but given his role in the team 0 goals and 0 assists this season is a shocker.

16 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He needs a bit of savvy about him.

When his marker gets booked he should be targeting him for one on ones and drawing further bookings. As an ex defender, if you're on a booking it's horrible having a player run at you time and again.

At times physically he can appear weak, in the tackle, but this mental strength to get hit and return time and again for more would be the making of him for me.

The whole lot of them need to wisen up to your (good) point mate - we are simply to nice at times.

The second Brown was booked we should have systematically targeted him, took turns at getting in his ear, little elbows etc - every snide tactic in the book and we would have drew another yellow from him.  Rather than do that we allowed him yards of space to play in and made him look like a good player - he strolled about the middle of the park.  Very frustrating.

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

If he played for Celtic he'd be a £20m superstar. Can see someone offering about £1.5m for him and King thinking hes won a watch. 

Totally agree but being realistic I think we should accept less than 5m for him he only has 18months left on contract so either this window or next he will be gone or we risk losing him for a small fee or even nothing except a development fee! I just hope we get a decent fee to reinvest in the squad

Just now, GeeSS said:

Totally agree but being realistic I think we should accept less than 5m for him he only has 18months left on contract so either this window or next he will be gone or we risk losing him for a small fee or even nothing except a development fee! I just hope we get a decent fee to reinvest in the squad

That is shouldn't accept less than 5m !!!!

Outstanding the wee man was but i felt wee should have used him alot  more especially when that lustig cunt got booked. Everytime he ran at him he had him on toast. 

Superb talent

However some of the comments on here were a total disgrace regarding McKay a couple of months back.

He WILL hit a slump again as thats what happens with young players however i just hope some folk can realise that we have  a huge talent  on our books rather than rip the guy to shreds on a fans forum.

7 hours ago, KeepBelieving1872 said:

Holt one of the best players today? You taking the piss yeah?

i like his hard work but given his role in the team 0 goals and 0 assists this season is a shocker.

He didn't do anything spectacular but near enough every time we got in behind them it stemmed from his movement allowing for a pass that cut them open

On Sat Dec 31 2016 at 4:15 PM, Jb85 said:
On Sat Dec 31 2016 at 4:15 PM, Jb85 said:

Brilliant today. There should be more done about that pull back from Lustig. Try stamp those out the game. Not just saying that cos it was them. 

At the time, I thought, "WTF... a Taig tryin to pull down a wee  guy's pants from behind?? Whit next?"