Midfield

BigBearButt

I see the usual slating of the defence however the majority of pressure comes from the fact our midfield is fucking hopeless. As soon as we lose a goal the cowards go into hiding. 

Halliday is gash, holt isnt strong enough and windass doesnt look fit. They dont help the defence and create fuck all for the attackers.

We need to buy a whole midfield in january.

The midfield is pathetic. Halliday is fucking useless, beyond useless. A slow, shite footballer and a shitebag. Holy appeared now and again with some positivity but was anonymous for the most part and Windass got involved enough and shouldn't have been took off. 

Now compare that to Brown, Armstrong and McGregor and it's quite scary. All 3 of them played their part and deserved the 3 points. 

Just now, King Jela said:

The midfield is pathetic. Halliday is fucking useless, beyond useless. A slow, shite footballer and a shitebag. Holy appeared now and again with some positivity but was anonymous for the most part and Windass got involved enough and shouldn't have been took off. 

Now compare that to Brown, Armstrong and McGregor and it's quite scary. All 3 of them played their part and deserved the 3 points. 

I was gutted when they signed Armstrong. He is a very good player.

For me the midfield is costing us games. We can't hold the ball at all because we are shite under pressure and too lightweight to hold off any challenges.

With a better midfield the defence wouldn't be tested as often and the strikers would get more chances (but we lack quality up front too)

1 minute ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Haliday should just fuck off. Hopeless and looks uninterested. 

He did play in fantastic pass for Miller which hit the post. I think he is more a box to box rather than trying to plan a holding role which he had never played until he came to Rangers. 

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Agree with Halliday but disagree re Holt. I think he has a big heart and never hides. Totally handicapped by having r ply alongside Halliday. 

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Holts problem is he wants rid of the ball too much. He panics in possession which is strange as he is not bad with the ball at his feet

Holt  has a footballing brain, and makes great runs into the gaps. Halliday and Tav however are just rubbish.

Remember when we added fight, talent and ability to our midfield in the summer?

Rossiter? Barton? Kranjcar? Crooks? 

I can't be the only one that is amazed that after all the rambling about signing 11 players etc we actually still have pretty much the exact same team as last year.

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Holts problem is he wants rid of the ball too much. He panics in possession which is strange as he is not bad with the ball at his feet

Strongly disagree. I think he's a very clever player who always shows for the ball and works hard.